With the performance against the Ravens, Count us in for 2 comp picks when Frazier takes the Houston job

Every time I think about this subject or open this thread, I continue to feel that the compensation is backwards.  Why wouldn't the team who is hiring and promoting the minority to the two most powerful positions in the football side of the business, be the ones getting rewarded in terms of draft picks?  Instead, the team NOT promoting the minority is to be commended/rewarded for holding them back(not promoting them)?  

Edited by BTB

Sometimes Daboll is money..and other times I think we could do better.   My fears when it comes to losing Daboll actually pertain to something else.

This whole Bills organization that Mcdermott set up along with Beane center around family and love.   I think that the attitude and personal make up 

of any coaching staff that is brought in has to fit into this dynamic.   Look at how Daboll talks about Josh.   Its not JUST  a coach that values his qb.  

Look at what happened in Minnesota when they brought in a new O coordinator that suddenly wanted to change the offensive dynamic.   Suddenly Diggs no longer bought into the program and wanted out.  

If Daboll does leave or even Leslie, that would be my biggest fear and argument for promoting within.  

8 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Sometimes Daboll is money..and other times I think we could do better.   My fears when it comes to losing Daboll actually pertain to something else.

This whole Bills organization that Mcdermott set up along with Beane center around family and love.   I think that the attitude and personal make up 

of any coaching staff that is brought in has to fit into this dynamic.   Look at how Daboll talks about Josh.   Its not JUST  a coach that values his qb.  

Look at what happened in Minnesota when they brought in a new O coordinator that suddenly wanted to change the offensive dynamic.   Suddenly Diggs no longer bought into the program and wanted out.  

If Daboll does leave or even Leslie, that would be my biggest fear and argument for promoting within.  

I hear ya but I have confidence that McDermott would look for similar qualities in his replacement. McDermott understands that a good person with skill is more valuable than someone with just skill.

14 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

68% of NFL players are not Caucasian. 83% of the world population is not Caucasian.  So maybe Daboll is in the minority. 

14 hours ago, Doc said:

Probably.  But it is the Texans...

Exactly.  That FO is so forcefully crapping it’s pants over Watson’s beef, that they will pull this trigger in a panic.

It would be a mistake.  Bad precedent plus they have months to placate Watson.  

Just now, Monty98 said:

I'll take a legit qb and head coach job over an OC job. (Not that Allen isn't a legit QB)

Whether Stafford is a "legit QB" is open for debate.  I think it's more that you accept a HC'ing offer whenever it's offered.

Just now, Doc said:

Whether Stafford is a "legit QB" is open for debate.  I think it's more that you accept a HC'ing offer whenever it's offered.

Stafford has been a legit QB regardless of the terrible staffs put in front of him. But I agree, you take the HC job over OC regardless

Though he is interviewing and the job isn't considered an attractive one, "counting on it" is a bit of a leap. This will be his first interview anywhere since coming on with McDermott 4 years ago. And it's widely assumed that he's just calling McDermott's Defensive strategy for the week. So I'm not sure Frazier is given as much credit for D success as we think (as evidenced by the overall lack of interest).

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

When in actuality, you have absolutely no clue.  Pretending is fun though 

For some folk, If you state an opinion frequently enough they start to believe that opinion as fact. Some types of people fall prey to this after only saying it once. 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Misleading Title]
1 hour ago, Monty98 said:

I'll take a legit qb and head coach job over an OC job. (Not that Allen isn't a legit QB)

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I’m just not sure that he will just take any HC job offered. He may fall into the camp that thinks it’s better to be more selective. Particularly since he’s apparently already had a conversation (not interview) with the Seahawks about their OC opening. He may very well opt to take a step back, work with a legit top QB, and then take a better HC opportunity in the future. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/16/seahawks-interest-doug-pederson-offensive-coordinator-russell-wilson-input/amp/

• IgotBILLStopay changed the title to With the performance against the Ravens, Count us in for 2 comp picks when Frazier takes the Houston job