1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff BILLS GOING TO AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Postgame Thread

It has to be a horrible feeling in Baltimore right now knowing one of the teams coming into their own at the same time as you figured out how to shut down your franchise qb. Nobody saw that coming. The Bills were one missed tackle and one blown coverage assignment from making Lamar a sub 100 yard passer and runner on the night. I think everyone outside Baltimore knows that could have gone on for another 8 quarters. The difference in play between the teams was much more than what the scoreboard showed. That was a beat down

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I wanted to point out two unheralded but tremendous plays:

1) Levi Wallace sack. Ravens were really marching on that first drive. That sack was huge. And it was really hard. Wallace didn’t bite on the fake and made a really difficult but sure-handed tackle. 

2) Dion Dawkins fumble recovery. Similar to the Williams recovery last week, if the Ravens recover there, I believe they are on our side of the field, and are set up really well to move ahead and change the momentum of the game. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beanie72 said:

It has to be a horrible feeling in Baltimore right now knowing one of the teams coming into their own at the same time as you figured out how to shut down your franchise qb. Nobody saw that coming. The Bills were one missed tackle and one blown coverage assignment from making Lamar a sub 100 yard passer and runner on the night. I think everyone outside Baltimore knows that could have gone on for another 8 quarters. The difference in play between the teams was much more than what the scoreboard showed. That was a beat down

I don't think it's so much about us as it is about them... They've now had their offense exposed in back to back playoffs and it just isn't working. Something has to give. They either have to commit to having more balance and improving Jackson as a passer/surround him with legitimate weapons, or they need to give up on Lamar and start looking for the exit plan. 

Here's what I expect they'll do: Draft linemen on both sides, sign an uninspiring WR, draft a fast WR late in the draft, and pickup a RB in the top 3 rounds to replace Edwards. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just a couple of items for the game today.

I of course want KC to win....and I hope we do so we can host the Bills...the 2 best teams in the AFC in the AFCCG is how it ought to be.

This season, (not counting week 17 in wich KC played all 2nd team)  KC was outrushed by their opponents 8 times.  KC won 7 of those.  KC lost TOP 7 times and even in one other game.  Won all 8.

KC has led big through 3 quarters all year...and have played prevent giving teams scores that make games look closer than they are.

KC scoring differential through 3 quarters: 

KC Q 1-3  313.   Opponents Q 1-3  184.  KC +129

KC Q 4  135.  Opponents 120   KC +15  

With Pat Mahomes at QB.  KC has has played 5 playoff games.  The Chiefs have never scored fewer than 31 points in any of them.

KC has had 2 punts blocked and returned for TD's against them....they won both of those games by double digits.

Mahomes has never finished the 4th Q of a playoff game as the losing QB.  His only playoff loss was 2018 AFCCG when Pats got ball 1st in OT and scored TD.  Mahomes never had the ball.  

Mahomes has 6 rushing TD's in 5 playoff games to go along with his 13 TD passes.  

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

I have no explanation of how but that stadium sounded like it was full last night. I had so many people sending me clips from tv......me with viking hat and pro bowl Moulds jersey

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKIRrqeBwX3/?igshid=qgjw2geh66hb

The announcers on TV and various analysts and commentators across the interwebs all were in agreement that it was almost supernaturally loud, considering how few people were there.

• Like (+1) 2

It was mentioned last night, how Jackson's eyes were on Andrews the entire time.  This morning I had numerous opportunities to review that play from a few different angles.  Not to take anything away from Taron's pick, but my gosh.  Jackson telegraphed that throw from the snap.

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Just a couple of items for the game today.

I of course want KC to win....and I hope we do so we can host the Bills...the 2 best teams in the AFC in the AFCCG is how it ought to be.

This season, (not counting week 17 in wich KC played all 2nd team)  KC was outrushed by their opponents 8 times.  KC won 7 of those.  KC lost TOP 7 times and even in one other game.  Won all 8.

KC has led big through 3 quarters all year...and have played prevent giving teams scores that make games look closer than they are.

KC scoring differential through 3 quarters: 

KC Q 1-3  313.   Opponents Q 1-3  184.  KC +129

KC Q 4  135.  Opponents 120   KC +15  

With Pat Mahomes at QB.  KC has has played 5 playoff games.  The Chiefs have never scored fewer than 31 points in any of them.

KC has had 2 punts blocked and returned for TD's against them....they won both of those games by double digits.

Mahomes has never finished the 4th Q of a playoff game as the losing QB.  His only playoff loss was 2018 AFCCG when Pats got ball 1st in OT and scored TD.  Mahomes never had the ball.  

Mahomes has 6 rushing TD's in 5 playoff games to go along with his 13 TD passes.  

This is an interesting note, but not winning by a full touchdown for like two and a half months is still concerning. However it's happening. 

Besides, going back November 1, when you blew out the Jets, the Panthers, Raiders, Broncos, Saints and Falcons were all right there with you throughout the game, while the Dolphins and Bucs did the come from behind thing you mention - but even in those games, it wasn't like you were up 50 and let them claw back. 

Not saying any of this is relevant to the game today, but the closeness of the games isn't as overdone a narrative as you present. I personally don't care - win by 3, win by 33. It is what it is. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

Seeing more doubt/hate/disrespect from the media this morning is unreal.

"The weather really hurt the Ravens!"

"The playcalling by Greg Roman was suspect!"

Really? I mean...I don't know what everyone ELSE watched, but I watched the Bills defense absolutely dominate Lamar Jackson like he has rarely been dominated before. 

I'm not sure what it would take for the Bills to FINALLY get a little respect. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield after every game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I wasn’t drinking heavily at all, but I’ve completely blacked out on what I was doing in the moment during that pick six last night. Like was I yelling? Standing up? I can’t remember. 

Not having seen meaningful postseason football with big plays in my team’s favor literally since I was a teenager...I guess what I’m asking is, is that normal?

• Like (+1) 1

I just saw Matt Hasselback talk about the Allen-Diggs TD. Josh threw it before he had the laces.  Matt says some QBs won’t/can’t do that. Seeing the play, it was definitely a wobbly throw.  He just zipped it over there.  The game within the game.  So good. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Seeing more doubt/hate/disrespect from the media this morning is unreal.

"The weather really hurt the Ravens!"

"The playcalling by Greg Roman was suspect!"

Really? I mean...I don't know what everyone ELSE watched, but I watched the Bills defense absolutely dominate Lamar Jackson like he has rarely been dominated before. 

I'm not sure what it would take for the Bills to FINALLY get a little respect. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield after every game.

I mean it was the exact opposite the weather favored the run heavy team not the pass heavy team.

xlMn0Ad.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I wanted to point out two unheralded but tremendous plays:

1) Levi Wallace sack. Ravens were really marching on that first drive. That sack was huge. And it was really hard. Wallace didn’t bite on the fake and made a really difficult but sure-handed tackle. 

2) Dion Dawkins fumble recovery. Similar to the Williams recovery last week, if the Ravens recover there, I believe they are on our side of the field, and are set up really well to move ahead and change the momentum of the game. 

Agreed. Dion had the best view of the play as Judon blew by him. Good on him to atone.