1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff BILLS GOING TO AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Postgame Thread

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Re: the wind. I’ve attended blizzard games at the Rockpile (Denver & Cincy) and the coldest, crappiest games at Rich (Division Title Game vs Jets, Divisional Round game vs Raiders). Like most Bills fans, I pretended it was great to attend bitter cold December/January games. No longer. We have a fabulous, unique QB now who stands to lead us to many memorable seasons to come. Why would we want to inflict wounds to his game?

BUILD THE DOME!

I get what you're saying.  But wouldn't it be cheaper to get a very good RB that allows us to pound the ball during those few games where the passing attack can't handle the wind?

National ESPN show "Sunday Morning" was playing the Shout song every five minutes paired with a John Murphy sound byte from the Johnson INT.  Laughing my a$$ off.  The host (Matt Schick) is a Bills fan.  What a glorious morning!

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I get what you're saying.  But wouldn't it be cheaper to get a very good RB that allows us to pound the ball during those few games where the passing attack can't handle the wind?

I want Najee Harris from Bama. Will he be there at 32? He would be amazing in this offense. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm rooting for Superfly to lead the Browns to victory at Arrowhead.  We deserve to host the AFC Title Game.  And I want that POS Landry BROKEN IN HALF!!  Let's end his career the way he ended Aaron Williams' career.

As others have mentioned in other threads, a second Battle of Lake Erie would be positively epic! 

And the NFL and TV networks would HATE IT too, b/c of the 2 tiny markets involved, which makes me love it even more.

I think it would be totally cool to have a Cleveland/Buffalo AFC championship game.

The game today can't get here fast enough for me.

I would normally watch with my standard 1 hour tape delay to avoid commercials and BS, but I'm not going to make it that long today.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The media does so much to dictate the narrative every week that I’m convinced Mcd just shuts out the noise and picks nuggets here and there for motivation.

If I never watched a game of football all I would know coming into this game is that no one wants to play the Baltimore Ravens right now. And Lamar is the second coming because he busted a long td run in Nashville. The Ravens are going to bully us and run all over us. 

We   shouldn’t fear any team to play. We are good enough to win the whole thing.

But wow How hard is it to win a Super Bowl coming from the AfC?! Quality opponents one after another! This team is special!

I just heard a great example of the goofy media narrative around these games.  A guy on Fox sport radio was wondering how different the game would have been had the Ravens hit those two FG's.

My first thought on hearing this was "yea and how different is the game if we hit our two FG's from almost the exact same spot".

My second thought is "they actually pay you money to talk about the NFL on the radio?  A freaking drunk Bills fan who just jumped through a flaming table could do a better job."

• Like (+1) 1

I missed this subtlety last night.

To execute a sound defensive game plan, the Bills had to make adjustments in their pre-game preparations and on the fly during the game. That included bigger roles for defensive tackles Quinton Jefferson and Harrison Phillips against the Ravens. Baltimore likes to bring a sixth offensive lineman (usually Matt Skura) on the field to block. The Bills knew, for a game plan that was dependent on leverage and holding their spots against the rush attack, putting one of their smaller defensive ends against Skura would hurt their chances. So the Bills chose to fight size with size, putting Jefferson at defensive end on Skura’s side every time the Ravens brought him into the game. Jefferson finished the game with 12 snaps at defensive end and 24 at defensive tackle.

https://theathletic.com/2328055/2021/01/17/bills-ravens-nfl-playoffs-sean-mcdermott-josh-allen/

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Hughes actually took himself out after that play and I was yelling "No Jerry stay out for one more!"  In the end it turned out alright :)

Re: the wind - I hope this silences all the people who said it wouldnt be a factor bc Josh's strong arm would "cut through it".   Sure it can help for short throws on a line, but for long balls the law of physics gets more involved.  Once the ball is up there on the swirling winds it can go anywhere, regardless of how strong your arm is.  They pointed out on the broadcast that Huntley's overthrow to wide open receiver on 4th down was same end that the

wind took over on Josh's overthrows earlier in the game.  For this team, where the deep ball is one of the keys for the offense, high wind is the worst weather element they can encounter IMO.  Even in snow/rain/ slippery field - most times that favors receivers who know where they are going vs defense having to react 

I think it’s more that a qb feels he can’t put air under a deep throw because the wind will hold it up if it’s too high. Hence you have to throw those low-arc bombs that have to be super-accurate because the receiver has no chance to catch up to it. And it’s not as if Allen didn’t miss deep throws before. He really struggled last year and in the first half of this season with bomb accuracy.