Chris Simms interviews Josh Allen on his latest Unbuttoned podcast -- good stuff

Logic

Chris Simms, who we all know is a big Josh Allen fan, interviewed Josh for his latest Unbuttoned podcast. It's a 26 minute interview that's chock full of good stuff.

I can't post a link, because you have to open it in whatever medium you use to listen to podcasts. Spotify, iTunes, whatever. Just search "Chris Simms Unbuttoned" and it should come up.

Some of my favorite tidbits:

- Josh says that on "shot plays", if the called shot is covered, he's coached to remember "O.S.T.": Outlet, scramble, throwaway. They want him to find his outlet receiver first. If that's covered, scramble. If that's not possible, throw it away. That's a cool reminder that Dorsey and Daboll put in his ear before those plays, and when you watch Josh in action, you can actually SEE him going through this thought process.

- Josh says that when he sees Stefon Diggs in 1-on-1 coverage, his only thoughts are "he's getting the ball" and "I need to look off the safety first". He is 100%, no-doubt-about-it, going to Diggs in single coverage every time he sees it.

- Along those lines, on the long TD pass to Diggs against the Colts, Diggs was actually supposed to run a post. Once he saw the way the corner was playing it, he just ran a "go" instead, Josh recognized what had happened, and put it where it needed to be. He mentioned that some QBs would have been mad about Diggs' adjustment, because they're much more particular about where they want their receivers to be and when. Not Josh, though. Says he only ever tells Diggs "get open and catch it", and he's pretty flexible as far as how Diggs gets that done.

All in all, a great listen, and I suggest you carve out the 26 minutes some time before tomorrow's game.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I had one thought after listening to this podcast:  The Bills could not possibly have a better leader/franchise QB than Josh Allen.  It is no wonder this guy is loved by his teammates and coaches.  We are very fortunate.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBorn1960 said:

Link?

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Link?

Seriously? I stated in my second sentence that I'm not sure how to post a link because it's something that plays in non-internet browsers, like Spotify or iTunes.

**Edit:  It looks like another user has found a link that will play in web browsers.

Edited by Logic

17 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

He shoulda not said that cause now they'll just ignore his look off and run to Diggs lol

at their peril.

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

Seriously? I stated in my second sentence that I'm not sure how to post a link because it's something that plays in non-internet browsers, like Spotify or iTunes.

**Edit:  It looks like another user has found a link that will play in web browsers.

C’mon, man. No one wants to read a thread like ‘so, I seen this podcast. It went something like this..’

We’re advanced citizenry here. We expect links on topics of this nature. If you don’t know how, don’t bother. It will get posted soon enough.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Logic said:

Chris Simms, who we all know is a big Josh Allen fan, interviewed Josh for his latest Unbuttoned podcast. It's a 26 minute interview that's chock full of good stuff.

I can't post a link, because you have to open it in whatever medium you use to listen to podcasts. Spotify, iTunes, whatever. Just search "Chris Simms Unbuttoned" and it should come up.

Some of my favorite tidbits:

- Josh says that on "shot plays", if the called shot is covered, he's coached to remember "O.S.T.": Outlet, scramble, throwaway. They want him to find his outlet receiver first. If that's covered, scramble. If that's not possible, throw it away. That's a cool reminder that Dorsey and Daboll put in his ear before those plays, and when you watch Josh in action, you can actually SEE him going through this thought process.

- Josh says that when he sees Stefon Diggs in 1-on-1 coverage, his only thoughts are "he's getting the ball" and "I need to look off the safety first". He is 100%, no-doubt-about-it, going to Diggs in single coverage every time he sees it.

- Along those lines, on the long TD pass to Diggs against the Colts, Diggs was actually supposed to run a post. Once he saw the way the corner was playing it, he just ran a "go" instead, Josh recognized what had happened, and put it where it needed to be. He mentioned that some QBs would have been mad about Diggs' adjustment, because they're much more particular about where they want their receivers to be and when. Not Josh, though. Says he only ever tells Diggs "get open and catch it", and he's pretty flexible as far as how Diggs gets that done.

All in all, a great listen, and I suggest you carve out the 26 minutes some time before tomorrow's game.

It's like when we had Fitz and Stevie except like 100 times better.

• Like (+1) 4

When I look at these two teams in general, I think the Ravens will win this game.  When I consider the fact that we have Josh Allen, I think the Bills can beat any team. What a great f'n feeling it is to have a QB who gives you a chance to beat any team!

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Reader said:

It's like when we had Fitz and Stevie except like 100 times better.

I love the comparison but don't crap on the Fitz Stevie connection like that. Allen & Diggs I would say is about 10x better tho 🤣

I did enjoy seeing Stevie embarrass an in his prime Revis a couple times a year. Was great stuff. But yeah the Allen Diggs connection is better ten times over...

Oan...Simms Josh Allen jingle is so stupid and corny it's actually hilarious. Hearing him sing his other jingles took the cake. What a weird ass thing Simms got himself to actually put on the airwaves but kudos to him for staying himself...at least semi unapologetically...

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'd say they're pretty in sync there both are thinking TD.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

C’mon, man. No one wants to read a thread like ‘so, I seen this podcast. It went something like this..’

We’re advanced citizenry here. We expect links on topics of this nature. If you don’t know how, don’t bother. It will get posted soon enough.

As I stated, it’s a podcast. 99% of podcast listening is done through non-browser mediums, meaning no link is possible. It’s not as if I didn’t explain right off the bat in my post WHY there was no link and how to find the podcast. 

And you’d really rather that People NOT post good content if there’s not an easy, readily available link, particularly if they clearly explain WHY there’s no link and how to find said content? That’s just silly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2