1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff Bills vs. Ravens Second Half Thread

Just now, DuckyBoys said:

you dont throw bombs in the wind  Even if you have a bazooka for an arm  Low % play becomes very low %  Daboll needs to get creative  We've seen zero pop from his play calling this game 

The high % stuff is there, take what the D gives you.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

The wind clearly won the first half.  You can try to blame the game plan/playcalling, but the Ravens struggled as well.  It's going to come down to a turnover or special teams play, imo.

Pretty obvi to MOST posters - that bomb from Josh took a hard right.  JOsH CAn't THroW...

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

This has always been my biggest complaint with Daboll. You can’t argue with his results this season, but sometimes he sticks with things that aren’t working far too long. It felt like we were trying to do the same thing on offense the entire first half, and got nowhere with it. 

Yup.  I like his offense for the most part, but trying to get him to stray from the game plan when it isn't working is frustrating.  He's stubborn and believes that what he schemed up all week will work eventually.  Sometimes, he's right.  But more often than not, he needs to be a little more flexible.   Hoping he and Allen can work together to find a way to get a TD for us early in the half. 

Heck, just picking up some 3rd downs may help take some pressure off the offense.  They are playing a bit tight.  They need to loosen up a bit.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

I need to know if those long passes are called by Daboll. If so, good riddance. If not, josh needs to just tuck it and run before throwing the ball 5 yards passed his guy. 

On two of them it was definitely not the first read. I think it is just where the open guys are - downfield.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I only recall Beasely being targeted a single time!  

Throw him the ball!  He likes to catch it!  He's good at that!

He does nothing but catch footballs. 3rd and 6? Throw it for 300000 yards. 

how about Beas for 7? 

WTF. 

Honestly to be in this situation is embarrassing as a franchise. You have what is a SB caliber team and just because your rookie RB goes down there is no contingency plan. Really? All your eggs were in the Moss/ Singletary basket. 2 rushes in the half on a day where running the ball for balance in crucial. Josh has to be sharp and mistake proof if he's going to score with no running game to lean on. That's a lot to ask. D is playing lights out and the O is not putting this game away.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1