Jimmy Garoppolo headed back to the Patriots?

BITE ME

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I am a huge fan of Jimmy G, I think the 49ers focused more on the running game then developing Jimmy. I still feel like Jimmy G could become a Romo level QB and that is the last thing I want in NE.

Didn't Shanahan focus on the run because he realized what a limited QB Jimmy was.   Jimmy isn't the type of QB that can carry a team with his arm if the defense and run game fails.  

39 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Didn't Shanahan focus on the run because he realized what a limited QB Jimmy was.   Jimmy isn't the type of QB that can carry a team with his arm if the defense and run game fails.  

I disagree, just like Tannehill looked like crap so does Jimmy G right now. Jimmy will be a much better version of Tannehill if he goes to the right team. 

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I disagree, just like Tannehill looked like crap so does Jimmy G right now. Jimmy will be a much better version of Tannehill if he goes to the right team. 

Umm.  Tannehill is on a team that is run heavy and isn't really being asked to throw the ball a lot? The Titans passing offense is bottom half of the league....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

That’s correct, maybe Jimmy G could be Tannehill, but let’s not forget that Tanny has the luxury of Derrick Henry. It’s not easy to find a running back at that level. Jimmy G needs a lot of help to be a good starting QB. Nothing about him would make

me afraid. 

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Umm.  Tannehill is on a team that is run heavy and isn't really being asked to throw the ball a lot? The Titans passing offense is bottom half of the league....

Tannehill’s career revival has been incredibly overrated. He’s played well at times, but Henry is a beast. That guy opens up so much for Tanny. The running back is so undervalued that people forget what an elite back can do for a QB. Gurley made

Goff look incredible for a while as well. 

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

we'll see when Covid ends and half their starters come back for next year

The only starter who will return is Dont'a Hightower, who will be 31-1/2 when the season starts.  The rest are JAGs at this point in their careers.

4 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Almost 3,881 yds 33tds and 7ints are the type of numbers that carry a team to the playoffs? I do think Jimmy G will be better than that if he goes to the Pats. 

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Almost 3,881 yds 33tds and 7ints are the type of numbers that carry a team to the playoffs? I do think Jimmy G will be better than that if he goes to the Pats. 

You take away Henry and most of the time you will get performances like last weekend from Tannehill . 165 yards passing and 1 TD and 1 INT for a mediocre QB rating of 83.      Lets see what Jimmy G does if he is off loaded.      He may look good on the Pats with a Josh McDaniel.  But then again,  he Cam looked awful this season except when he was acting like an RB.

23 hours ago, BITE ME said:

Just heard from a reliable source (Pats season ticket holder) the Patriots are in talks to get Jimmy Garoppolo for next year.  Interesting, wonder if it is because they like him or because they want to keep him from the Jets.  Apparently Teddy Bruschi starting pushing this and the Patriots are now looking to make the move.

As someone pointed out, this could be something they are telling season ticket holders just to get them to buy season tickets for 2021.  

With talk if San Fran possible releasing him the Patriots woukd be all over getting him because he’s very familiar with their system.

I disagree on laying the blame in SF on Garappolo thus wanting to move/release him when they don’t have a QB in waiting.

Watson to SF, garappolo to NE and Houston gets 1sts from both

Garappolo is probably the Pats’ best option for 2021.  That being said, he was exposed in the Super Bowl and probably has Kirk Cousins ceiling.  He could certainly be effective in NE if they get some more weapons, which, fortunately, they have proven remarkably incompetent at doing...

Edited by mannc

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Garappolo is probably the Pats’ best option for 2021.  That being said, he was exposed in the Super Bowl and probably has Kirk Cousins ceiling.  He could certainly be effective in NE if they get some more weapons, which, fortunately, they have proven remarkably incompetent at doing...

He's an oft-injured QB who blew it in the SB and whose best and only healthy season saw him throw for almost 4,000 yards to excellent skill position players...but also saw him have a less than 2:1 TD:TO ratio (27 pass and 1 rush TD with 13 INTs and 5 lost fumbles).  Does he get FAs to sign there because of him?  I don't think so.

Awesome...looks like Bills dominance in the division will be for the forseeable future...Tua, Darnold and Garopollo? Lmao! Not even close to Allen's class. 

On 1/15/2021 at 3:15 PM, Doc Brown said:

Makes sense.  The Pats will be back in contention next year with all that cap space with Belichick still at the helm. 

Competing for 2nd place is about all. None of those teams are a threat with their QBs versus Allen.

Garappolo is slightly better than a decent game day manager.  He can win you some games and put up really nice numbers when the game plan is solid, but if he has to go off script and going up against a good defense then he can’t win it for you.  If he had been our QB against the Colts this past weekend, no way in hell the Bills win.

• 1 month later...