Worst. Sequels. Ever.

4_kidd_4

11 hours ago, CookieG said:

Godfather II

As far as the bad ones, Blues Brothers 2000 was horrendous comedy wise, but music wise, it could have been better than the original.

I think Godfather II is every bit as good as the original.  To each his own, but I was shocked to see this submitted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think Godfather II is every bit as good as the original.  To each his own, but I was shocked to see this submitted.

He was saying it’s good.

As for 3, someone said it’s not bad. OK, but it’s not good either.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Clerks 2 was brutal.

Teen Wolf Too was also no good.

Back To The Future 2 is passable, but 3 is downright awful.

I actually enjoyed Clerks 2.  Definitely not as good as the first, but it had some great humor.  To this day, whenever I watch the porch mnkey scene, I laugh just as hard as I did the first time I saw it.  

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 1

Major League 2 was a dud.

Slap Shot 2 was even worse than that. 

Speaking of Charlie Sheen, Hot Shots Part Deux was the first movie I ever walked out of. Not that the first one was a masterpiece by and stretch,  but even teenage me knew when to cut my losses w part 2.

17 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

You beat me to it. Godfather II was the best sequel ever.  Blows me away when you consider how great the original was.

i have always thought Godfather II

was better than Godfather I.  Maybe the only time a sequel has actually bettered the original. 

by the way in terms of terrible sequels, as you all may have guessed I would say, “the next karate kid” starring Hillary Swank was terrible. I won’t even mention the Karate Kid re-boot starring Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith, which I believe should be banned in the United States. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

by the way in terms of terrible sequels, as you all may have guessed I would say, “the next karate kid” starring Hillary Swank was terrible. I won’t even mention the Karate Kid re-boot starring Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith, which I believe should be banned in the United States. 

Ha, both so bad!!

As an aside, man Kobra Kai series is some cringey stuff. Started off OK, has some moments, but about halfway thru season 1 wife and I were basically “hate watching” it, mostly to roll our eyes and groan haha.

Not that we had high expectations, but comeon guys, we’re adults still hung up on high school???

Also, what happened to Ralph Macchio’s shoulders? Why are they missing?? 😂 

2 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Ha, both so bad!!

As an aside, man Kobra Kai series is some cringey stuff. Started off OK, has some moments, but about halfway thru season 1 wife and I were basically “hate watching” it, mostly to roll our eyes and groan haha.

Not that we had high expectations, but comeon guys, we’re adults still hung up on high school???

Also, what happened to Ralph Macchio’s shoulders? Why are they missing?? 😂 

haha— I will say that I am loving cobra Kai for the nostalgia. I have ingrained in my brain every aspect of the original karate kid movies. So all the references (some very subtle) to the original movies have brought be down memory lane. 

by the way, if you think season 1 is over the top, you should see season 2. The end of season 2 is nuclear. 

34 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

haha— I will say that I am loving cobra Kai for the nostalgia. I have ingrained in my brain every aspect of the original karate kid movies. So all the references (some very subtle) to the original movies have brought be down memory lane. 

by the way, if you think season 1 is over the top, you should see season 2. The end of season 2 is nuclear. 

Oh we’ve already grimaced our way through season 2 😂 

Don’t get me wrong, absolutely love the original movies, and for a minute Kobra Kai was definitely entertaining in regards to nostalgia. Johnny’s character is pretty good.  But as a whole, it’s a teen drama with really bad acting. And on that note, of course we’ll watch season 3 haha!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.