Sammy Watkins puts (injured) foot in mouth

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2021/1/14/22231670/sammy-watkins-tweet-reply-is-not-a-divisional-round-storyline

Oft injured Samuel Watkins won’t go so far as to say the Chiefs will face competition vs the Browns. The Popular Twitter follow (@King Me) talks the big talk, but doesn’t walk the walk (due to a calf injury). 

First, I hope we play well and win today. 

Second, would love to host the Browns next week to shut King Me’s yap. 

The most over rated WR presently. C ya Sammy. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2021/1/14/22231670/sammy-watkins-tweet-reply-is-not-a-divisional-round-storyline

Oft injured Samuel Watkins won’t go so far as to say the Chiefs will face competition vs the Browns. The Popular Twitter follow (@King Me) talks the big talk, but doesn’t walk the walk (due to a calf injury). 

First, I hope we play well and win today. 

Second, would love to host the Browns next week to shut King Me’s yap. 

The most over rated WR presently. C ya Sammy. 

China doll!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Madbillsfan said:

I don’t understand the hate. He didn’t want to be in Buffalo? Neither did I. So I moved. Do I hate Buffalo? No. 

But ironically fan feelings are just as fragile. 

I certainly wouldn't term it hate on my end but much disappointment at what he gave us versus what we spent on him. A lot of what could have beens attached to that draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Madbillsfan said:

I don’t understand the hate. He didn’t want to be in Buffalo? Neither did I. So I moved. Do I hate Buffalo? No. 

But ironically fan feelings are just as fragile. 

Apparently you missed when he basically gave the finger to the average working person. He also is the 1st player to talk a big game and do nothing in the game and watch his teammates do the job. When a player costs as much in the draft as he did and gives the team nothing "FANS" of that team will probably not like the player.

14 minutes ago, Coastie said:

I certainly wouldn't term it hate on my end but much disappointment at what he gave us versus what we spent on him. A lot of what could have beens attached to that draft pick.

That’s much more Whaley’s fault though. Trading multiple 1sts for a WR in a loaded class should be a fireable offense. 

• Vomit 1

32 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Can’t believe we drafted this guy over Khalil Mack.  Imagine how good we’d be with Mack on D???

Has to go down as one of the most inane draft moves ever made by a Bills GM. It’s not Sammy’s fault  but there was no way then and he has shown not to be a generational talent. That’s what you go after with two first round picks.

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

Apparently you missed when he basically gave the finger to the average working person. He also is the 1st player to talk a big game and do nothing in the game and watch his teammates do the job. When a player costs as much in the draft as he did and gives the team nothing "FANS" of that team will probably not like the player.

Wait, what? You hold athletes in high regard because they make more money than you? 
Also, definitely not the 1st player to talk a big game and not deliver. Matter of fact can you provide a link to the so called big talking. It’s sports, no need to take it personal. 

37 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Can’t believe we drafted this guy over Khalil Mack.  Imagine how good we’d be with Mack on D???

He was supposed to be a game changing WR. If you watch tape from the Clemson days, there's nothing that indicated otherwise. Sometimes things don't pan out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Doesn't he also think the earth is flat?

It has been reported as such, if so he’s an idiot. 

5 minutes ago, Madbillsfan said:

Wait, what? You hold athletes in high regard because they make more money than you? 
Also, definitely not the 1st player to talk a big game and not deliver. Matter of fact can you provide a link to the so called big talking. It’s sports, no need to take it personal. 

He said everyone that isn't a millionaire is basically beneath him. I didn't take anything personal. I don't like the player because he sucks plain and simple. I didn't like EJ either. As a fan i want to win and if you aren't helping the team do that. I'm not a fan of you. Imagine Yeldon tweeting other teams how we are better than them lol that's Sammy

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Or WR Mike Evans!

Right after the first round there was chatter that the Bills were still looking to draft a big, tall red zone target.:doh:

There are 16 NFL players from that 2014 NFL draft from the first round drafted after Watkins that have all made a pro bowl roster...Watkins never has. Best decoy in the league.