Doppelgängers - Have you ever ran into yours?

ChevyVanMiller

Here is a fascinating photo study of people that look near identical, yet aren’t related at all. Check it out, pretty awesome stuff.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/strangers-who-look-like-twins-im-not-a-lookalike_n_4575750?utm_hp_ref=canada&ir=Canada&fbclid=IwAR1bI011fYuXrO9hS7QVtdohy5TB96i_bDgnytMPzYXrbM-P-pfXNEZMvNM&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9tLmZhY2Vib29rLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMpAMnYJrK4HPry9OvDHcktRoblk2kxB4pRoZVxBSbwsDky3-xiXZDuEHSh9rR-Lw4X56wbdvmRo22smLMJ1gmwkzDjkXkai6M1aBQDW8h3UXbazhJ0-N4JVH2AHqJtQclmlbhwMIP-LZSGS1if-QeHJnLYUGTeRru2T62D_MjzR

It is estimated that you have a 1 in 135 chance of having a perfect doppelgänger. Have you ever ran into someone who looks just like you? I haven’t, but occasionally I run into someone that thinks I look just like someone named Mike. My response always is, “Let’s hope Mike isn’t wanted by the police.”

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

I know I have one but I've never run across him.

I know because a few years ago my wife and I were in the Rockies chilling out in a clothing-optional hot springs at sunset and a lady sidled up to me and asked me if people ever tell me I look like Mel Gibson. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

My old next door neighbor had a friend who was told by a coworker that they met a client who looked exactly like him.  He brushed it off, but the sales rep kept on him about how they looked EXACTLY alike and that he really needed to meet this guy.  Finally he calls him - and finds out he was adopted.  He then goes to his mother and asks if he has a twin and she immediately lost it emotionally.  The short story is that they were very poor and couldn’t afford to keep both twins so they gave one up for adoption.  I know the brothers met after that but I don’t know where it went from there because we moved out of the area. 

• Like (+1) 1

For those of you who may remember a former TBD member named Turbosrgood, his doppelganger is Sean McDermott. It is insane how much they look alike.  Turbo could EASILY pass for McDermott and probably have a lot of fun with it at tailgates, bars, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

I lived with a woman for 5 years who truly looks like Danica Patrick, the race car driver.

They both have the same skull structure, hair, face, build, and are even both 5' 1" tall.

I always joked that if my GF put on a driving suit and the appropriate sunglasses at an Indycar race, and then started walking around near the paddock, *everyone* would have assumed she was Danica and she would have gotten a lot of autograph requests. 

I have never bumped into my own Doppelgänger, though I have seen a few people over the years who looked like me enough that it was kind of funny.

• Like (+1) 1

oh yeah.  the guy was pretty balls on accurate too.  

for anyone that may have grown up on the east side of rochester, the dude worked at the burger place charlies in webster.  i found out about it after a very excited call from my best friend who went there often.  he kept going on and on about how perfect of a match he was, how he could be by clone, etc.  he even went out of his way to make sure my parents were informed.  given another opportunity bust my balls, my parents jumped in the car and went to charlies.  sure enough, they were awe struck on how much we looked alike.  

on a number of occasions i've been asked if i had a sibling or cousin who works at the place.  my brother and this guy had kids in the same kindergarten class, so it's always continued to come up.  finally i had to see for myself.  when i went, we definitely had a moment.  we locked eyes and just stared at each other.  it was awkward and magical all at the same time.  he continued to work there for years, but ended up gaining a ton of weight, and the reaction just isn't the same anymore.  

at least i was able to experience love just once in my life.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, teef said:

given another opportunity bust my balls, my parents jumped in the car and went to charlies.  sure enough, they were awe struck on how much we looked alike.  

Were there any interesting interactions on your mother's part towards your father at this 'unveiling'?

😁

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Were there any interesting interactions on your mother's part towards your father at this 'unveiling'?

😁

oh yeah.  the, "my father had an affair" thing went on for a long time too.  oddly enough, i don't think my mom cared.  less time she'd have to deal with him.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/15/2021 at 6:33 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Here is a fascinating photo study of people that look near identical, yet aren’t related at all. Check it out, pretty awesome stuff.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/strangers-who-look-like-twins-im-not-a-lookalike_n_4575750?utm_hp_ref=canada&ir=Canada&fbclid=IwAR1bI011fYuXrO9hS7QVtdohy5TB96i_bDgnytMPzYXrbM-P-pfXNEZMvNM&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9tLmZhY2Vib29rLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMpAMnYJrK4HPry9OvDHcktRoblk2kxB4pRoZVxBSbwsDky3-xiXZDuEHSh9rR-Lw4X56wbdvmRo22smLMJ1gmwkzDjkXkai6M1aBQDW8h3UXbazhJ0-N4JVH2AHqJtQclmlbhwMIP-LZSGS1if-QeHJnLYUGTeRru2T62D_MjzR

It is estimated that you have a 1 in 135 chance of having a perfect doppelgänger. Have you ever ran into someone who looks just like you? I haven’t, but occasionally I run into someone that thinks I look just like someone named Mike. My response always is, “Let’s hope Mike isn’t wanted by the police.”

None of these people look anything like me. This is clickbait. 

Btw— is it just me or is there a certain creepiness to many of the poses? I’m old fashioned and am all for it with the dopplechicks but the doppledudes look just..creepy. Stand side by side, pose, cool.  But heads tilted against each other like a wedding photo?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.