Ravens and Lamar Jackson to talk about contract extension this offseason

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/lamar-jackson-ravens-to-explore-big-extension-in-offseason

You would think this situation would also have to have impact on what happens with Josh Allen.  

Only if the Ravens sign him to a crazy deal.  Then Allen's agent might use it as leverage.  Bills and Allen will sign an extension after the draft. If the BIlls win the SB then it might be a deal like Mahomes.  If not I suspect it will be a shorter deal but with similar money per season.  

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

There's no such thing as completing a rookie contract for a 1st round QB who turns out to be a franchise QB.  They all get big bucks after 3 seasons.  

They all still play under their rookie contracts and even their 5th year option.

They sign "extensions" NOT new contracts.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The big signing bonus is paid in year 4, so the big payday starts after year 3.  

Looking at Mahomes' contract, he got a $10M signing bonus this year, his 4th, and has a cap number of just $5.346M.  It's year 7 when the big cap hits ($40M+) come.

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The big signing bonus is paid in year 4, so the big payday starts after year 3.  

I'm not going to argue with you about semantics.

Deshaun Watson played this year (his 4th year of his rookie contract) for a 9 million cap hit.

He is playing next year for 15 million.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/deshaun-watson-21753/

53 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Only if the Ravens sign him to a crazy deal.  Then Allen's agent might use it as leverage.  Bills and Allen will sign an extension after the draft. If the BIlls win the SB then it might be a deal like Mahomes.  If not I suspect it will be a shorter deal but with similar money per season.  

The buzz is he’d be somewhere in the top 5 salary wise. I would guess Allen will be higher than that regardless. 

Good for you Lamar, you have certainly earned it. People love the guy. Here in Louisville one of the local radio stations became a Baltimore affiliate and broadcast their games every week. Molly Malones (local sports bar) became Ravens central and even renamed themselves The Raven.

And this is three years after he left a basketball state.

1 hour ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

QB and RB salaries aren't really related 🤓

***** fellaters of Jackson on Twitter unironically call Allen a RB, it's wild lol.

*edit*

What the hell, we can straight up say penis but not the ph word that rhymes with callous?

Edited by 1ManRaid

Allen, Jackson, and Mayfield all have earned their money.  They all should be paid at least as much as DeShaun Watson.  I wouldn't give any of them a Mahomes like contract until they win a Super Bowl.  I honestly would take Jackson, Allen, and Mayfield over DeShaun Watson. DeShaun Watson will never win anything in this league. He is the OBJ of quarterbacks.