1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff Bills vs. Ravens PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Glad you enjoyed your time here. Born and raised in Louisville, went to U of L, absolutely no way I pull for Lamar this week and hope I don't have a chance to pull for him next week. Here is to a great game 🍺 and everyone walking away healthy.

Hard hits? Yes. Injuries? No. 

Louisville. Also Johnny U’s alma mater! 

dang it, the wind looks to be worse than i thought. 15-20 with gusts to 35.

That really messes with the Bills downfield passing game.

I recall a windy game last season vs Philadelphia.  Carson Wentz handled it so much better than Josh.  Lots of accurate short passes to RBs and the TE.  
It’s unlikely to complete long downfield passes in those conditions unless there’s a moment when the wind subsides.

Just now, The Wiz said:

GTFO! 

Just kidding. I think Bills and ravens fans alike can agree, whoever wins, beat the chiefs. 

Or the Browns lol. Trust me, if the Bills are due, so are the Browns! I don’t see it, but then again, who foresaw that debacle last week in Pittsburgh? That’s why you play the game! 

Just now, Crow-Magnon said:

Or the Browns lol. Trust me, if the Bills are due, so are the Browns! I don’t see it, but then again, who foresaw that debacle last week in Pittsburgh? That’s why you play the game! 

Man if it turns out to be a browns/bills afc championship game then we will know that hell has frozen over.

I can only imagine how many of the Steelers fans were going crazy and complaining about resting their starters in week 17 because it looked like most of the players took a comped trip to Vegas for the week before the game.

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I recall a windy game last season vs Philadelphia.  Carson Wentz handled it so much better than Josh.  Lots of accurate short passes to RBs and the TE.  
It’s unlikely to complete long downfield passes in those conditions unless there’s a moment when the wind subsides.

Yeah.  Really unfortunate.  If it was a day game, we’d have been just fine

• Like (+1) 1

I think this game comes down to our defensive coaching and game plan. I’ve defended Lamar quite a bit, but even I see him as an all or nothing QB. It seems like Jackson either runs wild, or completely struggles when forced out of his comfort zone. This game will be decided by whether or not we force him out of his comfort zone.

I was initially worried about our offense vs the Ravens D, but if we play Lamar the right way, I don’t think we need to score a ton. Make him throw the ball outside the numbers at all costs, and do everything to take away the run game. I’ll just tip my hat and be in shock if the Ravens beat us by throwing the ball to outside receivers.

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Man if it turns out to be a browns/bills afc championship game then we will know that hell has frozen over.

I can only imagine how many of the Steelers fans were going crazy and complaining about resting their starters in week 17 because it looked like most of the players took a comped trip to Vegas for the week before the game.

No. It means hell has come to Earth lol. 

But, imagine the drama during next week if that’s the case. Wow. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah.  Really unfortunate.  If it was a day game, we’d have been just fine

I'm thinking that all season Josh has changed the narrative about everything he does.  Maybe tonight he's a superb QB in cold/windy conditions.  We can only hope.

12 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I think this game comes down to our defensive coaching and game plan. I’ve defended Lamar quite a bit, but even I see him as an all or nothing QB. It seems like Jackson either runs wild, or completely struggles when forced out of his comfort zone. This game will be decided by whether or not we force him out of his comfort zone.

I was initially worried about our offense vs the Ravens D, but if we play Lamar the right way, I don’t think we need to score a ton. Make him throw the ball outside the numbers at all costs, and do everything to take away the run game. I’ll just tip my hat and be in shock if the Ravens beat us by throwing the ball to outside receivers.

Let's hope..  The Bills D aren't a bunch of huge slow guys.. they are mostly on the lighter side and quick.  Maybe that will be effective.  Just a bit worried because we've all seen Milano and Edmunds juked out of their jocks more than a few times.  Can't whiff on the first contact tonight like we did vs. Indy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, zow2 said:

i am kind of done stressing about the weather. Hopefully at least one direction is better than the other, and we can make due. I also think we will still be able to have our intermediate routes in windy conditions. Just not going to be able to throw 40-yard passes. 

Hoping the Bills can orchestrate the coin toss situation to have the ball going towards the tunnel end in the 4th Qtr.  That's the most important Qtr.  You're going to want a tailwind going for a game winning FG in that direction.  It's also the longest Qtr due to timeouts, 2-min warning, etc..

Game day is finally here.  The team has surpassed my expectations for this year, win or lose I will enjoy this game. Josh has proven himself our franchise QB. I can't wait to see how things work out tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Ill take any type of win but I really want to stomp the Ravens.  So sick of hearing about them.

you're always going to hear about our opponent. That's how this works. Not a lot of talk about the Packers here