Where will Ravens CB’s line up against Bills?

Dkollidas

Wondering if anyone had any insight on how they play their CB’s.
Will Smith play in the slot?

Or is Humphrey mostly in the slot?

Do their corners mostly stay in their same spot, or do they follow a particular guy across the field? 

I just believe that if Humphrey isn’t the one who shadows Diggs. He’ll get his catches. And if Humphrey isn’t the one in the slot, that Beasley’s route running will win against Peters or Smith as well. 

Edited by Dkollidas

• Dkollidas changed the title to Where will Ravens CB’s line up against Bill?
3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I had read that Humphrey will cover Beasley in the slot, but I’m not sure how credible the source is.

@AllDayLJ what do you think the ravens will do?  Who covers the slot the majority of the time?

I wouldn't be surprised if we have Marlo in the slot and Jimmy Smith plays the other outside role along with Marcus. We've done that this year plenty of times. A lot of times it depends on the teams though, their WRs, etc. If they did put Marlo in the slot on Beas, they'd put Peters on Diggs and Jimmy on the opposite side.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, AllDayLJ said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we have Marlo in the slot and Jimmy Smith plays the other outside role along with Marcus. We've done that this year plenty of times. A lot of times it depends on the teams though, their WRs, etc. If they did put Marlo in the slot on Beas, they'd put Peters on Diggs and Jimmy on the opposite side.

Thanks.  It’s a great unit you guys have there.  If I’m buffalo, I attack Peters vs Diggs every time.  If I’m martindale, I give Peters help on every play.  While I give credit to Peters for being a good playmaker on the ball, I think his coverage skills are lacking and expect Diggs to take him to the bank......the blood bank!- Steven seagal

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

In my madden head I force the ravens to track Knox, Beasley, Davis and McKenzie to one side of the field and try to create 1-1 with Diggs and Peters. 

Peters is an overly aggressive CB who freelances. He’s gonna try to go for the pick and in a 1-1 foot race with Diggs that’s a big mistake. 

13 minutes ago, AllDayLJ said:

If this is the case I believe Peters will be matched up against Diggs, snd that’s good for Diggs. Peter’s aggressive nature will overplay and Diggs will be able to get open.

• Dkollidas changed the title to Where will Ravens CB’s line up against Bills?

Humphrey generally starts outside but goes inside in nickel and they bring Smith in on the boundary. I will be interested if that is the plan tomorrow because Humphrey is their best corner and last year against the Bills they largely just left him and Peters outside.

22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Bill who?

@BillfromNYC, he'll take on ALL the CBs

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Humphrey generally starts outside but goes inside in nickel and they bring Smith in on the boundary. I will be interested if that is the plan tomorrow because Humphrey is their best corner and last year against the Bills they largely just left him and Peters outside.

I think I read that Humphrey somehow was one of the most targeted CBs in the league?  And forced the most fumbles?  Peters is a gambler and teams avoid throwing at him, it's either a pick-six or he gets burned.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

There was no Stef and/or All-Pro QB last year. That point is moot.

Not at all. Someone said the Bills should try and get John Brown on Peters. That matchup was a loss last year. 

We want Peters on Diggs. The best thing about our offensive design is Diggs is hidden. You have to actually try and find him. Bills have him everywhere. 

I'm not sure what the Ravens will do. They had Humphrey on AJ Brown last week. I think they feel Humphrey is their most consistent CB. I also don't think Marcus Peters can stick with Beasley. Diggs and Beasley are dangerous matchups for Peters IMO due to their route running style. You can't put Humphrey on both Diggs and Beasley though. So if I'm Josh Allen I look for whoever Humphrey is not covering and feed them all game. 

12 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

@BillfromNYC, he'll take on ALL the CBs

I think I read that Humphrey somehow was one of the most targeted CBs in the league?  And forced the most fumbles?  Peters is a gambler and teams avoid throwing at him, it's either a pick-six or he gets burned.

They will rue the day they were drafted above the 6th round!!!

Diggs, double move, Allen pump fake, 50 yard TD tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

Humphrey will play slot which puts Peters on Diggs which is the first mismatch.  The next one is Jimmy Smith on John Brown.  Smith is not as quick as he once was.  Then you have another favorable matchup in Anthony Averett on Davis or McKenzie.

A good secondary but I have a feeling there will be plays to be made.  Turnovers could be the key to this game 

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Humphrey will play slot which puts Peters on Diggs which is the first mismatch.  The next one is Jimmy Smith on John Brown.  Smith is not as quick as he once was.  Then you have another favorable matchup in Anthony Averett on Davis or McKenzie.

A good secondary but I have a feeling there will be plays to be made.  Turnovers could be the key to this game 

It's not that clear cut. Ravens move Humphrey around and the Bills move Diggs around. 

But that's got to be the Bills goal, get Peters on Diggs and dial up a double move deep shot. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not at all. Someone said the Bills should try and get John Brown on Peters. That matchup was a loss last year. 

We want Peters on Diggs. The best thing about our offensive design is Diggs is hidden. You have to actually try and find him. Bills have him everywhere. 

I'm not sure what the Ravens will do. They had Humphrey on AJ Brown last week. I think they feel Humphrey is their most consistent CB. I also don't think Marcus Peters can stick with Beasley. Diggs and Beasley are dangerous matchups for Peters IMO due to their route running style. You can't put Humphrey on both Diggs and Beasley though. So if I'm Josh Allen I look for whoever Humphrey is not covering and feed them all game. 

I think we want Peters on JB for the simple fact that everyone else is a MUCH more favorable match up with Diggs.

We will be using a lot of motion. 

45 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If I'm the Bills I try and get Marcus Peters on John Brown because think Jimmy Smith is slower and be easier to beat with Diggs. 

Peters falls for double moves a lot because he is so aggressive at trying to make plays on the ball. Pump fakes and shoulder shakes should get him to bite.