The Democrats Unification Tour*

55 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Can we officially say that a majority of Republicans/Trump supporters need closed captioning so normal Americans can understand them?

Took me 10 seconds to Google: Pelosi denounce riots

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/08/30/pelosi-condemns-violent-actions-of-antifa-protesters/

USA Today has a laundry list of quotes of top Dems condemning the riots prior to the US Capitol.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/13/fact-check-democrats-have-condemned-violence-linked-protests/3317862001/

Again, a 10 second Google.

perhaps before forming an option, do yourself a favor and do a 10 second Google to see if the facts you’re basing your opinion on are true or false.

Like I said right around the time when violence impacted polling numbers that saw Biden's lead being eroded.  

https://news.yahoo.com/recent-surge-violence-impacting-2020-225306636.html

So perhaps you should do some critical thinking and examination of both the motives and the timing behind speaking out.  And for the record.  I am neither a Trump supporter or a Republican.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Like I said right around the time when violence impacted polling numbers that saw Biden's lead being eroded.  

https://news.yahoo.com/recent-surge-violence-impacting-2020-225306636.html

So perhaps you should do some critical thinking and examination of both the motives and the timing behind speaking out.  And for the record.  I am neither a Trump supporter or a Republican.

I don’t know if you know much about how polling goes but usually it takes time to get results and publish them, then act on them.

just from the article I posted: 

On May 31, the fifth night of demonstrations, former Vice President Joe Biden, the party’s presumptive nominee, wrote in a statement that protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and the “American response."But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

On June 3, Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C., the majority whip of the House of Representatives, told The Washington Post that the movement for racial justice suffers when it is “hijacked” by violence.

The face of the Democrat party and another high ranking politician speaking out far before polls would have come in and far before the publication date of your article.

50 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I don’t know if you know much about how polling goes but usually it takes time to get results and publish them, then act on them.

just from the article I posted: 

On May 31, the fifth night of demonstrations, former Vice President Joe Biden, the party’s presumptive nominee, wrote in a statement that protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and the “American response."But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

On June 3, Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C., the majority whip of the House of Representatives, told The Washington Post that the movement for racial justice suffers when it is “hijacked” by violence.

The face of the Democrat party and another high ranking politician speaking out far before polls would have come in and far before the publication date of your article.

My final thought is this..  Its one thing to speak out against something.  As the saying goes talk is cheap.  Its another thing to do take action and to back up the talk.  As we know most of these violent demonstrations, destruction of property, clashes among opposing groups, and events took place in Democratically controlled cities and states where the entire apparatus of government was controlled by the party.  But police were ordered to back off, prosecutors released those arrested (who got re-arrested and re-released) and refused to press charges in most cases.  Mayors abandoned their citizens and allowed the streets to be taken over by anarchists like in Seattle.  They refused to cooperate with Federal agents and officers at all levels.  Organizers bused and flew in professional agitators to various cities all over the country to cause trouble.  Nothing was done to charge these groups with anything like inciting riots or dare I say "insurrection" against the government at one level or another.  Governors held back on utilizing the Guard and State Police resources.  More or less nothing was done and ordinary citizens and businesses were left on their own subject to attacks and destruction of private property.  And now the politicians got the balls to take a law and order stance per the violence at the Capitol as it suits their needs for power.  Are you really comfortable with a government that acts in its own interests as dictated by the circumstances and has little regard for its citizens?  I am not.  No matter which party is in power as I expect the other party would do the same in similar circumstances.        

A few weeks back the grand jury in Louisville declined to bring charges against any of the cops in the Brianna Taylor shooting.  Yet the outrage and street demonstrations you'd expect from such a ruling didn't take place.  That seems odd.  If it was before the election we would have seen massive street protests and perhaps more violence and looting.  But we didn't.  Why?  Because there's simply no political points to score at this point since the election is over. 

We're all getting played here and pitted against one another in some manufactured conflict of ideologies and beliefs.  I get it, a lot of other people do to, but a lot more don't.  The real enemies aren't you and I disagreeing on interpretations and opinions on events and politics.  Its the .1% running the show and calling all the shots.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

“I give you my word, I will always level with you. I will defend the Constitution. I’ll defend our democracy. I’ll defend America.” 

--President Joe Biden 

Yes!!   Start with the border!!  Like a prior iteration of yourself once believed!!

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

My final thought is this..  Its one thing to speak out against something.  As the saying goes talk is cheap.  Its another thing to do take action and to back up the talk.  As we know most of these violent demonstrations, destruction of property, clashes among opposing groups, and events took place in Democratically controlled cities and states where the entire apparatus of government was controlled by the party.  But police were ordered to back off, prosecutors released those arrested (who got re-arrested and re-released) and refused to press charges in most cases.  Mayors abandoned their citizens and allowed the streets to be taken over by anarchists like in Seattle.  They refused to cooperate with Federal agents and officers at all levels.  Organizers bused and flew in professional agitators to various cities all over the country to cause trouble.  Nothing was done to charge these groups with anything like inciting riots or dare I say "insurrection" against the government at one level or another.  Governors held back on utilizing the Guard and State Police resources.  More or less nothing was done and ordinary citizens and businesses were left on their own subject to attacks and destruction of private property.  And now the politicians got the balls to take a law and order stance per the violence at the Capitol as it suits their needs for power.  Are you really comfortable with a government that acts in its own interests as dictated by the circumstances and has little regard for its citizens?  I am not.  No matter which party is in power as I expect the other party would do the same in similar circumstances.        

A few weeks back the grand jury in Louisville declined to bring charges against any of the cops in the Brianna Taylor shooting.  Yet the outrage and street demonstrations you'd expect from such a ruling didn't take place.  That seems odd.  If it was before the election we would have seen massive street protests and perhaps more violence and looting.  But we didn't.  Why?  Because there's simply no political points to score at this point since the election is over. 

We're all getting played here and pitted against one another in some manufactured conflict of ideologies and beliefs.  I get it, a lot of other people do to, but a lot more don't.  The real enemies aren't you and I disagreeing on interpretations and opinions on events and politics.  Its the .1% running the show and calling all the shots.

You’re moving some goal posts here.

Also you point out that most of the riots took place in Democrat controlled cities.

The demonstrations were against social injustice toward the black community. Black communities are generally Democratically controlled.

You don’t see riots for social injustice in Elma, NY not because it’s Republican controlled town but because it’s 99 percent white. 

So it’s more a condition of who the injustice is against that defined where riots took place opposed to which party is in control.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I wonder how long until the Dems start being uncivil to the right?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/protesters-gather-damage-democratic-headquarters-005147909.html

One day

I can admit Biden is not the most obnoxious Leftist but this "Unity" stuff is absurd for most liberals. With all of insults and slurs the left has thrown at Trump and anyone who did not hate him I am confused on how you get to demand unity now. It is like me demanding Pat's* fan get on the Bills bandwagon now that we are winning. If you want unity please start being civil first.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Are you completely unconscious.  It says they attacked the democratic party headquarters???  In what universe can you begin to try to bring the right into this story.  It's far left being mad at the center left.  

Just now, daz28 said:

Are you completely unconscious.  It says they attacked the democratic party headquarters???  In what universe can you begin to try to bring the right into this story.  It's far left being mad at the center left.  

They attacked anyone to the right of them. Dems and police are right of these dopes.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So you don't think Biden is more conservative than these dopes?

I don't think Biden is conservative, and I know you also know Biden is not conservative.  I also know you're being willfully ignorant.  

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I don't think Biden is conservative, and I know you also know Biden is not conservative.  I also know you're being willfully ignorant.  

I am ignorant that Biden is more conservative than the guys tearing up Portland? I am not sure if your issue is you do not read what I wrote or you are a literal troll but the dudes in Portland are attacking anything that is more conservative than them and I don't understand why you think that is debatable.

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am ignorant that Biden is more conservative than the guys tearing up Portland? I am not sure if your issue is you do not read what I wrote or you are a literal troll but the dudes in Portland are attacking anything that is more conservative than them and I don't understand why you think that is debatable.

This was the original point:  'I wonder how long until the Dems start being uncivil to the right?'

You can act coy, but NO ONE(including you) thought that meant will the far left start being uncivil to Biden.  It meant when will Biden, who promoted unity, be uncivil to the conservatives.  You made a dumb post, and you're trying to weasel out of it.  Also, you edited your post after I replied.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

This was the original point:  'I wonder how long until the Dems start being uncivil to the right?'

You can act coy, but NO ONE(including you) thought that meant will the far left start being uncivil to Biden.  It meant when will Biden, who promoted unity, be uncivil to the conservatives.  You made a dumb post, and you're trying to weasel out of it.  Also, you edited your post after I replied.  

I didn't edit the post- I added a second post but nothing was posted in between, so you are incorrect again. And I am not "weaseling out", I am not changing the argument, I am standing by my words that the Portland dummies are attacking everything to the right of them. You are the one who assumed I meant something different. I gave you a chance to bow out early on but you wanted to prove to me your reading comprehension is limited 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I didn't edit the post- I added a second post but nothing was posted in between, so you are incorrect again. And I am not "weaseling out", I am not changing the argument, I am standing by my words that the Portland dummies are attacking everything to the right of them. You are the one who assumed I meant something different. I gave you a chance to bow out early on but you wanted to prove to me your reading comprehension is limited 

Adding on to a post after someone replies to it IS editing it. That's why you had to hit the 'edit' button to do it.  

For craps and giggles, is there anyone left of the Portland rioters???  If not, then it can be implied that everyone is already to the right of them.