Frazier a “Serious Candidate” for Texans HC gig.

whatdrought

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Frazier is all class man... I hope he gets another shot at HC

Seems like a real solid dude, and definitely embodies the "Humble and Hungry" motto.  The players love him too.  Worst case, we'd get 2 third-round comp picks.

But, that Texans job sounds like a nightmare.  

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Seems like a real solid dude, and definitely embodies the "Humble and Hungry" motto.  The players love him too.  Worst case, we'd get 2 third-round comp picks.

But, that Texans job sounds like a nightmare.  

I'd be happy for Frazier, albeit I don't see Houston as a particularly stable organization.  My other concern is that he'll raid the Bills staff for his assistants.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't really want Frazier to leave in the same sense I don't want Daboll to leave. But I'd be happy if they got HC positions. After Leslie leaves, and maybe Daboll, I really hope McDermott goes for more youth and give some guys their first shot (Dorsey, Chad Hall). I want the Bills to grow their own talent.  I want McDermott to have his own "coaching tree"

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Frazier is all class man... I hope he gets another shot at HC

IMO this is a great sign.  He would be the clam and collected voice to get that team through the chaos.  

I just hope he brings in a good mind at OC

The intent of the rule is to encourage teams to develop minority coaches to become head coaches.

It's difficult to say the best coach isn't getting the job, but not a stretch to say they are not getting the opportunity to be developed to be in position to be the best available coach.

These are not my feelings, its the way I interpreted the rule when it was put in place.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

IMO this is a great sign.  He would be the clam and collected voice to get that team through the chaos.  

I just hope he brings in a good mind at OC

If I am a HC looking at getting a second/last chance at a job I am running far far away from that Houston job. 

16 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I hope Frazier waits for a better opportunity, every player that plays for the Texans walks away with a bad taste. One or two I get it, can't please everyone, all? The ownership has to be atrocious. 

This. It’s not just a “get the right HC and GM in place” sort of situation. Their current ownership and GM are floating hiring Josh effing McCown as their HC. Let somebody else be the guinea pig to right the ship. Just like Buffalo had years of terrible management it wasn’t necessarily just McD who got us hear. Whether fans want to admit it or not Buddy, Gailey, Whaley, and Marrone were all part of the journey of at least getting back to respectability. 

• Like (+1) 1