Antonio Williams and Dane Jackson elevated from PS for Ravens game

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I will speculate the Bills could go short in another position and elevate Williams and Yeldon.  See how the weather and the game goes.  Might need a power back, and Moss was that guy.  Williams would be that guy if they need to grind it out in the snow.  Yeldon in a pro though, and an excellent receiver.  Would not be surprised to see him out there.  Lets find out what Daboll wants to do, and he will call the shot.  And, the idea here is both might be active.

I agree with everything you said accept one thing. We don't no what kind of pass catcher he *Williams will be at the NFL Level. He had amazing receivers to work and learn from this year.

Edited by PrimeTime101

19 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

the process continues.  TJ Yeldon,while explosive and long striding and a pretty player to watch,  is a limited player (eg.  soft, weak in pass pro) , and historically a turnover risk (Jags).   A Williams may have been showing out all season on the PS and just needed an opening.   These coaches are committed to continually developing their roster and the players on it.   They go with what they see, not a players years of experience, IMO.   We shall see. 

Yeldon has years of experience and is good in the pass game. He will play and play well. Look for some screens to him. 

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think this is correct.  Per this source: "each player on the 53-man roster and injured reserve at game time taking home the same amount of money during the first two rounds of the playoffs"

They don't need to be active, just on the 53 man roster.

I took it that he meant "active" as the main roster and not the PS whether or not the player dressed.

15 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Would you let an rookie with minimal experience pass protect for your franchise QB?

As much as i want to see him play, i would not.  so if he’s in the game it might tip the Ravens off that it’s a run play.  Doesn’t mean he still wouldn’t make plays though 

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think Dane Jackson might be really close to our second best corner. He is also an excellent tackler. I really don’t get how this guy hasn’t been on the roster ever week already but hey...glad to see him up.

yeah he makes impact plays but for every big play he makes there’s others where he vacates his zone, takes a bad angle or freelances too much.  

If you watch the all-22 where he’s been active you’ll definitely see it. I think with more time he’ll be a good corner on our roster and was definitely a good choice given his draft position. He doesn’t play optimally within the D’s scheme and is still rough around the edges. There’s a reason Norman and Wallace get the nod over him atm. After this year though I think we release Norman and I can see Jackson challenge Wallace for the 2CB spot. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I honestly don’t get why Jackson is not on the roster he’s been arguably the 2nd best corner on the roster all year.

I know it's not the end all be all, but he's allowed the highest passer rating of any of our corners this year. Could definitely argue he's made the second most big plays though considering how little he's played.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I honestly don’t get why Jackson is not on the roster he’s been arguably the 2nd best corner on the roster all year.

7 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I know it's not the end all be all, but he's allowed the highest passer rating of any of our corners this year. Could definitely argue he's made the second most big plays though considering how little he's played.

If he is that good would not another team claim him?

I am surprised another team hasn't claimed him if just to force Bills to use a slot for him.

46 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

If he is that good would not another team claim him?

I am surprised another team hasn't claimed him if just to force Bills to use a slot for him.

He may have been protected on the PS, Covid rules.