Who steps up as OC if Daboll leaves?

blacklabel

Chad Hall or Ken Dorsey are the in-house candidates, if the Bills want to minimize change. Neither Of them have any direct connection to Daboll.

The Bills OC job would be the most coveted in the league, though, so we might have some interesting outside candidates.

• Like (+1) 1

Cringe, but Mike Shula has a history with McBeane.  He's currently a QB coach, so would be tough to block him from a coordinator's job interview.  He did coach Cam to a Superbowl, and Josh is a smarter Cam with a better arm.  Just saying.

7 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Cringe, but Mike Shula has a history with McBeane.  He's currently a QB coach, so would be tough to block him from a coordinator's job interview.  He did coach Cam to a Superbowl, and Josh is a smarter Cam with a better arm.  Just saying.

Wrong, the only position a coach can't be blocked from is HC. The NFL doesn't designate a difference between coordinate or positional coach.

Edited by The Jokeman

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Wrong, the only position a coach can't be blocked from is HC. The NFL doesn't designate a difference between coordinate or positional coach.

Not according to this.  https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-teams-can-no-longer-block-assistant-coaches-from-interviewing-for-coordinator-positions-191317600.html

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

HC and coordinators get fired every year so that can’t be much of a draw back...  you are right in which opening are closing quickly. 

True, but don't think it's too common for a coordinator to get fired then get hired the same off season for a HC position.  As one other poster stated Kingsbury did that, but they are few and far between.  Usually need some time to build your resume back up again.

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

OP I get the interest In the topic but we have a game tomorrow. can we concentrate on that? Its bad enough after tomorrows game they going to have to take a close look at my heart.. lol

We’re not playing. Our concentration has no effect on tomorrow’s outcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If they go within, it has to be Dorsey. Rob Boras does have OC experience, but Dorsey makes more sense. 

Outside you have to look at E-P guys, Mike McCoy, Mike Shula, Chad O’Shea, George Godsey or..gulp..Adam Gase. 

Darkhorse, Rob Chudzinzki. 

At the end of the day, I think its Dorsey. Outside of Dorsey, I think McCoy makes the most sense. 

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If they go within, it has to be Dorsey. Rob Boras does have OC experience, but Dorsey makes more sense. 

Outside you have to look at E-P guys, Mike McCoy, Mike Shula, Chad O’Shea, George Godsey or..gulp..Adam Gase. 

Darkhorse, Rob Chudzinzki. 

At the end of the day, I think its Dorsey. Outside of Dorsey, I think McCoy makes the most sense. 

Adam Gase... you cant be serious