Where will Ravens CB’s line up against Bills?

Dkollidas

9 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I think we want Peters on JB for the simple fact that everyone else is a MUCH more favorable match up with Diggs.

We will be using a lot of motion. 

And I'm telling you that Marcus Peters dominated John Brown in man coverage last year. It's hard for me to believe the Bills go into this game saying let's find ways to get Brown 1 on 1 vs Peters. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

And I'm telling you that Marcus Peters dominated John Brown in man coverage last year. It's hard for me to believe the Bills go into this game saying let's find ways to get Brown 1 on 1 vs Peters. 

There are so many variables. Our receiving core last year was not what it is today. Allen isn't. 

Last year, the Ravens were able to press and play man with the blitz (Peters is INCREDIBLY physical) and Josh wasn't getting the ball out or hitting the mark.

This year? Great, press and play John Brown with Peters, good luck covering Beas, Stef, Gabe, etc. Josh's ascension will limit the Ravens chances to press Brown, which will result in him having a much more effective game (whether it's Peters or not). 

So I'm telling you, adding Stef and "new" Allen will make this matchup for favorable. If they play man and blitz, it will be a long game for the Ravens and it won't matter if JB is getting beat.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

There are so many variables. Our receiving core last year was not what it is today. Allen isn't. 

Last year, the Ravens were able to press and play man with the blitz (Peters is INCREDIBLY physical) and Josh wasn't getting the ball out or hitting the mark.

This year? Great, press and play John Brown with Peters, good luck covering Beas, Stef, Gabe, etc. Josh's ascension will limit the Ravens chances to press Brown, which will result in him having a much more effective game (whether it's Peters or not). 

So I'm telling you, adding Stef and "new" Allen will make this matchup for favorable. If they play man and blitz, it will be a long game for the Ravens and it won't matter if JB is getting beat.

I understand the Bills have better options this year but I still don't understand why you want Peters on Brown. 

I think John Brown can be better than last year but I don't know what you're really trying say about that matchup. I love Beasley in this game though. Beasley is a man beater and Allen just didn't feed him enough last year. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I understand the Bills have better options this year but I still don't understand why you want Peters on Brown. 

I think John Brown can be better than last year but I don't know what you're really trying say about that matchup. I love Beasley in this game though. Beasley is a man beater and Allen just didn't feed him enough last year. 

I'm not saying I necessarily do. I'm saying that I think Brown will be more effective on Peters this year because they won't be pressing as much. 

If they're dumb enough to put Peters on Browns and leave the other 3 (and Knox) with less competition. Fine by me. Again, I expect there to be a lot of motion to be hoenst.

6 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I'm not saying I necessarily do. I'm saying that I think Brown will be more effective on Peters this year because they won't be pressing as much. 

If they're dumb enough to put Peters on Browns and leave the other 3 (and Knox) with less competition. Fine by me. Again, I expect there to be a lot of motion to be hoenst.

If Brown toasts Peters I'm coming to this thread immediately and giving you credit. I hope he does. Brown probably can't wait to get matched up with Peters after the final play last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Brown toasts Peters I'm coming to this thread immediately and giving you credit. I hope he does. Brown probably can't wait to get matched up with Peters after the final play last year. 

Haha man, I don't think he will to be honest. I'm just saying, it could be more favorable for us this year since they'll more than likely be "off" OR Stef and Beas will have a biggggg day if they decide to press AND have Peters on Brown.

56 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Especially when there is no way he is fully healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crow-Magnon said:

Don’t be surprised if they start man-to-man with Smith covering the slot receiver and transition to zone coverage depending on how the Bills passing game goes. 

You think that is more likely than Humphrey moving inside in nickel? I know they have done both a bit this year but I thought generally it was Marlon?

If I'm the Bills I try and get Marcus Peters on John Brown because think Jimmy Smith is slower and be easier to beat with Diggs. 

They have two good corners and our running game is hurting and hasn't been that good all year anyway.

If I am the Bills, I think I start off by playing 4 and 5 wide like crazy.  Diggs and Beasley will beat their top two CBs some, but Brown, Davis, and Mckenzie/Knox will chew up their next three.  If they want to play zone, they are not going to be able to blitz.  They have to drop 7 against that many threats.  If they blitz, they play into our hands because we want them in man.  We would have a whole host of one on one match ups and Allen has proven that he will find the open guy.  And if they leave a running lane, Allen takes off and runs (or finds Gabe, etc. on the sidelines).

15 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

They have two good corners and our running game is hurting and hasn't been that good all year anyway.

If I am the Bills, I think I start off by playing 4 and 5 wide like crazy.  Diggs and Beasley will beat their top two CBs some, but Brown, Davis, and Mckenzie/Knox will chew up their next three.  If they want to play zone, they are not going to be able to blitz.  They have to drop 7 against that many threats.  If they blitz, they play into our hands because we want them in man.  We would have a whole host of one on one match ups and Allen has proven that he will find the open guy.  And if they leave a running lane, Allen takes off and runs (or finds Gabe, etc. on the sidelines).

I think they go wide early as well just for the simple fact that it shows more of what the defenses intentions are. As you said, if we go empty and have 5 wide, if they blitz someone is open. Or at worst Josh is going to have WIDE open rush lanes. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

You think that is more likely than Humphrey moving inside in nickel? I know they have done both a bit this year but I thought generally it was Marlon?

I think Marlon will shadow Diggs with Peters on Brown and Smith on Beasley. With Averett on Davis as necessary. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You should also come him and give him credit if Peters covers brown most of the game and he doesn’t catch a pass.....meanwhile the other WRs feast and we win. 

50 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

They have 3 good corners, jimmy smith is still a good player. 

I agree with you, I hope that we spread them out with 4-5 WRs sets all game and put lots of people in motion

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, warrior9 said:

There was no Stef and/or All-Pro QB last year. That point is moot.

This!  Diggs and Allen's improvement have made Brown, Beas, Davis and Knox so much better this year.  Last year the #1 DB was on Brown.  The dynamics of our WR group is completely different this year.

Cardinals and Chiefs were the two games this year where I felt like every throw Allen made was contested or into an incredibly tight window.  

Allen was hurt against the Chiefs and we’ve obviously grown a ton since that early season match up.  

The Cardinals game was a turning point in our season that began our ascension.  

I do not believe we are the same team that played in those games, but can the Ravens replicate what they did.  Seems to me they will try.  I remember a lot of clutch/grab/physical play in those games. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is how I'd play it if I was Wink. 

I’ll add this as well. If the weather conditions are slippery and windy, I’d play the CB’s up tight to the LOS and bring Clark and Elliott up closer. Tight enough to jam them off the line. Disrupt their routes and slow them up.