Where will Ravens CB’s line up against Bills?

Dkollidas

19 minutes ago, Crow-Magnon said:

I think Marlon will shadow Diggs with Peters on Brown and Smith on Beasley. With Averett on Davis as necessary. 

I agree, but I don’t believe they normally have their CB’s shadow receivers. It’s more, one plays one side of the field, the other plays the other side. Also, I’d expect a lot of motion by Buffalo, they’ve been getting plays in pretty fast allowing for a lot of motion at the line.

3 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I agree, but I don’t believe they normally have their CB’s shadow receivers. It’s more, one plays one side of the field, the other plays the other side. Also, I’d expect a lot of motion by Buffalo, they’ve been getting plays in pretty fast allowing for a lot of motion at the line.

They started off man-to-man last week then switched over to zone coverage. I anticipate the same the week as well.  Especially if weather conditions deteriorate. 

6 minutes ago, Crow-Magnon said:

They started off man-to-man last week then switched over to zone coverage. I anticipate the same the week as well.  Especially if weather conditions deteriorate. 

I think if they go zone they won’t be able to blitz as much. That’ll open things up for Beasley as well if they switch to more zone 

Each of our top-five WRs are better than they were last year. Maybe not Smoke. But pushing Smoke down from our #1 WR to our #2 (or lower), creates all new match-ups, which I think shifts the dynamic from advantage BAL to advantage BUF.

Last year's BAL-BUF game was the prime example of what Bean & team did so well at addressing in the offseason through the trade and the draft. Saturday night's game is the ultimate test of whether what Beane did was enough in this area.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You should also come him and give him credit if Peters covers brown most of the game and he doesn’t catch a pass.....meanwhile the other WRs feast and we win. 

I need to apologize to that first guy because I didn't read the whole point. He's 100% right that we should create a matchup of Jimmy Smith on Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

If this is the case I believe Peters will be matched up against Diggs, snd that’s good for Diggs. Peter’s aggressive nature will overplay and Diggs will be able to get open.

Last time they played Diggs stole his lunch money then took Peter’s mom out with it. 11 receptions for 120 yards. To be fair though, it was Vikings vs Rams. Very different situations now. Still, I like Diggs chances 1:1 with Peters.... especially if it’s cover 0. 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I had read that Humphrey will cover Beasley in the slot, but I’m not sure how credible the source is.

@AllDayLJ what do you think the ravens will do?  Who covers the slot the majority of the time?

He did in last years game, and Beasley had some nice success.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, AllDayLJ said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we have Marlo in the slot and Jimmy Smith plays the other outside role along with Marcus. We've done that this year plenty of times. A lot of times it depends on the teams though, their WRs, etc. If they did put Marlo in the slot on Beas, they'd put Peters on Diggs and Jimmy on the opposite side.

From your mouth to Winks ears.  Please play man versus the Bills 

4 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

think there a huge opportunity for Knoz/Singletary to do some damage

Don't forget Yeldon too

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

He had him beat on the last play of the game. If Josh throws a better ball it'd be a tie game. Instead it was behind enough on Brown for Peters to defend it.

The throw was ok - Brown didn’t fight his way across the defender fast enough.  That play was Exhibit A for the need to find an alpha receiver in the off-season.  Mission accomplished by Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The throw was ok - Brown didn’t fight his way across the defender fast enough.  That play was Exhibit A for the need to find an alpha receiver in the off-season.  Mission accomplished by Beane.

Yeah, I mean if the pass was absolutely perfect maybe Brown could have made a play.  The throw was fine, the problem on that play is that Brown couldn't get any real separation on Peters.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Old Coot said:

CB Peters was listed a Questionable with a back injury but will play.

This is something to watch. He will play, but a Back injury for a corner isn’t ideal. Remember Tre white missed time earlier this season and then played through it. Peters already doesn’t like to tackle. The Ravens elevated Pierre desir from the PS and I think he’ll be active in case peters can’t play the whole game. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is something to watch. He will play, but a Back injury for a corner isn’t ideal. Remember Tre white missed time earlier this season and then played through it. Peters already doesn’t like to tackle. The Ravens elevated Pierre desir from the PS and I think he’ll be active in case peters can’t play the whole game. 

Desir might be the worst player in the NFL.

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Desir might be the worst player in the NFL.

We’ve played him twice this year when he was on the Jets. He was pretty bad, they ended up cutting him. I expect he won’t be able to match up with any of our WRs.  

Edited by YoloinOhio

This is why Diggs was brought in.  Peters or Humprhey will be on him.  That opens up Beasley, Brown, or Davis to more favorable matchups.  The more I think about the more I like Buffalo.  They talk about the run game vs our d.  I think Buffalo gives up 150 on the ground and they score 20 some points.  This offense puts up 30 or 40 on their defense.  The whole stop the run is great.  Ask Seatle how that mindset helped them.  

22 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

@BillfromNYC, he'll take on ALL the CBs

I think I read that Humphrey somehow was one of the most targeted CBs in the league?  And forced the most fumbles?  Peters is a gambler and teams avoid throwing at him, it's either a pick-six or he gets burned.

22 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

They will rue the day they were drafted above the 6th round!!!

Diggs, double move, Allen pump fake, 50 yard TD tomorrow.

Marlon Humphrey is truly the @Bill from NYC enigma.

On one hand, first round CB. On the other hand, he played at Alabama.

The unstoppable force vs the immovable object.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:35 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Brown toasts Peters I'm coming to this thread immediately and giving you credit. I hope he does. Brown probably can't wait to get matched up with Peters after the final play last year. 

Hi.