Missed opportunity for us fans by Pegulas.

npeartisgod

I don't know about others, but there's no way I could watch a 3-hour Bills game confined to a car. I need to pace around like a crazy man jacked on amphetamines.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, npeartisgod said:

I feel that they missed a huge opportunity to serve the community for the AFC divisional playoff game. And for that matter, the successful Wild Card game.

How hard would it have been to rent inflatable screens and sound systems and place them around the stadium, charge $30-$50 per car and allow fans to come park and watch the games outside the stadium? Please don’t come back at me with, “it was the Governor.” Such drive ins have been held all over the state during Covid.

No need for concessions, only security to ensure that people did not gather in groups. We would’ve all been able to enjoy the game in an atmosphere of fun. I know they have a wonderful marketing department, and I question why a 52-year-old attorney came up with this idea in about four minutes, and Pegula entertainment couldn’t come up with it in a week’s time. Go Bills.

You forgot to mention that being an attorney you would expect Pegula Entertainment to give you 35 % of the proceeds as your fee for services rendered. But, they wouldn't have to pay you a dime until you "win". 

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

Not sure how feasible this would have been, but think about how cool it would have been to have the cascading sound of thousands of cars honking/cheering from the parking lot drifting into the stadium for big plays

Yes you are correct. Lord Cuomo has allowed 6700 fans and no tailgating. The Pegs must feel so stupid. 

Is,this thread,locked yet 

Winey 

Let's go over the rules

1) no tailgating

2) you have to sit in a car in the cold and not have anywhere to pee

3) can't drink because you have to drive home

4) ecc lot is owned by the county which is run by the zar Cuomo

5) they had 6 days to prepare

What have other posters said 

Living room heated

Bathroom heated

Liquor 😋

Food delivered to your door 

What else could you want

There might be a reason they are worth 4 billion and the op is not

Edited by scuba guy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Back in 1988 when I 1st moved to Albany and I hadn't yet heard of satellite bars I used to drive halfway to 2/3 to Utica and watch the game in my car on a small black & white TV for games that weren't on in Albany.  I did this for a total of 3 games.  The 1st 2 were 1 PM games so I parked in a rest stop on Rt 20.  The 3rd game was in Seattle & was a 4 PM game played mostly after it got dark in NYS.  I went to a well lit Thruway rest stop 66 miles from where I lived & watched the game there.  The best part was I was able to go in & get dinner there.  The next year I found out I could go to bars & watch the games not on home TV.  By then I was going to most of the home games anyway.  

Overall, the experience of sitting in my car & watching a game, even if it could be in a parking lot with big screens, especially in winter, is something I never want to do again.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, npeartisgod said:

I feel that they missed a huge opportunity to serve the community for the AFC divisional playoff game. And for that matter, the successful Wild Card game.

How hard would it have been to rent inflatable screens and sound systems and place them around the stadium, charge $30-$50 per car and allow fans to come park and watch the games outside the stadium? Please don’t come back at me with, “it was the Governor.” Such drive ins have been held all over the state during Covid.

No need for concessions, only security to ensure that people did not gather in groups. We would’ve all been able to enjoy the game in an atmosphere of fun. I know they have a wonderful marketing department, and I question why a 52-year-old attorney came up with this idea in about four minutes, and Pegula entertainment couldn’t come up with it in a week’s time. Go Bills.

Are any other teams in the playoffs doing this?  

The answer is NO.

7 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I've never met a Rush fan who wasn't a giant whiner.

Come on man, Anniversary of Neil’s death is a little over a week past...

4 hours ago, LittleSammy said:

You forgot to mention that being an attorney you would expect Pegula Entertainment to give you 35 % of the proceeds as your fee for services rendered. But, they wouldn't have to pay you a dime until you "win". 

Nice. 

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Are any other teams in the playoffs doing this?  

The answer is NO.

Any other teams (Chiefs) been letting a ton of people inside for a while? Yes. 

2 minutes ago, npeartisgod said:

Any other teams (Chiefs) been letting a ton of people inside for a while? Yes. 

Yes in the stands.  My question was in regards to your question.

Are the Chiefs setting up screens in the Parking Lots so fans can watch the games?

I have not heard anything about that!

8 hours ago, npeartisgod said:

He can’t NO ONE is allowed in the parking lot due to social distancing. That would totally defeat the purpose. 

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

you fargin icehole. Ok I’ll take a 6 pack.  You bastages, better make it two.

Teef, my motha grabbed me once, once.  ( As an aside the actor is a huge Bills fan from the 716)

I love Johnny dangerously!