Worst. Sequels. Ever.

4_kidd_4

Inspired by recently learning that “A Christmas Story 2” is a thing, what are or were some real stinkers that followed a pretty good to great original movie?

Top of my head, I gotta say Caddyshack 2 was really awful, and just about a downright disservice to the original.

The Clooney & Kilmer Batman flicks were pretty bad too, imo. Not sure if those are sequels or not.

The newest Star Wars trilogy is a trainwreck.

Godfather 3 is not a good movie.

Everything after Rocky 4 is no good.

What say youse??

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

A better topic would be: what good sequels were there?  I'd say Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Empire Strikes Back.  Outside of those, I'd be hard-pressed to name any.

Godfather II

As far as the bad ones, Blues Brothers 2000 was horrendous comedy wise, but music wise, it could have been better than the original.

Edited by CookieG
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Godfather II

As far as the bad ones, Blues Brothers 2000 was horrendous comedy wise, but music wise, it could have been better than the original.

You beat me to it. Godfather II was the best sequel ever.  Blows me away when you consider how great the original was.

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, CookieG said:

A better topic would be: what good sequels were there?  I'd say Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Empire Strikes Back.  Outside of those, I'd be hard-pressed to name any.

Terminator 2. 

as far as bad ones The Hangover 2 was absolutely atrocious. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Original Planet of the Apes... all good, especially Beneath.

Bad would be Hannibal... was expecting more but it never happened. Looks like there is a new series coming out called Clarice... who knows. I'm not a big poodle fan anyways.

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Godfather II is the best sequel in history, bar none.

6 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Inspired by recently learning that “A Christmas Story 2” is a thing, what are or were some real stinkers that followed a pretty good to great original movie?

Top of my head, I gotta say Caddyshack 2 was really awful, and just about a downright disservice to the original.

The Clooney & Kilmer Batman flicks were pretty bad too, imo. Not sure if those are sequels or not.

The newest Star Wars trilogy is a trainwreck.

Godfather 3 is not a good movie.

Everything after Rocky 4 is no good.

What say youse??

Folks love to piss on Godfather III, and yes, it is not in the league of 1 and 2, both those are 2 of the best 5 films of all time.  

But Godfather III is not a bad movie.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.