Bills Offense versus Elite Defenses

My concern is OUR defense stopping the Ravens offense. I'm not too concerned with our offense against their defense.

But it's also fans remembering our losses to them the last two years, one of them a blowout. And also the one game that WE got blown out in this year was against the Titans, who the Ravens just beat.

So I get the concern. I'm concerned too. I don't think the Ravens are better, but I have trouble thinking the Bills are better either. I think both teams are pretty good. Both of them have certain advantages.

• Like (+1) 1

We will find out tomorrow If great defenses still win championships. In todays NFL I am doubtful. OP brings up a great point and as much as I agree in part I disagree. This secondary is a different Animal and other then them playing KC, they are also playing against a different Animal.

To Be Continued after the game lol

15 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I look it like this, if the bills offense comes out and does what they have done all year the media and fans around the country will be in awe

That and a pass interference call or 2 early.

I can't wait to see those corner backs upset

I can see it. The Ravens DBs absolutely mug receivers before the ball even leaves the QBs hand. Hope the refs call it if its obvious. Sure hand checking is a given but man they are aggressive.

16 hours ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

There are no elite defenses in today's NFL.

There really are.

Fair enough that this year there are no '91 Eagles or '85 Bears or '00 Ravens, but there are still a bunch of teams that play defense quite a bit better than the other teams do, the Steelers, Washington, the Rams and New Orleans for four.

I'm more worried about our defense than our offense. They've slowed some of the better run teams later in this season after they started playing better, but they really had to sell out against the run to do so. I think we'll see them spend most of their energy scheming the run and if Baltimore can hit a few plays to Hollywood, or the TEs or RBs to counter that, things could get bad, IMO.

I could also see the Bills run away with this game, but I'm really nervous. They match up well with us.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

We will find out tomorrow If great defenses still win championships. In todays NFL I am doubtful. OP brings up a great point and as much as I agree in part I disagree. This secondary is a different Animal and other then them playing KC, they are also playing against a different Animal.

To Be Continued after the game lol

They usually do. It's not the Ravens' defense that is the problem.

It's OUR defense that is the problem. If we're not clicking on that end, we're f*cked.

17 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

We know the Ravens will blitz.  But you ask the key question: Will it get home? 

The Bills have mostly, but not consistently, handled the blitz well this year.  

Beside the obvious point of getting blocking assignments right, I think Josh will have to make good pre-snap reads.  If he's scanning, scanning, scanning  while being blitzed, very bad things may happen.  

I hope Daboll's done a great job of studying, understanding, and predicting the Ravens scheme.  If so - and if the wideouts are reasonably healthy - we can put up a lot of points despite the talent of the D.

How many times this year have we seen good pressure on Josh and good coverage in the secondary and yet the Bills still found the endzone?   Sometimes being good just isn't good enough against this excellent Bills passing attack.  When the Bills offense is clicking, it's hard to stop.    

Doesn't it seem like Bizarro world?  Just last year, the Bills offense would struggle to score 20 points and the passing game was still below average.  Now they’re one of the top offenses in the league.

18 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

The Browns torched this defense on Monday night when Lamar had the runs both on and off the field, putting up almost 500 yards. Ravens D stats are also inflated because they played the NFC East offenses this year.

Jimmy Smith and whoever their 4th DB ends up being should be in for a long night.  Martindale gets credit for blitzing as much as he does, but he kept blitzing Mahomes and Mahomes kept torching them all night long.

Not so sure they will blitz as much as normal or at least they will disguise it. Allen has been one of the best this year against the Blitz. Josh needs to make them pay if they do period.