‘Did You Know’ thread about the Bills

43 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Ernie davis was not drafted by Bills

Oh yes he was. 

Davis was the number-one pick in the 1962 NFL Draft on December 4, 1961.[13] Selected by the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL) in December 1961,[14] he was then almost immediately traded to the Cleveland Browns and issued number 45.[15]

He was also drafted two days earlier by the Buffalo Bills of the American Football League.[16]

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Oh yes he was. 

Davis was the number-one pick in the 1962 NFL Draft on December 4, 1961.[13] Selected by the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL) in December 1961,[14] he was then almost immediately traded to the Cleveland Browns and issued number 45.[15]

He was also drafted two days earlier by the Buffalo Bills of the American Football League.[16]

I see- my mistake- thanks for correction.

• Like (+1) 1

Did you know that Bernie Kosar was technically taken by the Bills in the supplemental draft?

Did you know that Kay Stephenson essentially sabotaged his own career as Bills HC by telling Polian to build through the draft "for the sake of the franchise" instead of stocking up on veterans in hopes of turning things around faster but with less longer term results?  (This is related to the Kosar mention above.)

Did you know there's an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building block of our universe. If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in this thread.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you know CJ Spiller played for the Jets?  I don't remember that at all...I knew about the Saints and the Chiefs.  I mean it's not the level of Thurman Thomas and the Dolphins...it was just so forgettable.

I did not know that he played for the Jests.

But he was one of the worst picks during the drought. Close to McGahee in terms of FO stupidity

16 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Bobby Burnett taught Gym at South Park  High School alongside Babe Birrer in the late 60's , i was in the class , but cant remember if it was 68, or 69.. really nice guy.. 

did you know of a kid named Kenny? 

19 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Possibly .. offhand i cant say 

It was a South Park TV show reference, I failed yet again at humor... 😁