1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff Bills vs. Ravens PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/8-things-to-watch-for-in-bills-vs-ravens-division-playoff-round

History says this QB has the advantage based on draft position. 

While much has been made of the fact that this weekend's AFC Playoff slate includes three quarterbacks from the 2018 draft class, Saturday's game featuring Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson marks the 12th time in which opposing quarterbacks from the same draft class face off in the postseason.

The good news for Allen and the Bills is the quarterback drafted earlier is 9-2 in the previous 11 matchups.

Allen was the seventh overall pick in the 2018 draft. Jackson was the 32nd pick.

Other history that further helps the cause of Allen and the Bills are the results when a top three passing offense squares off against a top three rushing offense in the postseason.

There have been 13 such meetings in the playoffs since 2000.

Buffalo has the third-best passing offense in football, while the Ravens have the top ranked rushing attack.

In those 13 previous postseason meetings the passing offense has emerged from those matchups victorious a total of nine times (9-4).

• Like (+1) 1

Hey, just wanted to say that as a fan/poster of the team the Bills are going up against this evening, you guys and gals have been great. I like nothing better than discussing football with knowledgeable and passionate fans of other teams that doesn’t resort to insults, name calling, etc.  No matter what happens today, you represent. 

I’m hoping for a Ravens W tonight, but if that doesn’t happen, I hope Buffalo runs the table. You all deserve a Lombardi. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Do we know when inactives will be announced?

I want to know if we are putting Stills out there.

They didn't elevate Stills, so won't happen...this week. Possible that Dane Jackson or Antonio Williams could be activated. 

1 minute ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I'm starting to wonder if we signed Stills as a cheap replacement for Brown in the off season because the salary cap is going down. 

Ehh, Brown is good enough on the outside to be a poor teams #1 and can also play the slot. My memory of Still is just a slot guy.

If I'm wrong, and Still can be an outside #2, then god bless, get some cap space to sign Milano.

8 minutes ago, Crow-Magnon said:

Hey, just wanted to say that as a fan/poster of the team the Bills are going up against this evening, you guys and gals have been great. I like nothing better than discussing football with knowledgeable and passionate fans of other teams that doesn’t resort to insults, name calling, etc.  No matter what happens today, you represent. 

I’m hoping for a Ravens W tonight, but if that doesn’t happen, I hope Buffalo runs the table. You all deserve a Lombardi. 

Glad you enjoyed your time here. Born and raised in Louisville, went to U of L, absolutely no way I pull for Lamar this week and hope I don't have a chance to pull for him next week. Here is to a great game 🍺 and everyone walking away healthy.

13 minutes ago, Crow-Magnon said:

GTFO! 

Just kidding. I think Bills and ravens fans alike can agree, whoever wins, beat the chiefs.