1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff BILLS GOING TO AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Postgame Thread

3 hours ago, finn said:

I had the opposite reaction. The wind is blowing down long passes, yet Daboll keeps calling them for the entire first half. Based on McDermott's post-game comments, I suspect he told Daboll at halftime to knock it off. If the Bills had lost, Daboll would be excoriated on this board--for good reason. The ten-yard passes appeared to be there all game, and what success the Bills did have passing was due mostly to them. It seems to me Daboll's all-pass plan was stupid under the wind conditions, and, worse, he didn't change it when it failed, at least not until half time. My sense was that a more balanced attack of runs--even very short ones--and short passes might have led the Bills to a lopsided lead by halftime. Frazier and McDermott are the heroes here. We don't need a goat, but let's just say it's lucky for Daboll the Bills won. That first half was bone headed on his part. 

EXACTLY!

I do apologize, in order to:

1) Bono for bitching at the TV for hitting a 20 yard punt.

2) Bassbugs for shanking one.

3) Bad 2018 Josh thoughts about him missing Diggs by 7 yards, more than once.

I do watch Weather Reports, National & Local for betting purposes. EVERY day I watched the one for OP and not once, did it say 24MPH winds! Yes, I was looking for snow, totalling forgetting about the winds I’d seen generations ago at Rich Stadium.

And why? Because, there hasn’t been a Home Playoff Game there, in 25 years!! 

But Daboll was THERE on site! Surely, by Half Time he could figure out that neither QB could throw deep properly, nor could any Kicker kick!
You simply must adjust!

Despite that, a GREAT WIN, in a 15 Round Slug Fest!

On to Tampa.

Edited by Billsatlastin2018

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

That's cool you got on national TV!

I know you said you have no explanation, but from your vantage point did you see just everyone in the crowd giving max effort all game screaming/banging.  How did it compare to reg games you've been to

Piped in crowd noise.

57 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I think it was Collinsworth who said last night that the Bills my must have thought - "these guys pretty much shut down Henry last week, why would we think we can do any better ? "

Well we did run effectively on that drive to start the 2nd half. 

I just didnt get doing these deep passes w the wind instead. It was the same stubborn weather stuff we saw in Chiefs game. 

I just was not a fan of the 1st half playcalling...in some spots.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

That's cool you got on national TV!

I know you said you have no explanation, but from your vantage point did you see just everyone in the crowd giving max effort all game screaming/banging.  How did it compare to reg games you've been to

Oddly enough it felt close to a normal game....strange

3 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

I wasn’t drinking heavily at all, but I’ve completely blacked out on what I was doing in the moment during that pick six last night. Like was I yelling? Standing up? I can’t remember. 

Not having seen meaningful postseason football with big plays in my team’s favor literally since I was a teenager...I guess what I’m asking is, is that normal?

Yes, completely normal.

All I remember is someone screaming in my ears (well, it was me), and then I lost all proprioception.

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This throw was crazy

"Doing a little Lamar Jackson imitation there" I didn't catch that the first time and almost just tossed my computer out the window on playback. When will they learn? 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Question on the pick 6... when Tre blocked Lamar, he kind of turned his body square back to our end zone.  By rules, wouldn’t that have been an illegal block? (Like in Wildcard game last year against Texans)

Not a violation per rule

The NFL instituted this new rule, defining a blindside block as any play when “a player initiates a block in which he is moving toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

To the Matt Milano haters 

https://sports.yahoo.com/stock-stock-down-following-bills-154134472.html

Matt Milano

Linebacker Matt Milano had an outstanding game against the Ravens, having an all around impact for the Bills defense. Throughout the game the outside linebacker was in the backfield making it difficult for Baltimore to run the ball. He also was one of the key factors in the poor passing performance from Lamar Jackson. Milano was rushing Jackson off the edge making him uncomfortable in the pocket.

Milano’s statline emphasized his utility, he had seven tackles and broke up two passes. With either the Browns or Kansas City coming up on the horizon he’ll need to have another great game.

I don't think I have ever seen one Matt Milano hater.... I don't understand why people post a story and say "Hey haters" where there is none...

Why can't we just post the story instead of making up hater groups?

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

I don't think I have ever seen one Matt Milano hater.... I don't understand why people post a story and say "Hey haters" where there is none...

Why can't we just post the story instead of making up hater groups?

Search for the Milano or Edmunds thread.

Many have said Milano isn't worthy. Those people who dislike him know who they are. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

14 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

What?!?  Milano is Jay Cutler?!?  Don't care! 😁

Wait what?