1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff Bills vs. Ravens PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

NFL network reporters just said ravens locker room talk is they are going to treat josh like a RB.  

Irv thinks that’s code for they are going to try to take his head off... 

Hmm..  Josh is going to win another Angry Run segment this week.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

Yeah you’re right because it’s not like Josh has had success against the blitz all year, something like best in the league...we should definitely worry about the one bad play 

Where did I say worry?  That's you, not me.

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

We’ll see early how prepared Allen and the offense is.  They know what’s coming(pressure and lots of it).  Better have a good plan for it or it’s going to be a long night.  

It's all going to be on Josh's shoulders.  But it already was anyway!

Does anyone know the record page count for a pre-game thread?

I'm thinking this one beats the standing record, by a bunch.

👍

Edited by Nextmanup

I’m not sure why but for the past 15 years or so...I just despise the Ravens. They always seem like such punks and are rarely as good as they are credited. I absolutely hate them. I’m very excited for this game and i know it will be tough. The Bills are the better team, they are at home, it’s been an amazing season. If Josh plays the way he has all year, we are going to be tough to beat. I feel like the Ravens respect is starting to go a little to far nationally. If the Bills can get ahead, I don’t fear Lamar as a passer. Go out there and just keep putting the work in. Let Lamar get all the credit, we know what Josh is. Go out and just bludgeon these guys. Go Bills!!

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Where did I say worry?  That's you, not me.

Bro, I pointed out all the good that he does against the blitz, how am I worried? You’re the one who called out the bad play that happened, not me. I can’t wait for them to blitz him tonight, you’re hoping it doesn’t happen 

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not sure why but for the past 15 years or so...I just despise the Ravens. They always seem like such punks and are rarely as good as they are credited. I absolutely hate them. I’m very excited for this game and i know it will be tough. The Bills are the better team, they are at home, it’s been an amazing season. If Josh plays the way he has all year, we are going to be tough to beat. I feel like the Ravens respect is starting to go a little to far nationally. If the Bills can get ahead, I don’t fear Lamar as a passer. Go out there and just keep putting the work in. Let Lamar get all the credit, we know what Josh is. Go out and just bludgeon these guys. Go Bills!!

For me its the coach and his sideline interactions with officials. He's the worse whiner this side of Jim Boeheim.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I know why I don't like them.  It goes back to their creation.  Art Modell sat on the expansion committee.  He made sure that new franchises were sent to Carolina and Jacksonville even though Baltimore had a far superior package.  He then uprooted the Browns who were very successful in Cleveland.  He met the governor of Maryland on his private plane at BWI airport.  He left with the deal to move Cleveland to Baltimore.  

• Like (+1) 2

What the Ravens are doing with Mark Ingram seems really stupid to me. Surely a guy who ran for 10 TDs last year at 5.0 YPC isn't just instantly garbage this year.|

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ravens-plan-part-ways-mark-163708248.html

Seem like they're so worried about the future, they're willing to sacrifice the now. Good for us, I guess.

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Ray Lewis perhaps? 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

NFL network reporters just said ravens locker room talk is they are going to treat josh like a RB.  

Not a bad strategy. But it goes both ways. If I were a DC, I’d make it a point to key on LJ on every read option and hit him, regardless. Yes, that may leave you vulnerable to a big play when he decides to hand off at the mesh point, but he’s gonna take a shot regardless. Every. Time. The season after Colin Kaepernick led the Niners to the SB, DCs did just that and the impact was immediate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, major said:

I’m late to this so forgive me if asked already. Do any of you feel we will rely on run game tonight to throw them off? And I’m not talking about Allen being primary running threat

I don’t think they Will rely on it but I think the looks will be there to run it 

40 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Take out Lamar. Shouldn’t be difficult. 

1 hour ago, wvbillsfan said:

Cro what’s up with Marcus Peters? Seems like he will play. Has he been injured all year? New injury?

Nothing serious. Some back spasms I believe. Not related to his earlier ankle injury. My best guess is the Ravens limited his practice to err on the side of caution and he will be close to 100% tonight. 

33 minutes ago, major said:

I’m late to this so forgive me if asked already. Do any of you feel we will rely on run game tonight to throw them off? And I’m not talking about Allen being primary running threat

I really hope that Daboll isn't in brainfart let me be smarter mode today.  Do what brought us here and let Allen loose.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Not a bad strategy. But it goes both ways. If I were a DC, I’d make it a point to key on LJ on every read option and hit him, regardless. Yes, that may leave you vulnerable to a big play when he decides to hand off at the mesh point, but he’s gonna take a shot regardless. Every. Time. The season after Colin Kaepernick led the Niners to the SB, DCs did just that and the impact was immediate. 

I’m a big Rutgers fan. Years ago when Schiano was here for the first time, we played a lot of triple option teams. His strategy was the same. Always hit the QB. On every play. 
Worked wonders. 

40 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

hope Mongo has something to say about that 

if they wanna take him out the game we can do the same to Lamar. 

No we can’t and we won’t.  McD runs the locker room.  He would never allow it

39 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Last weeks Colts game the refs called a combined 4 penalties for a total of 17 yards. 2 for 10 on the colts and 2 for 7 on the Bills. I loved how that game was called. This week will probably be completely different. But as long as it is fair for both teams I'll be good with it. Allen has been a roughing the passer magnet throughout his career. Just hope he is careful running the ball today.

Agreed.  The refs were great last week minus the obvious gaffe.  They threw 3 flags on us, the Offside on Milano on a 3rd down was declined