Missed opportunity for us fans by Pegulas.

npeartisgod

I feel that they missed a huge opportunity to serve the community for the AFC divisional playoff game. And for that matter, the successful Wild Card game.

How hard would it have been to rent inflatable screens and sound systems and place them around the stadium, charge $30-$50 per car and allow fans to come park and watch the games outside the stadium? Please don’t come back at me with, “it was the Governor.” Such drive ins have been held all over the state during Covid.

No need for concessions, only security to ensure that people did not gather in groups. We would’ve all been able to enjoy the game in an atmosphere of fun. I know they have a wonderful marketing department, and I question why a 52-year-old attorney came up with this idea in about four minutes, and Pegula entertainment couldn’t come up with it in a week’s time. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, npeartisgod said:

I feel that they missed a huge opportunity to serve the community for the AFC divisional playoff game. And for that matter, the successful Wild Card game.

How hard would it have been to rent inflatable screens and sound systems and place them around the stadium, charge $30-$50 per car and allow fans to come park and watch the games outside the stadium? Please don’t come back at me with, “it was the Governor.” Such drive ins have been held all over the state during Covid.

No need for concessions, only security to ensure that people did not gather in groups. We would’ve all been able to enjoy the game in an atmosphere of fun. I know they have a wonderful marketing department, and I question why a 52-year-old attorney came up with this idea in about four minutes, and Pegula entertainment couldn’t come up with it in a week’s time. Go Bills.

Because you’re so smart and they’re so dumb?  

you’ll get over it.  I promise 

• Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not a bad idea, Npeartisgod. I think they were so focused on making sure the in-stadium thing went well, there was no room for this type of discussion/idea. Had the stadium opened mid-season or some time earlier, maybe this? .... Also, if the stars align and Bills miraculously end up hosting the AFC championship, maybe something like this? But I would not count on it. I like your spirit.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Because you’re so smart and they’re so dumb?  

you’ll get over it.  I promise 

That’s pretty much where I landed, except I’m not that bright. Would have been nice is all. And absolutely doable. I’m already over it, thanks. Smoking ribs and wings at home. No other choice.

• Like (+1) 1

No need to rake the Pegulas over the coals. If you want that experience you can have it at the Transit Drive-In in Lockport. I much prefer sitting in my spacious living room and watching on my 55-inch 4K HDTV, but to each his own. 

https://www.radio.com/wben/news/local/transit-drive-in-to-host-bills-playoff-game

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, npeartisgod said:

That’s pretty much where I landed, except I’m not that bright. Would have been nice is all. And absolutely doable. I’m already over it, thanks. Smoking ribs and wings at home. No other choice.

Sounds much better than sitting in your car in sub freezing temperatures, not being able to get out of your car and pace around like we all do.  And you can have nice hot smoked bbq instead of the luke warm food that you cooked hours before 

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure how feasible this would have been, but think about how cool it would have been to have the cascading sound of thousands of cars honking/cheering from the parking lot drifting into the stadium for big plays

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

No need to rake the Pegulas over the coals. If you want that experience you can have it at the Transit Drive-In in Lockport. I much prefer sitting in my spacious living room and watching on my 55-inch 4K HDTV, but to each his own. 

Love me some Pegulas. I blame marketing. And don’t you think the players wouldn’t hear thousands of horns honking outside the stadium? They know we’re the best fans in football, I just want every and any advantage given to us at this point. It’s been a looong time coming.

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

One of the ways the pegulas got fans in the stands was selling no tailgating to the state

Your idea is tailgating

No, my idea is a drive-in. They’ve been done all over the state since Covid. I get the tailgating idea, but again, no concessions, just pay security to walk the lots and break up groups. Would’ve been a hell of an atmosphere. It also sucks that Cuomo chose to close at 10pm. I like the guy’s work on Covid (at least he paid attention) but he should’ve let us drive over to BFLO and watch.

12 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

https://www.radio.com/wben/news/local/transit-drive-in-to-host-bills-playoff-game

Chevy, couldn’t agree more.  It is very difficult for me to slam the Pegulas for anything given what they did for Buffalo and I haven’t lived there for half of my life.  I love the city I grew up in through college, and they singlehandedly along with Ralph.

• Thank you (+1) 1

To the OP

Poor you,  now you’re gonna have to eat your smoked ribs in your own home with your family, and watch the game in HD,  first world not really a problem problem... 

cause you have no choice... you are so put upon... 😂

Go Bills!!!

Personally I would rather sit on my comfortable couch with pizza in one hand and a beer in the other. In your scenario I can see people being stupid getting out of their car and not social distancing etc. Why would a multi billionaire want to be liable for that? Geeezzzz

Edited by ALLEN1QB

Would be impossible to enforce social distancing. How are you not going get out of your car and hug & high 5 every single fan after a big play? Not going to happen. 6k spread our in the stadium is a lot easier to control then 2k in a parking lot. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, npeartisgod said:

Love me some Pegulas. I blame marketing. And don’t you think the players wouldn’t hear thousands of horns honking outside the stadium? They know we’re the best fans in football, I just want every and any advantage given to us at this point. It’s been a looong time coming.

No, my idea is a drive-in. They’ve been done all over the state since Covid. I get the tailgating idea, but again, no concessions, just pay security to walk the lots and break up groups. Would’ve been a hell of an atmosphere. It also sucks that Cuomo chose to close at 10pm. I like the guy’s work on Covid (at least he paid attention) but he should’ve let us drive over to BFLO and watch.

A drive-in at the stadium is a tailgate.  You have to anticipate to the lowest common denominator, meaning people WILL be knuckleheads, drink, and unacceptably congregate.  The result being no fans allowed at the AFC championship game. 

The Pegulas were wise not to go there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1