Well now I'm mad..... Talking heads Lamar vs. Josh

1 minute ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

And then I look at your avatar. OMG. You're awesome! How long have you waited to post that video?!? Have you posted it before and I missed it? 

A fondly remembered video from the years my daughter was a toddler, I think it might be the first time posted here.  That goat's dour glare matches my attitude a fair amount of the time. 😁

40 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Ita funny how fast all the national talking heads have jumped off the bills bandwagon.

Its kinda odd that a 13 and 3 second seed with one of the toughest strength of schedules is being talked down to a 5 seed that squeeked in on an easier schedule, after the bills just won a playoff game.

I understand to a certain point and I think the ravens are going to be a problem with a good shot they can win, but its like all of a sudden the bills are not trendy because they didnt win by enough.

I see no evidence of this.

Network personalities are paid to hype playoff games.  Always has been true.  That means pushing both teams.  Baltimore is a legit hot team right now.

Why do people complain about this stuff?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

It’s all about optics as what many have said-most people felt that Buffalo would beat the Colts easier than they did. The Ravens were the visiting team against the top rusher in the league and they shut him down. So the thought is if that defense can shut down Henry they can obviously shut down Allen and if the Bills can’t stop the run against the Colts there’s no way they can stop the run against the Ravens. We have been watching them all year, we know this team can very easily put up 30+ on any defense. From what I have seen of the Ravens this year I do have serious doubts if the Ravens can put up 30. Yes their defense is good, the Bills defense has also been playing pretty lights out for weeks now

I see you watched the Indy game with Rose Coloured Glasses????

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I see no evidence of this.

Network personalities are paid to hype playoff games.  Always has been true.  That means pushing both teams.  Baltimore is a legit hot team right now.

Why do people complain about this stuff?

I expect ESPN to be TwoBillsLive, personally.

”So Stephen A., give me a bold prediction about Duke Williams!”

• Haha (+1) 1

ESPN has to fill about 12 hours a day for 6 days and there’s only so many narratives you can create. So they milk whatever seems to be a live one. It’s all meaningless, unless you base your happiness on what they say. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep I wanted to stay away this week as I stated this would be the conversation and Lamar comes back from 10-0 down in the first and the Ravens score a whole 20 points and it is a coin flip but most go with Lamar.

Amazing what one 48 yard run get's you....

Yes it was ESPN.

Friday Saturday no TV (and certainly no ESPN)......

Lamar seems like a decent person, but that's not the debate.

Just had to vent.

I think it’s more about Josh’s fumble than it is about Lamars run. That fumble, while we recovered it, reminded everyone what happened last year and puts the thought in their mind that his inability to refuse to play hero ball will always seem to rear it’s head. Jmo

edit:  I mean, he was 93% of our total offense. the guy threw for 325, ran for 50, had 3 TDs and 72% comp, the only player ever to do so......yet I’ve  heard little to nothing about him except the fumble all week. 

Edited by NewEra

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I expect ESPN to be TwoBillsLive, personally.

”So Stephen A., give me a bold prediction about Duke Williams!”

If 100% of the "national media" was stroking Josh and the Bills and predicting a blowout win for them Saturday, the same people would be saying "I'm feeling really uncomfortable over how everyone is picking the Bills and ignoring the Ravens Saturday..."

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I see you watched the Indy game with Rose Coloured Glasses????

I just don’t enjoy watching the games with your level of pessimism, that’s all

The defense didn’t play as well last week as they had been-that being said the Colts only had 10 points into the 4th quarter. The nice thing is they don’t need to play their top game any more in order for the Bills to win. The defense made a lot of mistakes last week, I don’t think they will make the same amount of mistakes this week. I don’t think the Bills will win this game running away, but I do think they will win. The Ravens will be like the Colts-they will feel they need to score on every possession, which could lead to mistakes. I actually have more confidence in this game than I did last week, that’s all 

Lamar is a bigger draw, that's all you need to know. I mean they only call him by his first name, that's when you know a player is a big deal, even ***** players ("Johnny").

Last week the Bills were getting all the media attention over the Colts because, while a good team, the Colts are pretty dull. This week the Ravens are getting a ball washing from the talking heads because they know a lot of their fans are huge Lamar fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I just don’t enjoy watching the games with your level of pessimism, that’s all

The defense didn’t play as well last week as they had been-that being said the Colts only had 10 points into the 4th quarter. The nice thing is they don’t need to play their top game any more in order for the Bills to win. The defense made a lot of mistakes last week, I don’t think they will make the same amount of mistakes this week. I don’t think the Bills will win this game running away, but I do think they will win. The Ravens will be like the Colts-they will feel they need to score on every possession, which could lead to mistakes. I actually have more confidence in this game than I did last week, that’s all 

They went up and down the field all game.  The fact they shot themselves in the foot & some bad luck does not take away that they moved the ball at wiil.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I think it’s more about Josh’s fumble than it is about Lamars run. That fumble, while we recovered it, reminded everyone what happened last year and puts the thought in their mind that his inability to refuse to play hero ball will always seem to rear it’s head. Jmo

edit:  I mean, he was 93% of our total offense. the guy threw for 325, ran for 50, had 3 TDs and 72% comp, the only player ever to do so......yet I’ve  heard little to nothing about him except the fumble all week. 

And Lamar's int vs. the Titans that was 8 yards off target was okay, because boyu he can run???  Oh and the Titans D is not good. 

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

They went up and down the field all game.  The fact they shot themselves in the foot & some bad luck does not take away that they moved the ball at wiil.

And Lamar's int vs. the Titans that was 8 yards off target was okay, because boyu he can run???  Oh and the Titans D is not good. 

What point are you trying to make?

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Ita funny how fast all the national talking heads have jumped off the bills bandwagon.

Its kinda odd that a 13 and 3 second seed with one of the toughest strength of schedules is being talked down to a 5 seed that squeeked in on an easier schedule, after the bills just won a playoff game.

I understand to a certain point and I think the ravens are going to be a problem with a good shot they can win, but its like all of a sudden the bills are not trendy because they didnt win by enough.

Exactly—it’s as if we needed to audition for style points a la college football playoff invites, where margin of victory counts seemingly as much as the W...

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Talking heads' opinions and a nickel will get you a piece of bubble gum.

Heck, I remember when the Dolphins were gonna win the AFC East and Tua was the best QB in the division. 🙄

Hey don’t keep the info of where we can get bubble gum for a nickel all to yourself!:w00t:

• Haha (+1) 2