Frazier a “Serious Candidate” for Texans HC gig.

whatdrought

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Because no team has.  

I'm trying my best not to overreact here because you could be watching something historic in KC.  We all know this.  

The O was disappointing.  But we were on the road.  Big game.  And I think we were banged up too much.  No running back to help out at all.  It's all on Allen and the KC DBs did better then I thought they would.  The scheme stunk but when that scheme needed to expose KC weaknesses requires a good TE and RB to exploit them we didn't have it.  

Josh Jacobs (23 carries 77 yards 2 TDs) and Carr beat KC.  Not Carr by himself.  

I agree with the injuries this year was so bad because usually the number 2 seed gets a bye into the second round we did not have that and after the bye we literally had to go on an 8 game win streak to get this far 13-3 in any other year gets you a bye into the second round.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Look, from a playoff standpoint Frazier did amazing against the Ravens this year. The D hands down won us a game with his gameplan. 

Tonight sucked but people need to get over it. We need a true LB like Mack and a DE. 

The D was not good this year.  They were downright horrible to start the year (maybe the first 6-8 games), played a bit better in the 2nd half, and then dropped 2 steaming piles of crap in the post-season.

But we'll always have Baltimore.

I like Frazier a great person which the NFL needs more like him but if he does happen to leave i would love to see what Schwartz could do with this group of guys on the D side he is a bit more aggressive too which i like I think Dabol would be harder to fill his spot . 

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

I posted this on post game;  I actually dont think the defensive game plan was that bad; make them drive the feild and hope for 3-4 stops the whole game, which is a reasonable goal, and maybe they make a mistake/ turnover. Also stiffen in the RZ and force FGs. Dont get gashed on chunk plays to Hill and contain the running game.

Instead we got 1 stop and 1 turnover, played terrible in the RZ...we able to stave off the chunk plays until the 2nd half, but eventually getting behind made us bring the safties up and got burned.

This was compounded by our offensive failings. Daboll and Mc Ds gameplan and in game management was the far worse offender. 

Check this out: https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/25/buffalo-bills-not-aggressive-in-loss-to-kansas-city-chiefs

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Here is Frazier's, talent 1st round pick at Defensive End, 1st round pick Defensive Tackle, 1st round pick and pro bowl middle Linebacker 1st round pick and pro bowl cornerback. I can go on but look at the talent this guy just can't coach and if you don't believe me check the Vikings fans when they describe Leslie Frazier's, defense.

I think the point is not looking at where guys are drafted but how they actually perform in the nfl.  Their nfl performance is much more relevant than draft position.  

I haven't seen one realistic person that could replace Frazier where we would be better.  The only one that could is Wilks, but he just signed on with Missouri.

Eric Washington who was awful in Carolina would most likely be the replacement.  Be careful what you wish for.

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I posted this on post game;  I actually dont think the defensive game plan was that bad; make them drive the feild and hope for 3-4 stops the whole game, which is a reasonable goal, and maybe they make a mistake/ turnover. Also stiffen in the RZ and force FGs. Dont get gashed on chunk plays to Hill and contain the running game.

Instead we got 1 stop and 1 turnover, played terrible in the RZ...we able to stave off the chunk plays until the 2nd half, but eventually getting behind made us bring the safties up and got burned.

This was compounded by our offensive failings. Daboll and Mc Ds gameplan and in game management was the far worse offender. 

I get it, but disagree. Felt like they played not to lose. Completely gutless showing. 

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

The problem I have with the game plan is that it was a defensive mind plan

The way the game plan was seemed like the bills thought they could or would win a 24 to 17 type of game that we saw last year

The bills offense averaged what 30 pts per game one of the best in the NFL, the game plan that was used was to slow the game down make the chiefs go 10 12 plays and limit possessions. This also eliminates the bills strength as well which has been offense

If the bills wanted to eliminate and slow the game down it should have been done on the offensive side of the ball(think back to classic Brady and the patriots dinking and dunking for 10 minute drives) and on the defensive side should be more risk taking in a game against the chiefs and a high powered offense in which you believe your offense is better or as good

Tldr: if defense had been our strength all year the game plan they used I would have been fine with, it wasn't and it should have been a more offensively based game plan

17 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I get it, but disagree. Felt like they played not to lose. Completely gutless showing. 

I think that defensive gameplan was a gamble, but could we have shut them down? 

They needed to be aggressive on offense...espcially situationally.Thats where we strangely played not to lose. We actually just played dumb. Even the little thing later on, like going for 2...etc...

That FG at the end of the half was case in point. Thats the place you need to take risks. Should have run it on 3rd run Allen ....we have an awesome RZ offense...thats the spot to have faith.

I know you can't do this but three core plays could have changed this game;

The Singletary drop

Going for it on that last 1st half possesion.

The tipped RZ interception

Edited by RichRiderBills

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The problem I have with the game plan is that it was a defensive mind plan

The way the game plan was seemed like the bills thought they could or would win a 24 to 17 type of game that we saw last year

The bills offense averaged what 30 pts per game one of the best in the NFL, the game plan that was used was to slow the game down make the chiefs go 10 12 plays and limit possessions. This also eliminates the bills strength as well which has been offense

If the bills wanted to eliminate and slow the game down it should have been done on the offensive side of the ball(think back to classic Brady and the patriots dinking and dunking for 10 minute drives) and on the defensive side should be more risk taking in a game against the chiefs and a high powered offense in which you believe your offense is better or as good

Tldr: if defense had been our strength all year the game plan they used I would have been fine with, it wasn't and it should have been a more offensively based game plan

See my above post. I agree with you that conservative offense stuff did not match with how it was going on D. That was the dumb part.

3 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I think that defensive gameplan was a gamble, but could we have shut them down? 

They needed to be aggressive on offense...espcially situationally.Thats where we strangely played not to lose. We actually just played dumb. Even the little thing later on, like going for 2...etc...

That FG at the end of the half was case in point. Thats the place you need to take risks. Should have run it on 3rd run Allen ....we have an awesome RZ offense...thats the spot to have faith.

I know you can't do this but three core plays could have changed this game;

The Singletary drop

Going for it on that last 1st half possesion.

The tipped RZ interception

Nothing mattered. They couldn’t stop the Chiefs and they didn’t even try to do anything different to do so. 

Changing one or all of those plays wouldn’t have changed this game to a W. 

Buffalo... coaching staff and personnel both were not ready for the moment of an AFC championship. 

• Like (+1) 2