1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff Bills vs. Ravens PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

37 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

My stomach is tore up already.  I have never been as nervous or emotional before a game that I can remember.  Barely slept last night, threw up at 2am, woke up drinking pepto bismol to prepare my stomach for what is to come.  No way I can make it through this sober.

So happy that this is not a Josh Allen tweet.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

I think it hurts Baltimore more than us ...

100% agree.  Yes, the Ravens have the better running game - but it's not like they can abandon throwing.

I'll take Josh's arm over Jackson's in the wind every day, all day.  

And if the Bills get any kind of lead going?  HUGE advantage for Buffalo...

After digesting all the articles and videos and analysis all week, thinking long and hard about this matchup, and now seeing that weather won’t be an issue...

Bills 34, Ravens 26

Big day for Motor Singletary and big day for Allen.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

I hope that wind knocks the ball out of their arms while running all day.

I disagree with the thought that a windy evening hurts the ravens more than us, but it does allow us to completely sell out to stop the run.  Now, will we sell out to stop the run?  No clue, but it could help us as well if we do. 

14 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

My hope for today: 

Live or die by the aggressive passing game. I don’t care if they lose and go down in a blaze of glory, but I swear if I have to watch this team run TJ Yeldon up the gut to a loss, I’ll freaking lose it. 

3 runs in a row on that one 3 & out last week was like deja vu back to the "old days."

We are who we are.  I hope we don't see any more of that, at all.  Just go for it.

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Didn’t Jim Kelly used to throw up before every game? 

Yes he did. He had a Friday to Sunday tradition with a bunch of players also. 

Not that the tradition carried that long for the other players but he did, including coffee with frank at a specific table at a restaurant that they took with them on away games during the playoffs. 

Edited by The Wiz

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

After digesting all the articles and videos and analysis all week, thinking long and hard about this matchup, and now seeing that weather won’t be an issue...

Bills 34, Ravens 26

Big day for Motor Singletary and big day for Allen.

image.png.d140468304874fc160b5d9efb03106a5.png

where are we getting that wind won’t be an issue.  I’ve just looked at a handful of sites and each of them had the wind being minimum 15, maximum 25 with gusts up to 40mph.  

im in Vegas, using the interweebs to keep me updated.  Is it not supposed to be windy 

7 minutes ago, Success said:

3 runs in a row on that one 3 & out last week was like deja vu back to the "old days."

We are who we are.  I hope we don't see any more of that, at all.  Just go for it.

And each run was right at Deforest Buckner and behind Boettger

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

where are we getting that wind won’t be an issue.  I’ve just looked at a handful of sites and each of them had the wind being minimum 15, maximum 25 with gusts up to 40mph.  

im in Vegas, using the interweebs to keep me updated.  Is it not supposed to be windy 

If you are watching the NFL Network pregame shows, the on field reporter at Bills Stadium has her hair blowing around.  The flags are definitely moving.  Its windy there already.

Just now, NewEra said:

I was more worried about precipitation, to be honest. 

For whatever reason, the wind doesn’t scare me like wet, soggy conditions do. Allen should still be able to grip the ball well.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I was more worried about precipitation, to be honest. 

For whatever reason, the wind doesn’t scare me like wet, soggy conditions do. Allen should still be able to grip the ball well.

I’m not worried about precipitation.  

for a team that makes it living throwing the ball downfield. Wind is the true devil.  Josh says he prefers to throw in snow.  Rain, on the other hand, could really suck for the WRs, but wind could be detrimental to a team looking to beat the 0 blitz all game

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not sure why but for the past 15 years or so...I just despise the Ravens. They always seem like such punks and are rarely as good as they are credited. I absolutely hate them. I’m very excited for this game and i know it will be tough. The Bills are the better team, they are at home, it’s been an amazing season. If Josh plays the way he has all year, we are going to be tough to beat. I feel like the Ravens respect is starting to go a little to far nationally. If the Bills can get ahead, I don’t fear Lamar as a passer. Go out there and just keep putting the work in. Let Lamar get all the credit, we know what Josh is. Go out and just bludgeon these guys. Go Bills!!

I fondly remember them knocking the Pats* out of the playoffs one year

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m not worried about precipitation.  

for a team that makes it living throwing the ball downfield. Wind is the true devil.  Josh says he prefers to throw in snow.  Rain, on the other hand, could really suck for the WRs, but wind could be detrimental to a team looking to beat the 0 blitz all game

Yeah - for all the people saying wind won't be an issue bc of Josh's strong arm - on long balls it doesn't make any difference how strong your arm is - once it's way up in the air it's going to get blown all over the place.   Will make us much less multi-dimensinal if the long ball is taken away by the weather.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Yeah - for all the people saying wind won't be an issue bc of Josh's strong arm - on long balls it doesn't make any difference how strong your arm is - once it's way up in the air it's going to get blown all over the place.   Will make us much less multi-dimensinal if the long ball is taken away by the weather.

yeah it’ll affect the shot plays where you need to loft a rainbow over the DB’s head if the receiver gets a step. That’s just one of Allen’s ‘deep’ balls though. People forget he can basically throw 30-40 yard lasers on a rope down the field with pretty flat trajectory. Those will be just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Not really because the Ravens still need to worry about him launching it. They can’t assume he will be scared off by the wind. And that opens up other parts of the field 

• Like (+1) 1