Chris Collinsworth: Bills haven't been to the playoffs in a long long time

pennstate10

Colinsworth and Michaels have gotten substantially worse. If I had to guess at why, I’d posit that Michaels is slowing down with age and not retaining information as well as he used. The result is CC failing at holding up the broadcast like Michaels used to. The leading questions and commentary that kept CC on point and interesting is mostly gone now. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

What a bozo. 

They really pay this guy to be a football "analyst "?

I laughed my ass off at that one 3 out of 4 years jackazz ;)

My other favorite hot take was  Al commenting on Josh's  completion percentage going up this year ...that he dink and dunked his way to 69%.

Did he even watch any Bills games this year?

Give me Tirico with Drew Brees all day long and let Al and Chris retire.

Edited by JMF2006

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Colinsworth and Michaels have gotten substantially worse. If I had to guess at why, I’d posit that Michaels is slowing down with age and not retaining information as well as he used. The result is CC failing at holding up the broadcast like Michaels used to. The leading questions and commentary that kept CC on point and interesting is mostly gone now. 

Same as me.  I can remember seating arrangements in high school homeroom, yet I forget now why I walked out to the kitchen.  Oh well, might as well make a sandwich while I am here. 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Same as me.  I can remember seating arrangements in high school homeroom, yet I forget now why I walked out to the kitchen.  Oh well, might as well make a sandwich while I am here. 😁

See. I just keep forgetting that I already drank a beer. My lagging memory hasn’t been kind to my waistline. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He realizes we have been in the playoffs recently.

He was trying to say that teams that have been down for a while are suddenly alive in the playoffs and it's fun to watch.  Tampa, Cleveland, Bills.   

He didn't do a great job of saying it.  

That's the problem. He gets paid to talk and he's not particularly good at it.

All I’ve got to say about CC is,  “now here’s a guy” 

Edited by Don Otreply

Opinions of color analysts never bother me. What bothers me is that most of them just offer up a narration of exactly what we just saw with our own eyes. Few of them seem capable of actually adding any insight, let alone any keen insight into the game. There’s Romo and everybody else as far as I’m concerned. Collinsworth may be as affable as they come, but he’s not very good at his job. 

The way he spoke last night sure made him sound like he rrrrrreally wanted the Ravens to win. Lamar Jackson could've sneeze-farted himself off the bench and Collinsworth would've been like, "Oh my, he is just so incredibly, unbelievably, extraordinarily amazing, Al. I mean, when we call his games, I know to pack at least 7 or 8 extra pairs of slacks because I know I'm gonna ruin quite a few! Heck, I had to change twice before the game even started!" He's a goon.

• Awesome! (+1) 1