Worst. Sequels. Ever.

4_kidd_4

9 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

You gotta be kidding me. Those 3 movies were awesome. 

Deep Blue Sea 2

Deep Blue Sea 3

I agree, I was replying to a previous post saying what the best sequels were.

On 1/20/2021 at 2:03 PM, Jauronimo said:

Dark Knight is an incredible sequel.  

And Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

For anyone who has kids and went through the whole “Frozen” craze, I’m sorry, but Frozen II is singularly bad humorless fare. :doh:

My love for you, HUDs, has never been stronger and I don’t care who here knows it.

My wife and I couldn’t agree with you more.

Our family loved Frozen.  When we went to go see The Deuce we were 50 shades of “What the h*** is this?!”

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

My love for you, HUDs, has never been stronger and I don’t care who here knows it.

My wife and I couldn’t agree with you more.

Our family loved Frozen.  When we went to go so The Deuce we were 50 shades of “What the h*** is this?!”

Luckily Donuts, the Frozen sing-along and live action shows at Disney World still feature the storylines from the first one only, which tells you all you really need to know. 😅 Oh, and yeah, we also went to see II in the theater, so I'm doubly miffed we spent actual $$ on that tripe...

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Fast and furious 86 - that one will out bad the rest of them.

How can anything this amazing ever be bad? 🤣

23 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Beverly Hills Cop 2, terrible sequel.

I actually like that one, now Beverly Hills Cop 3... that was definitely 💩

Edited by Metal Man

On 6/2/2021 at 8:45 AM, Metal Man said:

How can anything this amazing ever be bad? 🤣

I actually like that one, now Beverly Hills Cop 3... that was definitely 💩

I just found Beverly Hills Cop 2 to be a bit boring. 

Eddie Murphy over played his character and a lot of the jokes felt like a rehash from the first movie. 

Also, what happened to the crappy blue Chevy Nova? He should have still had that car. It was part of his persona.

Best sequels are Godfather 2 and Toy Story 2 and 3.

Worst sequel is Jaws the Revenge or Superman 4 the Quest for Peace ("Des-troy Super-man")

I recently watched Coming to America 2 and actually felt embarrassed for everyone involved. These people really need to learn to leave this stuff alone

9 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Best sequels are Godfather 2 and Toy Story 2 and 3.

Worst sequel is Jaws the Revenge or Superman 4 the Quest for Peace ("Des-troy Super-man")

I recently watched Coming to America 2 and actually felt embarrassed for everyone involved. These people really need to learn to leave this stuff alone

I've been debating on watching this but every time I get close I can never bring myself to go through with it

On 6/3/2021 at 4:14 PM, Mark Vader said:

I just found Beverly Hills Cop 2 to be a bit boring. 

Eddie Murphy over played his character and a lot of the jokes felt like a rehash from the first movie. 

Also, what happened to the crappy blue Chevy Nova? He should have still had that car. It was part of his persona.

Yeah, they definitely rehashed a lot of the same jokes and the decision to move away from him being down and out with clothes/car was strange seeing the contrast of that with the upscale Beverly Hills is part of the original movie's charm.

It wasn't great but personally I enjoyed it enough where I don't think it scratches the surface of a worst sequel ever list.

As for recent sequels, I caught quiet place 2 over the weekend and thought that was well done. There wasn't a whole lot to the story but Krasinski is really good at building suspense.

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2021 at 4:46 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

Inspired by recently learning that “A Christmas Story 2” is a thing, what are or were some real stinkers that followed a pretty good to great original movie?

Top of my head, I gotta say Caddyshack 2 was really awful, and just about a downright disservice to the original.

The Clooney & Kilmer Batman flicks were pretty bad too, imo. Not sure if those are sequels or not.

The newest Star Wars trilogy is a trainwreck.

Godfather 3 is not a good movie.

Everything after Rocky 4 is no good.

What say youse??

Actually looks like it might be good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/19/2021 at 1:04 PM, Mark Vader said:

Disagree completely.

Yeah, "Aliens" is action packed and has a lot of fun lines. "Game over, man! Game over!"

"Alien" is a spectacular thriller, and is far more intense.

Alien as a piece of work is MASSIVELY superior to Aliens in every way.

But I actually really like ALIENS.  Among the 10 million Alien sequels, it's pretty much the only I enjoy watching.

They managed to capture a lot of the vibe of the original.

Alien the original is one of the best movies ever made, and one of the absolutely most copied/ripped off films of all time.

There are 10 million movies that have come along since that are, more or less, an Alien ripoff.

It spawned an entire genre of film.

That's not easy to do! 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Alien as a piece of work is MASSIVELY superior to Aliens in every way.

But I actually really like ALIENS.  Among the 10 million Alien sequels, it's pretty much the only I enjoy watching.

They managed to capture a lot of the vibe of the original.

Alien the original is one of the best movies ever made, and one of the absolutely most copied/ripped off films of all time.

There are 10 million movies that have come along since that are, more or less, an Alien ripoff.

It spawned an entire genre of film.

That's not easy to do!

The xenomorph is the scariest and coolest monster ever.  If it weren't for Ridley Scott backing up Dan O'Bannon in wanting HR Giger, it would never have happened the way it did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.