Ravens Emotional Letdown

Paul Costa

I feel one of the biggest story lines has not been talked about this week about the game. Last week Baltimore had a very emotional win. You could see it at the end of the game. Tennessee knocked them out of the playoffs last year. They wanted revenge and got that opportunity earlier in the year and failed. And to make matters worse Tennessee celebrated all over their logo. Those poor Ravens 😭.But they got another opportunity last week and succeeded. And Lamar finally won a playoff game. Baltimore is happy 😃!!!! Baltimore did a great job containing Derrick Henry last week. But it came with a physical cost. The game was a hard fought physical battle. You don’t see it on the injury report but you will see it in the game tonight. Add one less day of rest and preparation and your going to see a Bills team running through this Ravens team like a hot knife through butter. You might not see it from the jump but you will see it in the final result of the game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

I feel one of the biggest story lines has not been talked about this week about the game. Last week Baltimore had a very emotional win. You could see it at the end of the game. Tennessee knocked them out of the playoffs last year. They wanted revenge and got that opportunity earlier in the year and failed. And to make matters worse Tennessee celebrated all over their logo. Those poor Ravens 😭.But they got another opportunity last week and succeeded. And Lamar finally won a playoff game. Baltimore is happy 😃!!!! Baltimore did a great job containing Derrick Henry last week. But it came with a physical cost. The game was a hard fought physical battle. You don’t see it on the injury report but you will see it in the game tonight. Add one less day of rest and preparation and your going to see a Bills team running through this Ravens team like a hot knife through butter. You might not see it from the jump but you will see it in the final result of the game. 

We finally won a playoff game too. Josh shook off the demons that he had from the meltdown in Houston last year. That could all easily apply to us.

• Like (+1) 5

This is the playoffs and I put much less stock in this sort of story. This game will come down to how well the Bills D can handle a premier run game. Remember that Indy almost beat us through field position and clock control. I know if Josh gets hot the dynamics get altered but, if the O is sitting on the bench waiting to play this could be a heartbreaker for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

more wishful thinking, a lot of that going on this week. Lamar can't run in the snow, letdown, Bills weather.... none of that matters.  But this is the most ridiculous one. A team having an emotional letdown going into a playoff game is absurd.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills won first playoff game in 25 years. The Ravens have two SB wins during that span.  Which team do you think would be more likely to have an emotional let down? 

Neither team. It comes down to who plays better. 

I thought about this too.  But the same could be said about Cleveland, Buffalo and Baltimore..  Good coaches will keep their players focused.  I think each of these teams have good coaches and good QBs.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills won first playoff game in 25 years. The Ravens have two SB wins during that span.  Which team do you think would be more likely to have an emotional let down? 

What does a Ravens championship 12 years ago have to do with this Ravens team. People say the dumbest things sometimes.

Edited by Protocal69

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Well them. The whole mid field shenanigans seemed to be a big deal against an annoying coach and rival. 

40 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

You're welcome to your opinion as long as the Bills don't share it. 

This is going to be a hard-fought game.  If the Bills bring their A game on both sides the ball and ST, we can win.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

You're putting too much emphasis on psychology, "momentum", and that sort of thing.

Put more emphasis on raw Xs an Os, execution, talent, and the matchups created by Baltimore vs. Buffalo.

Those will decide the game, not who is coming off a big win.

Edited by Nextmanup

Comes down to being prepared.

Pittsburgh admittedly was NOT prepared last werk

reich had a great game plan but buffalo had a better counter punch and knocked them out

same with Baltimore last week

tennessee had them where they wanted them - then Baltimore made an adjustment and never looked back

preparation and coaching 

I like us better because I feel McDermott is better than harbaugh 

I feel daboll is way better than their defensive coordinstor

i feel Greg Roman hasn’t changed and is going to be vanilla and choke .   Never liked him and his style 

I guess you can say every close playoff game is emotional. I guess both LJ and JA17 got their first playoff wins. But what I’m trying to say is the emotional win for the Ravens beating their “ new” rival was much more draining than the Bills win. I actually heard their play by play guy say this eeek that the Titans are their biggest rival. Had to laugh as they were swept by the Steelers this year. No bills coaches or players were around in 1995. And the extra day coupled with the Ravens emotional win will take its toll in the end. And for a cherry 🍒 on top they have to travel. Obviously a short trip but another trip all the same. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills have 4 SB appearances over the past 30 years and the Ravens only have 2.  Which team do you think would be more likely to have an emotional let down....I don’t understand your point.