Antonio Williams and Dane Jackson elevated from PS for Ravens game

YoloinOhio

The way McDermott was talking about Yeldon the other day, I feel like Williams may get a legit shot.  I don't understand why McDermott was being so forthright with saying Yeldon will be taking Moss's position.  Why tell Balt that?  Yeldon and Williams are two different types of player, why tell them who to dress and what to do on D.  McDermott never gives out info, why did he there?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yolo, and others....I may have missed some Coach press conferences this week.  What is your thougjt on Williams being active? Then if so, who would be the logical choice to sit

Of available RBs, Sean feels AW is the best option for success among the back ups, Dane will likely see action in rotation and or injury, good moves, both of them, now we get to see if the are actually active for the game. 

Go Bills!!!

17 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

The way McDermott was talking about Yeldon the other day, I feel like Williams may get a legit shot.  I don't understand why McDermott was being so forthright with saying Yeldon will be taking Moss's position.  Why tell Balt that?  Yeldon and Williams are two different types of player, why tell them who to dress and what to do on D.  McDermott never gives out info, why did he there?

the process continues.  TJ Yeldon,while explosive and long striding and a pretty player to watch,  is a limited player (eg.  soft, weak in pass pro) , and historically a turnover risk (Jags).   A Williams may have been showing out all season on the PS and just needed an opening.   These coaches are committed to continually developing their roster and the players on it.   They go with what they see, not a players years of experience, IMO.   We shall see. 

20 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Subterfuge, Yeldon never plays we all know that, Sean is just F ing with the birds. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, mannc said:

Then why bring him up from the practice squad?

They have been doing it all year.  They elevate guys as "insurance" for something, but once everyone gets through warmups healthy, they don't activate guys.  Not new.  They do it all the time. 

Personally, I'd like to see more of him because the sample size was so small, but they see him every day.  Guess we'll find out tomorrow.