Jimmy Garoppolo headed back to the Patriots?

BITE ME

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Boston media has been all over this for the past 6 months.  Not exactly news.

It is news now because the hiring of Saleh. The Patriots are now ready to move to keep Saleh from taking Jimmy G with him to New York.  Apparently Saleh wants to bring Jimmy G with him to New York.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills of Boston said:

Well as a Bills STH, I’ve been told who we’re going to draft at 32! 

I can't even imagine some of the things the Bills have told season ticket holders over the years. Were hiring Rex Ryan, please renew your tickets. We drafted JP Losman please renew your tickets.  

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

who going to play QB for the niners?

Nick Mullens, CJ Beathard, whoever they draft, whoever they add in FA, or Josh Rosen (who I believe is on their roster now).  They seem to be a defense and running game dominant team, so they can be successful with average QB play.  It got them to the Super Bowl last year.  Jimmy G wasn't slinging it around too much.  When they get healthy, they can win with one of the QB options listed.  Of course, even if they get healthy, their defense could drop off with Saleh's departure.  Either way, Jimmy G was not a difference maker for them.

Edited by msw2112

11 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

I also saw that Watson could be traded to the Niners for Jimmy G and some players/picks.  Fairly certain it was just speculation but that could be interesting.  Also saw a trade where Tua and other compensation went to the Texans for Watson.  This off-season should be exciting.

10 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

I think they should bring Trubisky over there and draft of course. Mitch ain’t gonna be an elite answer but I think he’d upgrade their offense over what they’ve had. Shanahan has such a offense friendly scheme Trubisky could do well there bridging for whatever they wanna do long term. 

42 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

It is news now because the hiring of Saleh. The Patriots are now ready to move to keep Saleh from taking Jimmy G with him to New York.  Apparently Saleh wants to bring Jimmy G with him to New York.

I can't imagine there's much urgency there if the Jets are drafting a QB as well... who knows.