Baltimore's Defence - As good as advertised?

13 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'm not saying he won't be on the team but notice you didn't mention he's a good runner when speaking of well a....RB

He gets hit in the backfield a lot. Not many would be good runners in those situations. But his career YPC is 4.8...let us not pretend it's like 3.3 or something.

Bills RB main focus isn't running the ball so yes that is why I didn't bring it up.

16 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Well, if that helps makes Bills fans feel more positive about tonights game, got no problem with that.

They shut down a high scoring Titans offense and Henry. That was impressive.

And I said, Tennessee just kept running Henry last week figuring he'd eventually break one, like their first game, where actually Baltimore held him in check for 3 quarters (only 44 yards).   They refused to abandon it & it cost them.

We have no Henry, so not a concern.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Look we know "Any given Sunday" (or in this case Saturday night).

Also Baltimore has had a very good run (aided by a weak schedule) down the stretch and are now everyone's upset darling after a very good win and great defensive performance, but look a little closer.

The Ravens played the following ranked Offenses this Year (and some quick comments)

1. KC - Lit them up

3. Tennessee - Certainly scored their first meeting and then ran Henry into a brick wall last week

10. Indy - Held them in check

13. Houston - 275 passing Watson

14. Dallas (no Dak) - Dalton 277

16. Cleveland x2 - Held them opening day, 355 & 42 points in the wild second game

24. Philly - 177

25. Pitt - Good first game, 277 passing second game

29. Cin x 2 (Burrow out the second game) - Beat them up twice

30. Wash - Haskins threw for 314

31. NYG - Moved the ball but Jones immobile

Yep their D should look good....

As I keep saying, hope for good weather.

Everyone is touting the Rams defense right now.  Allen sliced and diced them pretty good.  Top scoring defense in the NFL (Miami) was no match.  I'm definitely concerned about tonight's game, but this offense has been spectacular.  Let's see some more magic today!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Well, if that helps makes Bills fans feel more positive about tonights game, got no problem with that.

They shut down a high scoring Titans offense and Henry. That was impressive.

Tennessee's offense goes the way their running game goes. Tannehill is never going to beat you by just throwing the ball. They need their running game to be effective. Bills and Allen have no such issues. That is why we should feel good.

We shouldn't be scared of them. They should be scared of us.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Their D is good but not great. the best offense they played late was Cleveland and the Browns moved the ball at will. (but so did Lamar).

The winds tonight say 12-20mph gusting to 35.  that hurts Buffalo more than the Ravens D. 

I'd say they fall right between good and great, at just about very good. The problem isn't so much talent, though, as matchups. They match up with us very well. Very good CBs, and a lot of pressure. They can stop the run without loading the box.

They tend towards man-to-man, which is good and bad for us. We've torn up man-to-man Ds in the air (partly because so few have such good CBs) but it's generally a good matchup for our air attack, but will likely mean Allen will be able to do some running if he wants, assuming he can break the pocket.

Edited by Thurman#1

54 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Top 8 or better in total yards, passing yards, rushing yards and points allowed per game average.

Yeah, they're as good as advertised, maybe even better.

Well, can't deny that, but when you look at who they played, it is not as impressive. Nonetheless, they are good, but not impenetrable. I am confident the Bills can score on them. I believe if we get 25 or more, we win.

Edited by CSBill

7 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Well, can't deny that, but when you look at who they played, it is not as impressive. Nonetheless, they are good, but impenetrable. I am confident the Bills can score on them. I believe of we get 25 or more, we win.

And when was the last time the Bills didn't do that?  

24 vs. NE when they threw only 18 times and played into NE's hands.

Last team to hold then in check was actually the LAC, but again Allen threw only 24 times (75% completion %).

Pitt was a tough first 20 minutes granted.

I also remember how Denver & SF were going to slow them down too....

Edited by Billsfan1972

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Tennessee's offense goes the way their running game goes. Tannehill is never going to beat you by just throwing the ball. They need their running game to be effective. Bills and Allen have no such issues. That is why we should feel good.

We shouldn't be scared of them. They should be scared of us.

I think we need to run effectively enough for play action to be a factor. 

17 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Everyone is touting the Rams defense right now.  Allen sliced and diced them pretty good.  Top scoring defense in the NFL (Miami) was no match.  I'm definitely concerned about tonight's game, but this offense has been spectacular.  Let's see some more magic today!

The Rams D was not playing that well early in the year. We played them in week 3, and they allowed more than 350 yards each of the first three weeks, a team that allowed 300 yards only three more times all season. And except for us those were some poor offenses, the Cowboys and Eagles.

We certainly did play well against them, though. More yards than anyone else all year, but they did get two turnovers against us.

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And when was the last time the Bills didn't do that?  

24 vs. NE when they threw only 18 times and played into NE's hands.

Last team to hold then in check was actually the LAC, but again Allen threw only 24 times (75% completion %).

Pitt was a tough first 20 minutes granted.

I also remember how Denver & SF were going to slow them down too....

Both the NE & Chargers games were also played in very windy conditions.

55 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I hope the refs call their grabbiness in pass coverage. And, if they do watch Harbaugh whine, whine, whine and his secondary will join him. Painful to watch refs respond to him.

Haurbaugh is "that" coach that makes one root against a team solely because of the coach.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The Rams D was not playing that well early in the year. We played them in week 3, and they allowed more than 350 yards each of the first three weeks, a team that allowed 300 yards only three more times all season. And except for us those were some poor offenses, the Cowboys and Eagles.

We certainly did play well against them, though. More yards than anyone else all year, but they did get two turnovers against us.

Dallas was putting up record offensive #'s the first few weeks (and allowing them on D too).....

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Look we know "Any given Sunday" (or in this case Saturday night).

Also Baltimore has had a very good run (aided by a weak schedule) down the stretch and are now everyone's upset darling after a very good win and great defensive performance, but look a little closer.

The Ravens played the following ranked Offenses this Year (and some quick comments)

1. KC - Lit them up

3. Tennessee - Certainly scored their first meeting and then ran Henry into a brick wall last week

10. Indy - Held them in check

13. Houston - 275 passing Watson

14. Dallas (no Dak) - Dalton 277

16. Cleveland x2 - Held them opening day, 355 & 42 points in the wild second game

24. Philly - 177

25. Pitt - Good first game, 277 passing second game

29. Cin x 2 (Burrow out the second game) - Beat them up twice

30. Wash - Haskins threw for 314

31. NYG - Moved the ball but Jones immobile

Yep their D should look good....

As I keep saying, hope for good weather.

You couldn't make less accurate analysis with a Mad Libs card.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You couldn't make less accurate analysis with a Mad Libs card.

Huh????  Again please explain?  I pointed out their schedule and teams offensive ranks based on yards and made quick comments.

Then stated that vs. that competition, they should look good.

Too hard to understand?

Edited by Billsfan1972

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Huh????  Again please explain?  I pointed out their schedule and teams offensive ranks based on yards and made quick comments.

Then stated that vs. that competition, they should look good.

Too hard to understand?

Yeah calling Daniel Jones immobile is like calling Josh Allen a statue. It was bad analysis.

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

This why i would have Williams active for this game,  Singletary is not explosive enough.  Williams has both speed and size advantage over Singletary who i would not be surprised is not even on this team next season.  Having said that i would not be surprised Williams is not active knowing Sean

So Singletary won’t be on the team ? I expect he gets 75% of the RB snaps with Yeldon the rest. If wind is reasonable Bills run a lot of 4 wides. Williams did a nice job against the Dolphins 🐬 who quit on the coach of the year. Singletary will play well and be back next year.