Harbaugh: “The wind was very impactful”

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I think the missed FGs gave them bad juju and threw off the rest of their game. Best kicker in the league doinking 2 FGs is not good for the psyche 

Harbaugh acknowledged the wind affected both teams, so no problem with his comments there.

Tucker's reactions to the misses were great. Just in total shock. 😆

The article said that the wind turned a game with two prolific offenses into a defensive struggle. 

That was supposed to play into the Ravens' favor, considering they were regarded as the best defense over the last 6 weeks at least.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

To Martindale’s credit, he did a ton of post snap adjustments and Josh was confused a few times. But yeah, Wink didn’t bring the heat like usual and that’s a credit to his respect for Allen who’s been killing Cover 0 and Cover 1 looks all year. I can’t believe they totally removed Beasley from the game and gave Diggs as much single coverage as they did. 

Right on.  

Beasley think still is hurt.  Hoping heals fast.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

The guy's not wrong.  It was a very rough night for PKs, and we saw quite a few passes get away from all three QBs.  No need to get all defensive about it.

He was also specifically asked about the wind. It wasn’t like he went up there looking for an excuse why they lost.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I think the missed FGs gave them bad juju and threw off the rest of their game. Best kicker in the league doinking 2 FGs is not good for the psyche 

I was at the game and the wind was swirling and changing direction constantly. Both Bass and Tucker looked frustrated during halftime as they were shanking their kicks from 40 and out. It was bad

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I mean, he is telling the truth.

I actually thought the wind helped the Ravens. I think the Bills would have lit them up otherwise.

Agreed. The overthrow from Allen to Diggs they keep showing it looked like the ball just gets swept away toward the sideline. Pretty sure the win played a hand in that one and likely a few others. The longer the ball was traveling through the air the more the wind was going to carry it.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Beast said:

I mean, he is telling the truth.

I actually thought the wind helped the Ravens. I think the Bills would have lit them up otherwise.

Yea it was. It played right into the Ravens hands defensively. They wanted to blanket our short passing game and dare the Bills to throw over the top and the fact the wind was playing havoc with the deep ball definitely helped them get away without being burned on that. 

It did help us on that late Huntley throw but even if he hits that I am not sure it changes the outcome.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it was. It played right into the Ravens hands defensively. They wanted to blanket our short passing game and dare the Bills to throw over the top and the fact the wind was playing havoc with the deep ball definitely helped them get away without being burned on that. 

It did help us on that late Huntley throw but even if he hits that I am not sure it changes the outcome.

It looked a lot like the 2019 game early on.........deep balls badly over thrown.

Except this time it was mostly the wind.........last year Josh couldn't hit a deep ball regardless.

The conditions REALLY played into the Ravens hands but oddly enough it was not being able to snap the ball in the wind that really killed them.    Mekari was losing his mind out there.   He tried to adjust but nothing worked.   

• Like (+1) 2

I just heard Kurt warner saying the game should have been played indoors....that its a shame the best team isn't moving on....really Kurt?

I just lost all respect for for that bozo....and I used to think very highly of him.

The Ravens play out doors in Baltimore Maryland its not exactly a tropical paradise this time of year.

• Vomit 1