Antonio Williams and Dane Jackson elevated from PS for Ravens game

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

I'd guess he'll be inactive, but he seems to be a very good tackler. I think Norman may get more snaps in this game than usual with the Ravens boing so TE centric.

I think you're probably right. McD definitely goes with the proven hand.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Does anyone know if these guys who get activated from the PS but don't dress, get paid according to an NFL contract or do they still just make their Practice Squad money? I'm wondering if it might be a way to get these guys some cash.

Everyone on the active roster gets paid around $30K this week.  These guys make the same as the stars this week.  Next week I believe it doubles. Then the Super Bowl winners each make around $125K and the losers around $60K.  

If you don't make the active roster you get your regular pay.  I think it is around $10k a week right now.  Not positive on that.  So moving them up does put an extra 20K in their pockets.  

3 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Everyone on the active roster gets paid around $30K this week.  These guys make the same as the stars this week.  Next week I believe it doubles. Then the Super Bowl winners each make around $125K and the losers around $60K.  

If you don't make the active roster you get your regular pay.  I think it is around $10k a week right now.  Not positive on that.  So moving them up does put an extra 20K in their pockets.  

Cool, so then I could definitely see callups for guys they don't intend to dress being used as a reward system for a week of good practice or whatever.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 947 said:

I'd be cool with Dane taking Norman's spot on the active roster.

Norman may have issues with that.

2 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I'd really like A. Williams to be active. Not much tape on the guy for the Ravens to study and what we've seen so far, it looks like he's a strong, power runner. 

Against a defeated Miami D

2 hours ago, uninja said:

Bills rarely do something crazy like that and just activate random guys unless they're down depth. We can read the tea leaves all we want but my guess is Taiwan Jones takes the RB3 spot because he has a key role on special teams. Williams and Jackson will be inactive unless there's some exceptional with regards to the weather or some other extenuating circumstance.

Williams probably is insurance against an RB testing positive tomorrow.  Jackson likely won’t play, but it makes me wonder if we’re going to take the chargers approach from a few years ago and play lots of DBs. 

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Then why bring him up from the practice squad?

Well, there's a couple things. 

One, it gives him a big bump in $$ so it is a reward for hard work all season.  I believe the regular roster gets $33,000/player, which is $24,600 more than a PS guy gets.

Two, it gives the Bills options if they have game plan variants that depend on weather or some such

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Williams probably is insurance against an RB testing positive tomorrow.  Jackson likely won’t play, but it makes me wonder if we’re going to take the chargers approach from a few years ago and play lots of DBs. 

If someone on the roster tests positive for Covid day of game, a team is allowed to bring up a replacement for them that day

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BITE ME said:

I don't think this is correct.  Per this source: "each player on the 53-man roster and injured reserve at game time taking home the same amount of money during the first two rounds of the playoffs"

They don't need to be active, just on the 53 man roster.

I will speculate the Bills could go short in another position and elevate Williams and Yeldon.  See how the weather and the game goes.  Might need a power back, and Moss was that guy.  Williams would be that guy if they need to grind it out in the snow.  Yeldon in a pro though, and an excellent receiver.  Would not be surprised to see him out there.  Lets find out what Daboll wants to do, and he will call the shot.  And, the idea here is both might be active.