1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff BILLS GOING TO AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Postgame Thread

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I don't think it's so much about us as it is about them... They've now had their offense exposed in back to back playoffs and it just isn't working. Something has to give. They either have to commit to having more balance and improving Jackson as a passer/surround him with legitimate weapons, or they need to give up on Lamar and start looking for the exit plan. 

Here's what I expect they'll do: Draft linemen on both sides, sign an uninspiring WR, draft a fast WR late in the draft, and pickup a RB in the top 3 rounds to replace Edwards. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

I was thinking this same thing today.  Do they really feel great with their QB situation and system going forward knowing the limitations and how teams can scheme against it.  Does anyone think that they wouldn't rather have Allen at this point.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I have no explanation of how but that stadium sounded like it was full last night. I had so many people sending me clips from tv......me with viking hat and pro bowl Moulds jersey

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKIRrqeBwX3/?igshid=qgjw2geh66hb

That's cool you got on national TV!

I know you said you have no explanation, but from your vantage point did you see just everyone in the crowd giving max effort all game screaming/banging.  How did it compare to reg games you've been to

5 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I was thinking this same thing today.  Do they really feel great with their QB situation and system going forward knowing the limitations and how teams can scheme against it.  Does anyone think that they wouldn't rather have Allen at this point.

I think every team besides KC would want Allen.  He's that good and still not close to his ceiling 

39 minutes ago, finn said:

What is Baker known for? Really. I've only seen highlights (and lowlights) of Browns games. What is he known for? A Rivers-like quick release? Long balls? Is he a check-down artist? Clutch? His highlights all seem to be throws to wide-open receivers. 

Being a douche.... 

But seriously... He's like a more athletic Kirk Cousins...

Accurate, but makes poor decisions. Okay arm strength, but isn't gonna blow you away, can escape the pocket but isn't a threat to run much... in a league of ever expanding horizons he's an okay QB. 

Edited by whatdrought

57 minutes ago, wjag said:

I just saw Matt Hasselback talk about the Allen-Diggs TD. Josh threw it before he had the laces.  Matt says some QBs won’t/can’t do that. Seeing the play, it was definitely a wobbly throw.  He just zipped it over there.  The game within the game.  So good. 

Yep - he compared it to turning a double play.  Was a cool observation

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wherever the game is next week it'll be a "weather game" and likely cold and crummy.

That said, IF the Bills can get by, we know what warm-weather Josh looks like, and it's awesome. I hear Florida is nice this time of year.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Anyone else realize the last championship game the bills played for the 1993 season was against Joe Montana and the Chiefs to get to our last superbowl?

maybe the cosmic forces have been reset😜

GO BILLS!!

And I believe we played them during the season and lost. Just like this year...

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Anyone else realize the last championship game the bills played for the 1993 season was against Joe Montana and the Chiefs to get to our last superbowl?

maybe the cosmic forces have been reset😜

GO BILLS!!

I think it might have been mentioned that the first AFL championship to qualify for the inter-league championship against the NFL in 1966, was Bills versus Chiefs with the winner facing the Green Bay Packers. The visiting team had a resounding victory that day, New Years Day 1967, in War Memorial Stadium over dere on Masten Ave.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yes we got butchered in Arrowhead. Probably the worst loss of the K gun era.

I remember both games pretty well. In the playoffs, I believe that was the game Tasker took back an onside kick for a TD? 

Edited by RichRiderBills

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I remember being terrified of the re-match. They ran it down our throats in the regular season, and we couldn’t move the ball. 

we just dominated them in the AFC championship, running it right down their throats. I remember Thurman schooling that Dan Saleamua.

To the Matt Milano haters 

https://sports.yahoo.com/stock-stock-down-following-bills-154134472.html

Matt Milano

Linebacker Matt Milano had an outstanding game against the Ravens, having an all around impact for the Bills defense. Throughout the game the outside linebacker was in the backfield making it difficult for Baltimore to run the ball. He also was one of the key factors in the poor passing performance from Lamar Jackson. Milano was rushing Jackson off the edge making him uncomfortable in the pocket.

Milano’s statline emphasized his utility, he had seven tackles and broke up two passes. With either the Browns or Kansas City coming up on the horizon he’ll need to have another great game.

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

To the Matt Milano haters 

https://sports.yahoo.com/stock-stock-down-following-bills-154134472.html

Matt Milano

Linebacker Matt Milano had an outstanding game against the Ravens, having an all around impact for the Bills defense. Throughout the game the outside linebacker was in the backfield making it difficult for Baltimore to run the ball. He also was one of the key factors in the poor passing performance from Lamar Jackson. Milano was rushing Jackson off the edge making him uncomfortable in the pocket.

Milano’s statline emphasized his utility, he had seven tackles and broke up two passes. With either the Browns or Kansas City coming up on the horizon he’ll need to have another great game.

I’m all in on Milano.  Hopefully 3 year/$36M gets it done. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I kissed everyone around me after the pick six.  (With my mask on, of course)

I just sat there, I mean no yelling at all and no doubt with my mouth hanging open and watched.  I couldn't believe it.

12 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

There is no reasonable refutation of this fact. The back of his head hit the turf HARD and his immediate reaction--both hands clutching the sides of his helmet--is an unmistakable sign of "damage."

It was a HARD hit.  

He laid on the field for a long time.