Frazier a “Serious Candidate” for Texans HC gig.

whatdrought

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The link you've provided in no way supports any ranking of the candidates. So of course I'm curious who's telling us McCown is #1 and Frazier is #2?

• Eyeroll 1

On 1/16/2021 at 3:08 PM, Logic said:

I like Frazier.

I also like third round draft picks 🤔

I don’t know if we would have a trade, but we would get the comp pick.  I thought he has been a good DC, but McD can groom the next guy in ascension.

Noggin, you peaked my interest so I read it and agree.  Besides the article discusses Caldwell as well.  I seriously can’t believe they’re that dysfunctional to hire a HC who has almost no coaching experience.

13 hours ago, boco357 said:

This may be last chance for Frazier to get a HC gig.  I think the situation fits for him, some place like Chicago or Dallas were to open next year, dont think they would look hard at him.

The Bears might do, as he played there, and as a member of a SB winning team, so at the least a 'history' box is checked, and fans are more likely to give him a little time.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know if we would have a trade, but we would get the comp pick.  I thought he has been a good DC, but McD can groom the next guy in ascension.

Noggin, you peaked my interest so I read it and agree.  Besides the article discusses Caldwell as well.  I seriously can’t believe they’re that dysfunctional to hire a HC who has almost no coaching experience.

Do people really think McDermott "groomed" the 61 year old Frazier? I think McDermott will try to hire a replacement who is similarly qualified. 

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Do people really think McDermott "groomed" the 61 year old Frazier? I think McDermott will try to hire a replacement who is similarly qualified. 

Chaos, that’s twisting my words.  Did I say McD groomed Frazier or did I say inferred he hired a good DC as he hired a good OC, and he has developed good coaches overall.  Frazier has a nice resume his whole career and deserves to be seriously considered for a HC position.  MOVING FORWARD, McD who was developed by the great Jimmy Johnson (a defensive guru from Philly) is more than capable of developing the next DC especially if he is coming up internally, or even an up and comer elsewhere.  Does anyone think McD doesn’t already with Beane have a succession plan for both of their coordinators, and their front office staff as it’s likely more guys will get poached (and they should).  That is a sign of a great organization.

Chaos, c’mon, if that was you’re interpretation, you didn’t get the point.  That’s silly to infer I said he developed Frazier.  Really silly.

Anyway, Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Frazier more likely groomed McDermott in people skills.  He is better with press and the defense treat him with respect he deserves.

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Im almost embarrassed I thought the same thing.  I really do like him as our DC, but McD can groom the next one, and the pick in a lean cap year would really help.

The way I look at it- if the league ain’t embarrassed how awkward minority compensation looks, than I ain’t embarrassed...now, pass me some of those draft picks! 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Frazier more likely groomed McDermott in people skills.  He is better with press and the defense treat him with respect he deserves.

Neither groomed the other.  McDermott coached in a Super Bowl.  Frazier has won Super Bowls as a player and as coach.  They just compliment each other and both are high integrity guys.  Personally I think Frazier is a lock to be the head coach of the Texans.  He will have to deal with a quarterback that acts like a baby, but perhaps Watson will grow up with an adult like Frazier teaching him how a leader acts.

I would be better Frazier as well.  Bienemy's got some skeletons in the closet and what that organization needs is a character guy like Frazier.  Plus they have a franchise QB and need help with the defense.

Out of Frazier or Daboll I would rather it be Frazier if one had to leave. He does a fantastic job but McDermott can pitch in on that side of the ball when needed for the new DC.

I would much rather have continuity but if one HAS to get hired that is the one I would choose...

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Out of Frazier or Daboll I would rather it be Frazier if one had to leave. He does a fantastic job but McDermott can pitch in on that side of the ball when needed for the new DC.

I would much rather have continuity but if one HAS to get hired that is the one I would choose...

Same here. By no means do I want to lose Frazier. But if I had to choose either him or Daboll, I’d choose Frazier.

McDermott made his name as a defensive coordinator, and I think we have some really good in house candidates to be DC already - like Eric Washington and John Butler. 

If Frazier is hired I just hope he doesn’t raid the Bills coaching staff to fill his. He has tons of connections around the NFL though. It’s not like he needs to hire Bills coaches. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Same here. By no means do I want to lose Frazier. But if I had to choose either him or Daboll, I’d choose Frazier.

McDermott made his name as a defensive coordinator, and I think we have some really good in house candidates to be DC already - like Eric Washington and John Butler. 

If Frazier is hired I just hope he doesn’t raid the Bills coaching staff to fill his. He has tons of connections around the NFL though. It’s not like he needs to hire Bills coaches. 

Bills don't have to allow anyone to go for a non head coaching position.

• Like (+1) 1