Chris Collinsworth: Bills haven't been to the playoffs in a long long time

pennstate10

29 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Maybe it's just me, but I interpreted what CC meant was that we were a team that hadn't been to the playoffs for a long time until McD arrived. Much like the Browns hadn't until Stefanski became their HC. 

There is a difference between squeaking in and being a very real threat to go ALL the way. It’s been a VERY long time since we were that very real threat. That is how I see it. 

Regardless, we are moving on, baby! 

3 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

The quote I remember is from Michaels saying Josh’s completion % increased this year because he started throwing shorter passes. Yea... right!

Seriously. And that's why Allen was one of the best deep ball throwers in the NFL this year? So uninformed.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

Collinsworth waxed poetic on Allen the entire pittsburgh game. and he was not unfair tonight. people hear what they wanna hear. He says a few dumb things, but he has a fun personality and he does have good insight. 

Nah...he says obvious things.

He was saying Jackson should take those short passes all night, disregarding the possible reasons Buffalo may be giving them up. A really good color guy would say Jackson just has to be careful about being too predictable.

Meanwhile, I was noticing that they were setting Lamar up the same way they set up Big Ben. I called the Taron Johnson pick before it happened.

Edited by LeGOATski

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Nah...he says obvious things.

He was saying Jackson should take those short passes all night, disregarding the possible reasons Buffalo may be giving them up. A really good color guy would say Jackson just has to be careful about being too predictable.

Meanwhile, I was noticing that they were setting Lamar up the same way they set up Big Ben. I called the Taron Johnson pick before it happened.

well im sure you understand the game better than cc. very impressive on your part. 

Al Michaels said Allen's increase in completion percentage was because he has been checking it down this year.

I don't even know where to start on that one....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pennstate10 said:

What a bozo. 

They really pay this guy to be a football "analyst "?

Jeez, you guys are sensitive. 

I thought it was pretty clear he meant this level of the playoffs, or till this regime.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Calling Jackson an "MVP" all night and never mentioning Allen in the same breath.

***** YOU!!!!!!!

LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!!

Did I miss Josh winning MVP at some point? 

Again, you folks are so oversensitive. He said good things about Allen all night.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, H2o said:

Collinsworth owns PFF. Understand now?

He doesn't own it, he owns a large piece of it.

And what that should tell anyone interested is that he recognized a good investment when he saw it. Since every NFL team subscribes for their info, he clearly knows a good thing when he sees it.

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

His son on the other hand....oh wait he’s just as cringeworthy 

Yes, he looks like him, sounds like him, and also works for NBC.  Probably will take over when Daddy calls it quits. Aw shucks!

Al Michaels has also turned into too much of a clown.  The 2 of them together gets really annoying.  Yuck yuck yuck!

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

The quote I remember is from Michaels saying Josh’s completion % increased this year because he started throwing shorter passes. Yea... right!

Texted some friends about it as soon as he said it. Check downs for 4500 yds, sounds about right. Thanks for bothering to put the time in on the team you’re covering that week Al. You’re a true professional. He and Collinsworth deserve one another. They’re duking it out with Troy and Joe for most insufferable, inane  broadcast tandem in sports. 

• Agree 1