Bill win! But do you guys regret that you weren’t entertained?

10 hours ago, prissythecat said:

It is sarcasm.  You were likely on hiatus during the time we had like  half a dozen threads about the need for offense and entertainment.  This is a tongue in cheek take on the ridiculous position .

Some of us got where this thread was coming from.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Josh only passed for 206 yards and we only got 10 offensive points.   This game was primarily won by defense . But it want entertaining.  I heard we need 300 yard passing games with lots of points. And shouldn’t  care about defense.   

Winning!

10 hours ago, prissythecat said:

It is sarcasm.  You were likely on hiatus during the time we had like  half a dozen threads about the need for offense and entertainment.  This is a tongue in cheek take on the ridiculous position .

You should enjoy the win instead of posting “tongue in cheek takes” arguing with other Bills fans from last year. 

Imagine seeing the Bills win a divisional round game, and going “I have to try to OWN those posters from October 2019!”

Sad.

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You should enjoy the win instead of posting “tongue in cheek takes” arguing with other Bills fans from last year. 

Imagine seeing the Bills win a divisional round game, and going “I have to try to OWN those posters from October 2019!”

Sad.

Dude.  Does anyone here really care about what you have to say?    Didn't someone recently call you out for having zero reading comprehension  as you post in  a lot of threads showing very little understanding of the main point of argument.   

Josh only passed for 206 yards and we only got 10 offensive points.   This game was primarily won by defense . But it want entertaining.  I heard we need 300 yard passing games with lots of points. And shouldn’t  care about defense.   

Let’s be honest - getting to the AFC Championship is fine, but without a “signature win” it’s pretty empty.  I want to see more out of Josh and McBeane before we anoint them.  

/sarcasm

8 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Dude.  Does anyone here really care about what you have to say?    Didn't someone recently call you out for having zero reading comprehension  as you post in  a lot of threads showing very little understanding of the main point of argument.   

So you aren't calling out posters from 2019 who wanted more passing yards and exciting games? 

Oh wait, no that's exactly what you're doing.

Sick way to enjoy the win lol

Also, looks like your OP was super popular. lol

image.png.480e97c448a6beb0a964b1e897e0d6d1.png

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

So you aren't calling out posters from 2019 who wanted more passing yards and exciting games? 

Oh wait, no that's exactly what you're doing.

Sick way to enjoy the win lol

Also, looks like your OP was super popular. lol

image.png.480e97c448a6beb0a964b1e897e0d6d1.png

Nope. Because unlike you,  I  read in the forums before chiming in.   The posts actually are from at least 2017 to present 😃 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just want to say I am the only person here (I think) who called this, a long way back!  

Your post was poorly written though.  You were kind of on both sides of the fence.

It is funny to watch everyone jump all over you; the pack mentality here and the need to follow is strong at this forum.

“It doesn't matter how you win....there are no style points.“

EXACTLY!

I have been, like so many here throughout this entire millenium, watching some of the most untalented, undisciplined players, the most stupid, boneheaded, HCs, the slack jawed, waaaay past ANY prime GMs, hoping, praying that one day the Bills would finally turn the corner on that morass of defeat and decrepitude! And yes, just one time, I wanted to see a highly competent performance on both sides of the ball, in some sort of signature win.

As the stupidity and ‘Ls’ rolled on, I gave that up. Simply believing the: “Just Win Baby” logo. However, I have been around (pre Internet) for the glory of The Glory Years! So I know, really, really great Buffalo teams, studded with HOFers. Which is why, when people were lenient on endless years of mediocrity, I decidedly was NOT! 

Which meant, when McD & the Beane rolled into town, cover me, highly sceptical. Mgt. can say ANYTHING! By now, it’s “Show Me”! What You Got!

I mean, they looked okay, but where they quantum different from the lineage of 2000s losers? Slow start, where most of us looked at Allen and said, why can’t this rocket arm kid hit a 30 yarder?

Of course, the answer was both Chicken & Egg. 1) Replace the Sunday Beer League WR corps with All Pros. 2) Sick one of the top QB gurus of the game (Palmer) on Josh’s mechanics- both feet and throwing motion movement. 

The results are obvious. In ONE Season, this one, the Bills have transformed from a Playoff bound team trying to appear competent to a Seek & Destroy, pedal to the metal every moment, conqueror! I simply do not recall an in year transformation like this- really from about mid season on, in NFL history, since I started following the Packers in the mid 60s.

And so, there are some game days, deep into the Playoffs, where the stiffs have been cast aside. And where you need to go, toe to toe in a 15 Rounder with a relatively equal opponent and knock them out- which literally is what happened. To me, this increases your strength and fear in your opponents about facing you. They know you can run amuck and on those weird Orchard Park wind days (which I’d forgotten since we haven’t had a Home Playoff game for a 1/4 century!!!), the Bills can still out slug you.

LOVED IT! Go Bills... right through Tampa! 

On 1/17/2021 at 8:07 AM, SalCapaccioSayingHeyHeyHey said:

Not for one second!  I was entertained the whole time.   Wasn't even able to sit down the whole game.  But seriously,  If the wind was bad,  why did the Bills literally not run the ball at all?  I am not sure  of the number but it seemed like i could count the amount of times we ran on one hand?

Not overly concerned with it,  a win is a win!  But I dont think I have ever seen a game with so little running.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a new low for Bills rush attempts at 16.  But the Bills have come close previously: 

Seahawks 18 rushes

Cardinals 19 rushes

Of course we ended the 2nd and 4th Q with kneel-downs, so that inflates our rush total by 4.  Really 12 rushes.  Significant season low.

Hmmm....maybe the Bills think "rushing is for the Birds, so we won't do it when we're facing those Bird Teams?"

Apparently Daboll felt that if the Poe-Birds could smother Henry behind the Flaming Thumbtacks OL, they would find our rush game crunchy and good with ketsup, so why even feed them?

But, I don't understand all the super-deep shots on a windy day.  I've been going through looking at them all on all-22 and in many of them especially on 3rd down, there were other receivers open but the deep route appeared to be the only option that would allow us to convert.

On 1/16/2021 at 11:24 PM, prissythecat said:

Where is "cancel culture" when you need it the most? 🤣

Edited by Big Turk