Questions to those who attended the last game?

ricojes

Just had my Covid test this afternoon.  It was quick, well organized.

For those that went to the first game:

Did they let you stay in your vehicle until the gate time?  

I heard rumors that people were drinking outside of their cars, just no grilling?

Or am I better off just going to a restaurant before hand?

My gate time is 7:05.  Way too early in my opinion.  I emailed my rep, but got an open ended reply.  Any idea if there was flexibility in gate entrance times?

Any advice?

GO BILLS!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ricojes said:

I heard rumors that people were drinking outside of their cars, just no grilling?

My gate time is 7:05.  Way too early in my opinion.  I emailed my rep, but got an open ended reply.  Any idea if there was flexibility in gate entrance times?

Any advice?

GO BILLS!!!!

How did you get a gate time?  I was told I wouldn't receive any instructions at all until tomorrow.  

Just now, Shaw66 said:

How did you get a gate time?  I was told I wouldn't receive any instructions at all until tomorrow.  

If you go to your account manager, you'll see your tickets.  The only thing missing is the bar code, which is pending a negative COVID test result.

I attended the WC game, parked in Lot 1 near the Fieldhouse.  People were able to sit in their vehicles and "prepare" for the game, some others sat on tailgates or stood outside their vehicles without much of a problem.  Fans were definitely far more discreet than they otherwise would be at a tailgate party in non-pandemic times. You should be OK with already prepared foods.  There were security patrols in the lots on golf carts.  I would advise against trying to use a portable grill.

Entry/Exit was breeze.  We were able to walk in ahead of the designated entry time through the assigned entry gate and after the 90 minutes before kickoff cutoff time that was indicated for general entry.  There's some flexibility with it but I would recommend going in within 15 mins or so of your assigned time.  The assigned gate will be noted on your ticket, and is based on the lots your parking pass (emailed before the game) will assign you to as well. 

Have fun and be loud for us all!!

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, ricojes said:

Any advice?

GO BILLS!!!!

I got a 6:45 gate entry time. I think I might be the first person in the stadium. Way earlier than I hoped, but I’m just happy to be going.  Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffalonian said:

I got a 6:45 gate entry time. I think I might be the first person in the stadium. Way earlier than I hoped, but I’m just happy to be going.  Go Bills! 

I got 6:45 also, are you in one of the clubs? 

3 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Just as a casual observer.. reading about the reality of it all.. pretty regimented .. jesus.. it is a GD football game .. and nobody wants fans in the stands more than me.. wow

For sure.  Will be very interesting to see what the home opener 2021 looks like.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Just as a casual observer.. reading about the reality of it all.. pretty regimented .. jesus.. it is a GD football game .. and nobody wants fans in the stands more than me.. wow

Yes, it's regimented, but in some ways it's an example of the way people SHOULD behave during the pandemic, instead of the way we ARE behaving.   Everything is really well organized, you can call the Bills with any questions.   I had my test at the stadium this morning - no lines.  In fact, I was 15 minutes early, no problem.  Come on in.  Zip, zip, zip and you're done. 

On the other hand, it's a measure of what can be accomplished when you spend money on it.   The whole operation seems over-staffed, because the Bills and the NFL want it all to go right.   

The country is having trouble rolling out the vaccine and getting it into people's arms, and I just don't see that it has to be that difficult to do.   If the Bills can test 6,000 people in two mornings without breaking a sweat, ten similar operations around Buffalo should be able to vaccinate 30,000 people a day.   Do that all over the country, and we'll be running out of vaccine, not worrying about it going bad in freezers somewhere.  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yes, it's regimented, but in some ways it's an example of the way people SHOULD behave during the pandemic, instead of the way we ARE behaving.   Everything is really well organized, you can call the Bills with any questions.   I had my test at the stadium this morning - no lines.  In fact, I was 15 minutes early, no problem.  Come on in.  Zip, zip, zip and you're done. 

On the other hand, it's a measure of what can be accomplished when you spend money on it.   The whole operation seems over-staffed, because the Bills and the NFL want it all to go right.   

The country is having trouble rolling out the vaccine and getting it into people's arms, and I just don't see that it has to be that difficult to do.   If the Bills can test 6,000 people in two mornings without breaking a sweat, ten similar operations around Buffalo should be able to vaccinate 30,000 people a day.   Do that all over the country, and we'll be running out of vaccine, not worrying about it going bad in freezers somewhere.  

Seems very efficient and safe. It actually seems like they could probably handle more fans. I wonder if they try and get it above 10k if we somehow host the AFC Championship game. Assuming the other two games are flawless. I expect them to be. 

38 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

"We are behaving" not sure i get the "gist" i see people wearing masks , social distancing , my simple point .. it seems way too regulated , thats all.. "time to get there"  get tested? how could they not "get it right" .. anyway.. i heard its 15 dollars for a beer .. true? 

When I attended the last two Super Bowls (Pasadena and Atlanta) we were in our seats at least an hour and half before kick-off.  We had a blast watching warm ups and just generally being thrilled to be in that moment. "Where else would you rather be?"

Enjoy everyone! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm so used to being crammed in between people and having drunk people falling all over the place at a game, that it kind of seems NICE to attend a game in a mostly empty stadium, with heavy security presence. Yeah, I'm sure there's a strangeness to it all and a sadness that more of Bills Mafia can't be there, but at the same time...form a purely "watching the game" standpoint and enjoying one's self without all the drunken ruckus and nonsense? Being amongst only 6,700 people seems...not so bad.

Edited by Logic

3 hours ago, buffalonian said:

Could be a positive - Diggs might play catch with you.

• Like (+1) 1

Gate time isn't checked you just roll in and get parked Disney style.........neither was the time of covid testing.....you could roll up whenever.

You can sit in your car for as long as you'd like before the game they weren't checking that.

You can get out and move around drink a bit around the vehicle if you act like you are getting ready.

If you didn't get your covid test result back yet you can go to bioreference.com/get-results and set up an account and view them and use that as your proof for entry.

If NYS sends you a questionaire and you fill it out it will show on the ticket takers device that you have passed your test when they scan your NYS drivers license.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1