Diggs mom wanted Newsome fired for not drafting Stefon

https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/42550/stefon-diggs-mom-told-ozzie-newsome-he-should-be-fired-for-not-drafting-son

With Diggs being from MD, going to the University of Maryland, it sounds like Stephanie Diggs was PO’d at Ozzie Newsome for not selecting Stefon to the Ravens. I’m not sure if Stefon has played the Ravens before, but I wonder if he’s extra motivated to have a big game against the Ravens for not taking him in the draft?

10 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/42550/stefon-diggs-mom-told-ozzie-newsome-he-should-be-fired-for-not-drafting-son

With Diggs being from MD, going to the University of Maryland, it sounds like Stephanie Diggs was PO’d at Ozzie Newsome for not selecting Stefon to the Ravens. I’m not sure if Stefon has played the Ravens before, but I wonder if he’s extra motivated to have a big game against the Ravens for not taking him in the draft?

Diggs is super competitive to begin with but the greats (i.e. Michael Jordan) often carry that extra chip of their shoulder.  Hope I’m not wrong but I think the Bills’ overall competitiveness (including Allen & Diggs) is what might carry them to victory tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 4

Well, I'm certainly glad the Ravens didn't draft him. Now that he's here, I think Diggs feels the same.

Josh grew up as a Niners fan and played college ball a couple of hours from Denver. When asked how he felt about both those teams passing on him, he simply responded, "I'm where I'm supposed to be."

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 2

In the GQ interview he did he made it seem like he wasn't mad at any team or player drafted ahead of him.  Instead of seeing it as a sign of disrespect he saw it as he hadn't done enough to show them why he was the best receiver in that class.  That kind of attitude can't be taught and is a crazy motivator.  I don't think Diggs will play any different on Saturday than he would if it were a game against any other opponent.  

I agree that Diggs is a super competitive guy and I don't think he needs any extra motivation to play well.  He's motivated to win a playoff game, regardless of the opponent.  I also don't think that extra motivation is as effective (on game day) for skill position players as it is for guys who block, tackle and hit.  A skill position player who is over hyped might be more inclined to make a mistake - drop a pass, overthrow a receiver, etc., whereas a guy in the trenches may play better (hit harder, etc.) when playing angry.  Aside from game day - practice, weight room, studying the playbook, etc., I think that extra motivation benefits all players the same.

46 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

He was asked about this and He said that he isn’t. He said he doesn’t care about that stuff and is motivated by winning. He said maybe when he was younger it might have motivated him more, but not now. 

• Like (+1) 1