Steelers Fire OC Randy Fichtner

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, dneveu said:

3 playoff wins since arians left, and i outlined them.  Playoffs in 5 of 9 years, 3 total playoff wins.  Never beat manning or brady in the playoffs.  So for basically the 15 years coaching, it was patriots colts and later denver that you had to beat - and he has 0 playoff wins over those guys.

Agree. He isn't an elite coach. But he is a good coach. You can't be a bum and go 14 years without a losing record.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

this is really the most interesting part, and there are many interesting parts.  Ben is a big crybaby when he doesn't have the OC he wants, who does things the way he wants, even if the results are good.  This means that either Ben and Fichtner had a rift, or the Steelers are telling Ben it's no longer "your" team.   

Ben is no longer productive enough to warrant his disruptive/selfish nature.  Pitt would do as well or better with Fitz (for example) in addition to getting a team guy.

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought Big Ben hand-picked him

Because they are “buddies,” from what I have heard. Something tells me that whole coaching staff got really comfortable; which you can, when you have a HOF QB who masks all your problems probably. Cant rely solely on Big Ben’s arm and athleticism like they could in the past. 

5 hours ago, In Summary said:

Ben is no longer productive enough to warrant his disruptive/selfish nature.  Pitt would do as well or better with Fitz (for example) in addition to getting a team guy.

That's an interesting point.  Fitz on Pitt also frees up money, and provides a good vet presence for the backups.  

12 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

That's an interesting point.  Fitz on Pitt also frees up money, and provides a good vet presence for the backups.  

And a new team he has not been on.

There is fan who goes to my bar who went to school with him with an unusual Fitzpatrick jersey - he had 8 jerseys cut up and sewed together, one from each team, in quarters front and back.

• Like (+1) 1