1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff BILLS GOING TO AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Postgame Thread

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Seeing more doubt/hate/disrespect from the media this morning is unreal.

"The weather really hurt the Ravens!"

"The playcalling by Greg Roman was suspect!"

Really? I mean...I don't know what everyone ELSE watched, but I watched the Bills defense absolutely dominate Lamar Jackson like he has rarely been dominated before. 

I'm not sure what it would take for the Bills to FINALLY get a little respect. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield after every game.

I’m not the least bit surprised. I called that on here last night. National media pundits are morons and then have to double down on their flawed narratives even after they’ve been proven wrong. It’s funny and sad all at the same time. 

• Like (+1) 2

I hear that playing at home is good...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Half of me wants the Browns because of the obvious home game advantage but the real competitor in me wants KC. I want to prove we are the best team. I want Mahomes. I don’t like his smug arrogance and I want us to win it in their stadium in front of the whole country. 

Edited by Locomark

I predict the Chiefs come out FLAT.  Bye week last week.  Rested starters in week 17.  Played like crap against a bad Falcons team week 16.  

It's been 4 weeks since they played a good game.

The game is different now,  it's less physical than in years past..rest isn't as important,  remaining in sync with your teamates is.  Taking 2 games off was a bad move by Coach Reid.  Especially after a bad game against the falcons.  

Browns win! It's  Rust Belt Destiny!!!  Only this year could it be possible.

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

Seeing more doubt/hate/disrespect from the media this morning is unreal.

"The weather really hurt the Ravens!"

"The playcalling by Greg Roman was suspect!"

Really? I mean...I don't know what everyone ELSE watched, but I watched the Bills defense absolutely dominate Lamar Jackson like he has rarely been dominated before. 

I'm not sure what it would take for the Bills to FINALLY get a little respect. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield after every game.

I havent really seen anything yet because I havent been looking.  Reality is Lamar had good weather last week and outside of two plays he didnt play any better.  Eventually people will come to terms with what some of us have felt from the beginning.... Lamar is an amazing athlete but not a good QB.

• Agree 2

I haven't seen much discussion of it - but what did everyone think about Allen's "flop"?

I would have been truly upset about that if I was a Raven's fan - not so much at Allen, but that it actually got a flag.

As a Bills fan, it just makes up for a million of 'em that went against us. But man was that ticky tacky for a playoff game.

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Half of me wants the Browns because of the obvious home game advantage but the real competitor in me wants KC. I want to prove we are the best team. I want Mahomes. I don’t like his smug arrogance and I want us to win it in their stadium in front of the whole country. 

Chatting with my brother this AM I said I’m caught betwixt and between.  If Cleveland knocks off the Chiefs, that makes them a dangerous team.  Playing at home would be nice. But they won’t be as one dimensional as Baltimore. On the other hand I would like the Buffalo 🦬 Bills to be the one who knocks off the king. I’m going to sit back and not worry. 

• Like (+1) 1

It feels unreal. Just making the playoffs seemed like a daunting task in 2010. After they hired Chan and things were dreadful I actually began to lose hope as a fan. I just assumed that Ralph would live forever and things would never turn around. The team can't get free agents, they can't draft, they could never get a good coach and they couldn't seem to do anything right. Even when they improved a bit it was still the 9 win mark as the high point. Now the Bills are in a position to win one more game and go to the Super Bowl with a shot at hosting the game none the less (this isn't a cinderella story the Bills are the freaking 2 seed). 

This team has won in multiple ways this playoffs. The offense bailed out the defense against the Colts and the defense bailed out the offense against the Ravens. But to win the next game they are going to need a complete effort. Hopefully both sides of the ball show up and show out and we can be AFC champions!

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think we're underselling how important rivers was in getting his offense into the right looks at the line though.  Not sure baker is exactly known for that 

What is Baker known for? Really. I've only seen highlights (and lowlights) of Browns games. What is he known for? A Rivers-like quick release? Long balls? Is he a check-down artist? Clutch? His highlights all seem to be throws to wide-open receivers. 

Lol, I just heard some jackass call in to sports talk radio (Mad Dog) saying the Bills are not that good and they are winning with like. He cited the pick 6 as an example and said we won’t keep winning that way. 

Thankfully the shows host knew what he was talking about and shut him down. He said that was great Defense and not some lucky tip. He also talked about how dominant our Offense has been all year and how great we have been playing. 

I just think it is crazy how hard it is for most fans to accept the fact that the Bills are good now. 

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Anyone watch Steve Smith postgame on the NFL Network ? Is he high? 

Yeah, I remember he said the Ravens couldn't move the ball when Lamar left. I would actually argue that they actually moved the ball better without him in there. I know he doesn't want to give the Bills credit but come on 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, wjag said:

Chatting with my brother this AM I said I’m caught betwixt and between.  If Cleveland knocks off the Chiefs, that makes them a dangerous team.  Playing at home would be nice. But they won’t be as one dimensional as Baltimore. On the other hand I would like the Buffalo 🦬 Bills to be the one who knocks off the king. I’m going to sit back and not worry. 

If they can't win today then they won't be called the king anymore.  We don't have to beat them today.  We just have to wait and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That play in the first half where the Ravens’ receiver dropped the ball - am I the only one who thinks it was a fumble?  He turned upfield with it.

He turned upfield but the replay showed that he never secured the catch, he was bouncing it in his hands. IIRC

• Agree 2