Well now I'm mad..... Talking heads Lamar vs. Josh

Yep I wanted to stay away this week as I stated this would be the conversation and Lamar comes back from 10-0 down in the first and the Ravens score a whole 20 points and it is a coin flip but most go with Lamar.

Amazing what one 48 yard run get's you....

I just thought of a way we can settle this..................................

I think it's great that the Ravens are getting all of the hype.  The week before the Colts game, the Bills got all the hype and we're considered the hottest team in football, and the team nobody wanted to play.  The Bills came out a bit flat and fell behind to the Colts, but outlasted them in a close game.  I think the Bills thrive and do much better as an underdog and play with more of a chip on their shoulder when they are disrespected.

• Like (+1) 1

Again to me it is not the Bills vs. Ravens, but Lamar vs. Allen and that I knew would bother me.  Watching yesterday was just how much they are still in Lamar's corner this year and wanting him to dazzle.

In 2020 it was not close, Allen was the much better player & heck I'd say he was better then Lamar's 2019 season, which was very much propped by an easy schedule and dominating defense.

As for the Bills defense, hold them to 20 and no stupid "roughing the passer" penalties and the Bills should be fine.  

I have confidence if the weather is okay that the Bills should score 30+ every week.

11 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep I wanted to stay away this week as I stated this would be the conversation and Lamar comes back from 10-0 down in the first and the Ravens score a whole 20 points and it is a coin flip but most go with Lamar.

Yes it was ESPN.

Friday Saturday no TV (and certainly no ESPN)......

Lamar seems like a decent person, but that's not the debate.

Just had to vent.

First mistake, watching ESPN (except MNF and Matchup)

• Agree 2

Don't get mad. Get even. Bills have to prove it this Saturday night.

Let Lamar Jackson get his shine. So what? He IS a Superstar. He is the 2019 league MVP. If the Bills send Lamar and the Ravens home then Josh Allen officially becomes a Superstar (beyond a reasonable doubt) without needing to get a league MVP (in my humble view).

To me, this is a GREAT thing that Lamar is getting all the press and most of the national sports media picked Ravens to win. Because it's a huge jinx and puts ALL of the pressure on Ravens to win again on the road.

Stefon Diggs and Josh Allen are highly competitive personalities. I'm very sure, for them and Bills Mafia, that this is bulletin material to prove the doubters wrong. This trickles down to the rest of the Bills. Especially our defense, who is getting sh*tted on right now with these talking heads. Rightfully so.

Ravens defense is good, but it's not historic.

• Because their secondary sucks. It's nowhere near the level of 2012 Super Bowl Ravens. It's damn well nowhere near historic as 2000 Ravens.

Their passing offense is awful. They are the worst in the playoffs right now.

• If it's snowing (even a little bit) then Lamar will not throw a lot. It might snow on Saturday night, but I'm not counting on it. We should be airing it out regardless if it's snowing.

Our team is unbalanced (great offense/mediocre - bad defense).

The Ravens is unbalanced, too. (great defense/mediocre - bad offense).

Obviously, this is NOT the match up we wanted. That's ok. I don't fear these guys. No fear at all. Lamar and Ravens CAN win this game. It's no mistake they're here. Like I wrote somewhere else, I give us 60% chance of winning since we have home field. If this game was in Baltimore, I give us only 40% chance of winning.

This is gonna be a grind it out slow burn slog fest. Defense usually wins though. Our defense has got to be clicking on all cylinders and we done that a few times this season.

VS. Patriots, Chiefs (yes even in that loss), Chargers, Steelers, Broncos, Dolphins.

We can even argue that we did an ok job against the Colts last Saturday.  We have to perform better though against Ravens because we seen better from this group. That Colts team was definitely balanced. And we won.

• We did stop the run a few times at goal line.
  • Old Man Rivers >>> Lamar when it comes to throwing the ball.

We'll be fine, win or lose. What a time to be a Bills fan. We gotta circle the wagons. We owe Ravens one. They beat us 3-0 in the previous 3 match ups. Josh Allen has YET TO WIN against Lamar, 0-2. It's time. Will we get it done? We'll see.

Lastly, Charles Barkley officially chose us to go to the Super Bowl. He's part of Bills Mafia.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Like (+1) 2

The Ravens are a legitimately good team that are a lot better than a typical 5-seed.  Their QB is reigning MVP for at least a few more weeks.  Sorry, but if it bothers you that some prognosticators are picking them over us, you're going to have to grow a thicker skin.  The Bills are going to be playing a lot of big games against tough opponents in the coming years -- they won't all go our way.

It won't matter who picked who when we win on the field.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes it was ESPN.

Friday Saturday no TV (and certainly no ESPN)......

Lamar seems like a decent person, but that's not the debate.

Just had to vent.

It's a valid vent.

13 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

How many of them picked the Browns to win last week?

Meaningless drivel...

Ya, weird how they laughed when 55% of the popular fan vote took the underdog Browns to win (which had a better pick record than most of the experts) before it turned out to be right.  Almost as if the so called experts only care about storyline narratives like it's the freaking WWE or something.

13 hours ago, Sweats said:

Well, the Ravens beat the Titans....we weren't able to do that this year and in fact, we got shellacked.

Hey, hey....dont hate the player, hate the game

An injured Allen, Titans Covid schedule shenanigans, 10 Bills penalties, Titans going +3 in turnovers, and a pre-bye Bills defense helped Tennessee in a game they only managed 336 yards of offense.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

It's a valid vent.

Ya, weird how they laughed when 55% of the popular fan vote took the underdog Browns to win (which had a better pick record than most of the experts) before it turned out to be right.  Almost as if the so called experts only care about storyline narratives like it's the freaking WWE or something.

An injured Allen, Titans Covid schedule shenanigans, 10 Bills penalties, Titans going +3 in turnovers, and a pre-bye Bills defense helped Tennessee in a game they only managed 336 yards of offense.

You could also argue the Titans Covid Shenanigans cost the Bills the Chiefs game too. Was supposed to be a TNF home game with both the Bills & Chiefs on a short week. But because of the Titans messing everything up, the Chiefs ended up with TWO extra days rest. It was total BS. The Titans screwed up, but the Bills got screwed.

Not to mention the Titans got a bye before playing the Bills.

The vent had to do partially too that there is respect for Allen, but always doubt (which there too should be for Lamar if that is the case).  

Usually there is that back & forth with definitive thoughts right or wrong (i.e. Nick Wright).  In this case it was almost all leaning to Lamar and while complimentary to Josh, still tepid.

Also the Ringer had as part of an article "Redrafting 2018 QB's with those still in the Playoffs" and below is their Poll results (slightly Allen).

Three of the five quarterbacks selected in the first round of the 2018 draft are playing this weekend. If you redrafted Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson, what order would you put them in?

Clark: This is hard, mostly because if history is any guide, the three will change places depending on the situation and their development curve. Mayfield had the best first season, Lamar won an MVP in Year 2, and Allen had the strongest 2020. All three of these quarterbacks’ teams understand the value of a supporting cast and an offensive line. If I was drafting them to play one game right now, in a vacuum, independent of their current supporting cast and coaching staff, I’d go Jackson, then Allen, then Mayfield. Jackson and Allen are, at present, incredibly close in this scenario, but Jackson’s best runs make defenders look like they’ve never seen a football, and the pressure he can put on defenses is the reason he’s the reigning MVP.

Heifetz:

1. Lamar

2. Josh

Large gap.

3. Baker

Jackson and Allen are different players in similar situations—their organizations did everything possible to put them in positions to succeed, from the coaching staff to the scheme to the players around them. The Bills traded for Stefon Diggs and signed Cole Beasley (and also Allen relearned how to throw). The Ravens built an entire offense around Lamar that John Harbaugh compared to the invention of the iPhone. Having a great quarterback isn’t enough—just look at Deshaun Watson. You need an organization to make a quarterback’s job easy, not hard.

Jones: I hate this question, but: Josh Allen (only if he’s as accurate as he currently is), Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield.

Kelly: I love Jackson and the dynamic skill set that he brings to the Ravens’ offense, but it’s impossible to not pick Allen here. The Bills’ starter has made a massive jump into the elite ranks of the quarterback position, showing precise accuracy, dramatically improved decision-making, and steady leadership. The

fact he’s a Cam Newton–level talent as a runner is a nice bonus, too.

McAtee: Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield. I’m still a Baker believer, though it’s hard to compare him favorably to these other two. Allen has proved this season that his ceiling is as high as any quarterback’s in the league—no, I didn’t forget about the guy in Kansas City—but I trust Jackson a bit more.

Princiotti: 1. Josh Allen; 2. Lamar Jackson; 3. Baker Mayfield.

Sherman: Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield. So, exactly the opposite order from what I thought coming out of college. The question remains whether Allen’s ability to become an accurate thrower after college makes him a one-of-a-kind outlier, or whether we need to totally disregard college performance and simply draft the tallest, strongest QBs around.

Yep a thin skin, and thus today I'll stay away from the TV.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, EersN'Bills said:

You could also argue the Titans Covid Shenanigans cost the Bills the Chiefs game too. Was supposed to be a TNF home game with both the Bills & Chiefs on a short week. But because of the Titans messing everything up, the Chiefs ended up with TWO extra days rest. It was total BS. The Titans screwed up, but the Bills got screwed.

Not to mention the Titans got a bye before playing the Bills.

I was more concerned about the whole having to prepare for two teams at the same time thing because the NFL waited until the last minute to see if they were going to reschedule the game again if the Titans kept getting positive tests.  I'm still adamant the Titans should have forfeited. 

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I was more concerned about the whole having to prepare for two teams at the same time thing because the NFL waited until the last minute to see if they were going to reschedule the game again if the Titans kept getting positive tests.  I'm still adamant the Titans should have forfeited. 

When you consider that, plus a knocked down hail mary vs the Cardinals, BIlls very well could have been 15-1. 

But getting back on topic, I overall could not care less what talking heads are saying. I was not too impressed with Lamar last week or this season (speaking as someone who had him in Fantasy). I thought they looked dominant against bad competition though.

The Bills will try to load up against the run and make Lamar beat them with his arm. And I don't think they'll be able to keep up with the Bills.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The vent had to do partially too that there is respect for Allen, but always doubt (which there too should be for Lamar if that is the case).  

Usually there is that back & forth with definitive thoughts right or wrong (i.e. Nick Wright).  In this case it was almost all leaning to Lamar and while complimentary to Josh, still tepid.

Also the Ringer had as part of an article "Redrafting 2018 QB's with those still in the Playoffs" and below is their Poll results (slightly Allen).

Three of the five quarterbacks selected in the first round of the 2018 draft are playing this weekend. If you redrafted Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson, what order would you put them in?

Clark: This is hard, mostly because if history is any guide, the three will change places depending on the situation and their development curve. Mayfield had the best first season, Lamar won an MVP in Year 2, and Allen had the strongest 2020. All three of these quarterbacks’ teams understand the value of a supporting cast and an offensive line. If I was drafting them to play one game right now, in a vacuum, independent of their current supporting cast and coaching staff, I’d go Jackson, then Allen, then Mayfield. Jackson and Allen are, at present, incredibly close in this scenario, but Jackson’s best runs make defenders look like they’ve never seen a football, and the pressure he can put on defenses is the reason he’s the reigning MVP.

Heifetz:

1. Lamar

2. Josh

Large gap.

3. Baker

Jackson and Allen are different players in similar situations—their organizations did everything possible to put them in positions to succeed, from the coaching staff to the scheme to the players around them. The Bills traded for Stefon Diggs and signed Cole Beasley (and also Allen relearned how to throw). The Ravens built an entire offense around Lamar that John Harbaugh compared to the invention of the iPhone. Having a great quarterback isn’t enough—just look at Deshaun Watson. You need an organization to make a quarterback’s job easy, not hard.

Jones: I hate this question, but: Josh Allen (only if he’s as accurate as he currently is), Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield.

Kelly: I love Jackson and the dynamic skill set that he brings to the Ravens’ offense, but it’s impossible to not pick Allen here. The Bills’ starter has made a massive jump into the elite ranks of the quarterback position, showing precise accuracy, dramatically improved decision-making, and steady leadership. The

fact he’s a Cam Newton–level talent as a runner is a nice bonus, too.

McAtee: Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield. I’m still a Baker believer, though it’s hard to compare him favorably to these other two. Allen has proved this season that his ceiling is as high as any quarterback’s in the league—no, I didn’t forget about the guy in Kansas City—but I trust Jackson a bit more.

Princiotti: 1. Josh Allen; 2. Lamar Jackson; 3. Baker Mayfield.

Sherman: Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield. So, exactly the opposite order from what I thought coming out of college. The question remains whether Allen’s ability to become an accurate thrower after college makes him a one-of-a-kind outlier, or whether we need to totally disregard college performance and simply draft the tallest, strongest QBs around.

Yep a thin skin, and thus today I'll stay away from the TV.

Love how they talk about Jackson's best runs being important while not even considering Allen's best passes.  Much more important to have a QB who can still impose his will on top pass defenses with his arm like Allen while also being able to run, than HAVE to run like Jackson as a crutch to make up for a lack of passing skill.

11 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Love how they talk about Jackson's best runs being important while not even considering Allen's best passes.  Much more important to have a QB who can still impose his will on top pass defenses with his arm like Allen while also being able to run, than HAVE to run like Jackson as a crutch to make up for a lack of passing skill.

I still am amazed at the pass Allen made to Davis from the 4 yard line last week.  TV spent so much time checking if his feet were in bounds they forgot just how incredible the pass was.  Again hyperbole, just how many QB's could make that pass (certainly not Lamar)?

Now juxtapose that with Lamar's 48 yard run vs. the Titans.  Allen would have easily gained a minimum of 25 yards if in the same position.  Maybe not a score, but definitely a big gain.     

20 minutes ago, EersN'Bills said:

When you consider that, plus a knocked down hail mary vs the Cardinals, BIlls very well could have been 15-1. 

But getting back on topic, I overall could not care less what talking heads are saying. I was not too impressed with Lamar last week or this season (speaking as someone who had him in Fantasy). I thought they looked dominant against bad competition though.

The Bills will try to load up against the run and make Lamar beat them with his arm. And I don't think they'll be able to keep up with the Bills.

Also have to consider the possibility of the Bills being more competitive in the followup game against the Chiefs if they didn't have to suffer through the Titans' nonsense.

Aside from that, teams with a gimmick crutch like the Ravens are much more susceptible to being "figured out" and shut down by good playoffs teams rather than teams like the Bills who can say "We're going to pass the ball down your throats and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it".

I'd much rather simply be the unstoppable force, than have to rely on constantly catching defenses off guard.  The Ravens will inevitably roll snake eyes and catch a team actually prepared to contain Jackson (aside from the possibility of still outgunning them even without stopping him).

Edited by 1ManRaid