1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff BILLS GOING TO AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Postgame Thread

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This 10 yard passes would not have been there without the Shot Plays. The Ravens would have started squatting the routes. 

A point I had been thinking about too.  Those plays kept the DBs on their toes. They had their game value.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I bet the jab at humor, but I’m convinced Murph is right and the official NFL ruling is wrong, robbing us of another AllTime Playoff record. Johnson’s feet were 3 yards deep in the endzone so even if his hands/the ball was only 2 yards deep, it’s still the new record.  

Alas, woe is me..

I think they adjust these kinds of plays after review sometime this week

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Is there a reason why we don’t run that 4-3 defense more? 

McDermott helped take the panthers to the super bowl in a 4-3. Why do we insist on using a two LB set so much?

Because most teams play 3 and 4 WR at a time. The Ravens are one of the few that do not

Just now, RiotAct said:

all of those beautiful touch passes by Lamar really suffered because of the winds.

Right? The team that won the game did so by committing to the pass game in that weather. It's basically the worst excuse I've seen so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

Between today's comments and the recent "Allen's levers are too long to have ever consistently good throwing accuracy" statement, Kurt Warner has quickly become one of my least favorite analysts. What a boob.

Hey Kurt: the wind didn't limit Lamar Jackson's running ability, the Bills defense did. If anything, the wind only slowed the BILLS down, and they would have won more convincingly if not for weather.

• Like (+1) 2

I will admit that my fandom which goes back to the late 60's has waned over the last 20 years of mediocrity. I no longer am invested as I once was.  That being said, when Johnson intercepted the pass and was around the Bills 20 yard line, I jumped off the couch and started yelling GO!

I honestly can't remember the last time watching a Bills game in my living room, that I had that same reaction.

It was kind of like at a horse race, when the pack comes around the final turn, and shot out of a cannon, here comes the favorite, and he leaves the field in the dust.  That horses name...Taron Johnson.

Maybe my fandom still have a little life still in it.   :)

Two down, two to go.  Survive and advance.

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Between today's comments and the recent "Allen's levers are too long to have ever consistently good throwing accuracy" statement, Kurt Warner has quickly become one of my least favorite analysts. What a boob.

Hey Kurt: the wind didn't limit Lamar Jackson's running ability, the Bills defense did. If anything, the wind only slowed the BILLS down, and they would have won more convincingly if not for weather.

I mean it wasn't that windy.

tenor.gif

• Haha (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This 10 yard passes would not have been there without the Shot Plays. The Ravens would have started squatting the routes. 

Yes, a good point. Maybe fewer shot plays then. It seemed the Bills could have put this one away in the first half, and the long bombs on most every drive cut short most drives. Hey, I'm just glad they won.