Robert Saleh getting second interview with Chargers

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Chargers would be crazy imo to hire Daboll over Saleh. 
Both have potential as head coaches but LA needs some serious help on defense. The offense is already successful how much better can Daboll really make them? And does it matter if they still can’t play defense? 

I think the Chargers have the inside track on Dabol.

Dabol went to St Francis with their GM Tom Telesco.  He also has a bone fide future franchise QB that has one year under his belt and is "proven".

Dabol also has the Patriot non-sense with the Texans and their GM and Esterby so Dabol has two "ins" on his candidacy.

I think Dabol is gone unless as the HC jobs are full and he decides he would be happy at Bills OC.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think the Chargers have the inside track on Dabol.

Dabol went to St Francis with their GM Tom Telesco.  He also has a bone fide future franchise QB that has one year under his belt and is "proven".

Dabol also has the Patriot non-sense with the Texans and their GM and Esterby so Dabol has two "ins" on his candidacy.

I think Dabol is gone unless as the HC jobs are full and he decides he would be happy at Bills OC.

A lot is being made of the bolded. Do we know they were friends? What if one bullied the other? Stole the other's girlfriend?

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Fans might be overrating Daboll as he hasn't really had a top offense until this year and he's more of a cerebral coach than the "rah-rah" guy you see in Saleh.  I'm not saying he doesn't get hired but it's not  slam dunk like a lot of Bills fans are assuming.

I don’t think Daboll is overrated. There’s still a chance that he goes to Houston or LA.

Urban taking a job has limited the pool. The Jets are poison. 

The biggest markets for Daboll would be a team that wants him to develop a franchise QB. 

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

I don’t think Daboll is overrated. There’s still a chance that he goes to Houston or LA.

Urban taking a job has limited the pool. The Jets are poison. 

The biggest markets for Daboll would be a team that wants him to develop a franchise QB. 

I think he goes to the Chargers as the brass there pry thinks he can get the most out of Herbert given his success with Allen.  I was just pointing out that there's a risk with every new coach and Daboll's past offenses prior to this year are nothing to ride home about.

20 hours ago, BITE ME said:

Daboll is going to be interviewed there as soon as the Bills run is over.  Saleh is a good coach but I don't see the Chargers making any offer until the Super Bowl is over. I think this gives Saleh a ton of leverage over the Jets now.  They may have to make an offer ASAP.

The Jets are clearly reading my posts on this site.  😉

19 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Chargers would be crazy imo to hire Daboll over Saleh. 
Both have potential as head coaches but LA needs some serious help on defense. The offense is already successful how much better can Daboll really make them? And does it matter if they still can’t play defense? 

Couldn't Daboll hire a good DC to help fix the defense?

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, nucci said:

Couldn't Daboll hire a good DC to help fix the defense?

Who? 
I don’t see too many defensive coordinators available, do you? 
49ers promoted Ryans who has never been a coordinator and is young. 
Lot of guys retired this year. Lot of older retread guys who haven’t been very successful have been hired. 
Meyer is supposedly trying to get Raheem Morris from Atlanta. 
The only real coordinator I see left who makes sense is Romeo Cronnel and he’s like 70 years old and I don’t know if he’s even coaching next year. I supposed Daboll could have an eye on someone from our defensive staff to take with him. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No it didn’t, I’m surprised he signed with them. But unless he works a miracle I see him gone within 2 years like Gase

I think he'll get a longer leash than Gase because he's a 1st time head coach, not someone who was recycled like Gase.