Key to beating the Ravens- beating the blitz

NewEra

Isn't Josh one of the best QB's in the league against the Blitz? how come this isn't the main conversation.

Hasn't Diggs and Beasley beaten some of the best CB/SCB in the league? Why isn't this the main conversation.

Hasn't our Line given Josh a ton of time even against the blitz? 

Sorry guys I could go on but I think you get the point.

I'm tired of this doom and gloom fearing other teams. 

56 minutes ago, Plano said:

This.

Lamar isn't a passer. He's a RB who throws it sometimes.

Stop him from running, they are finished.

End of thread. 

Meanwhile he led the league in passing TDs last season. Pretty good for a RB

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

said every team that lost to them for 1.5 seasons now... 

we stopped him last season.  And still lost

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Isn't Josh one of the best QB's in the league against the Blitz? how come this isn't the main conversation.

Hasn't Diggs and Beasley beaten some of the best CB/SCB in the league? Why isn't this the main conversation.

A lot of it is how poorly we played Indy and that playoff teams are tough...especially in the AFC.

Not doom and gloom, but not Pollyanna either. Just pragmatic assessments from fans that love to dig into the X's and O's.

Could be a tough game with how we stack up against running teams. We know what our team is good at doing, but also the chinks in the armor.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

when you’re a Buffalo Bills fan, you fear the worst.  It’s what you do.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

A lot of it is how poorly we played Indy and that playoff teams are tough...especially in the AFC.

Not doom and gloom, but not Pollyanna either. Just pragmatic assessments from fans that love to dig into the X's and O's.

Could be a tough game with how we stack up against running teams. We know what our team is good at doing, but also the chinks in the armor.

Indy played their A+ game and we played our C game and we still won. Against a team that was in the top 10 in the NFL in Offense, Defense and Special Teams. Let that sink in for a minute. You have to be a REALLY REALLY good team to do that.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, billybob71 said:

Didnt the Steelers blitz Allen a ton also? It worked for one half then boom, we all know what happened next

That was mostly just switching how they were blocking heyward.  He was a problem, they adjusted and the steelers couldn't fix it.  

I'd like to see some mckenzie motion in this game, same with diggs.  A timely screen to knox.  The john brown screen call if they give those 0 looks.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Indy played their A+ game and we played our C game and we still won. Against a team that was in the top 10 in the NFL in Offense, Defense and Special Teams. Let that sink in for a minute. You have to be a REALLY REALLY good team to do that.

Yeah, they were not your typical wild card team that lucked into backing into a playoff spot.

They did some good things against us. I never expect those same things to work against Allen very well when copied by the next team.

He learns and takes his game to a new level. Particularly recognizing similar schemes and looks.

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So what do you think our chances are of winning, cause the way you wrote this its all gloom and doom?

18 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

You can see it however you like.   I feel that if Josh beats the blitz at a good rate, we’ll win.  If the blitz confuses him and stunts out offense, we’ll lose

feel free to start your own thread regarding how amazing Josh, Diggs and Beasley is at beating.  

I’m sorry that I wrote things that you don’t like.  I talked about how good the ravens are at blitzing.  I talked about how good we are at beating the blitz.  I talked about last seasons matchup.  I then proposed several questions.  What is your problem? Mad that I called out your amazing thread yesterday?  

This isn’t a doom and gloom thread.  Does anyone else think this is a doom and gloom thread? Anyone?  I’d love to hear some feedback on this. 

Don’t be so sensitive   

Edited by NewEra

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

when you’re a Buffalo Bills fan, you fear the worst.  It’s what you do.

Not this fan. Cautiously Optimistic. 

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Indy was a completely different beast. Rivers was able to get rid of the ball fast and we didn't have an answer.  Indy was the best team left as far as being a solid all around team. The Indy game and how we played or the lack there of should not flow into this game other then the running aspect.

8 minutes ago, dneveu said:

That was mostly just switching how they were blocking heyward.  He was a problem, they adjusted and the steelers couldn't fix it.  

I'd like to see some mckenzie motion in this game, same with diggs.  A timely screen to knox.  The john brown screen call if they give those 0 looks.  

I have never thought of Mitch Morse as a mauler at center. Rather a sound technical player, smart, and mobile.

Watching the Browns center beat Heyward solo play after play drove home the advantage of having more of a mauler in that role.

Not knocking Mitch, just we may have reason to emphasize that aspect of center play in the future as we do not often pull our center on plays and have more need to keep the pocket from being pushed into Allen's lap and to be able to handle the better NTs in the league.

Edited by WideNine

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Not this fan. Cautiously Optimistic. 

Indy was a completely different beast. Rivers was able to get rid of the ball fast and we didn't have an answer.  Indy was the best team left as far as being a solid all around team. The Indy game and how we played or the lack there of should not flow into this game other then the running aspect.

Baltimore's rushing attack is a lot different than anyone else.  But I think we can crowd the LOS - attack the mesh point and identify the RPO read.  You can't let the 5-10 yard completion turn into 20+.  3rd downs and 3rd down defense.  If you can create turnovers, even better.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You can see it however you like.   I feel that if Josh beats the blitz at a good rate, we’ll win.  If the blitz confuses him and stunts out offense, we’ll lose

feel free to start your own thread regarding how amazing Josh, Diggs and Beasley is at beating.  

I’m sorry that I wrote things that you don’t like.  I talked about how good the ravens are at blitzing.  I talked about how good we are at beating the blitz.  I talked about last seasons matchup.  I then proposed several questions.  What is your problem? Mad that I called out your amazing thread yesterday?  

This isn’t a doom and gloom thread.  Does anyone else think this is a doom and gloom thread? Anyone?  I’d love to hear some feedback on this. 

Don’t be so sensitive   

I'm saying this thread has the feel of doom and gloom and if you read up on your replies, I was not the only one. 

This game isn't so one dimensional where if we cant read there defenses and read pre-snap on blitzes that we are done If Josh is done.. Stop saying I'm sensitive just because I disagree with your content.

Just now, dneveu said:

Baltimore's rushing attack is a lot different than anyone else.  But I think we can crowd the LOS - attack the mesh point and identify the RPO read.  You can't let the 5-10 yard completion turn into 20+.  3rd downs and 3rd down defense.  If you can create turnovers, even better.

100% agree

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I'm saying this thread has the feel of doom and gloom and if you read up on your replies, I was not the only one. 

This game isn't so one dimensional where if we cant read there defenses and read pre-snap on blitzes that we are done If Josh is done.. Stop saying I'm sensitive just because I disagree with your content.

100% agree

Please, enlighten me.  Show me other posts that others have made that would allude to my post being doom and gloom?  My replies to other people’s posts have been on both sides of the spectrum.  Supporting why we could be in trouble and why we could be in for a good game.  I have no idea how this is going to turn out.  I don’t pretend to know. 

I’m saying that you’re being sensitive because you said you were tired of people posting doom and gloom.  I’m saying your being sensitive because in your posts yesterday crying about refs, you were being sensitive.

people can feel differently than you do.  It’s ok. “I’m tired of this doom and gloom fearing other teams”.  You don’t think that’s sensitive?  

anyway, I enjoy these message boards and I’d like to stay, so can someone please tell me how to use the ignore function from my phone?

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Please, enlighten me.  Show me other posts that others have made that would allude to my post being doom and gloom?  My replies to other people’s posts have been on both sides of the spectrum.  Supporting why we could be in trouble and why we could be in for a good game.  I have no idea how this is going to turn out.  I don’t pretend to know. 

I’m saying that you’re being sensitive because you said you were tired of people posting doom and gloom.  I’m saying your being sensitive because in your posts yesterday crying about refs, you were being sensitive.

people can feel differently than you do.  It’s ok. “I’m tired of this doom and gloom fearing other teams”.  You don’t think that’s sensitive?  

anyway, I enjoy these message boards and I’d like to stay, so can someone please tell me how to use the ignore function from my phone?

This took me 5 seconds to find. I got the exact same feeling about the post when I read House. He was being Sarcastic. You put content out there that people disagree with and you call it sensitive witch is silly. you say if they don't do this, this, this, to Baltimore we are in big trouble this game. That's very one sided. I say its 2 sided They have to stop us from doing certain things we do well to. Just because someone disagrees with your content doesn't make them sensitive. Its called a subjective view. This is a cup half full half empty thing. IF you cant handle someone being subjective to what you post then that's on you. Calling me sensitive is also considered personal attack. Argue the points being talked about and drop the personal attacks

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

We are doomed

Edited by PrimeTime101

3 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Everyone keeps talking about stopping Lamar but we can't forget that the Ravens are loaded at RB and number 1 in the NFL in rushing.  My prediction is that we need to keep their TDs to a minimum and force them into FGs.  I predict that Josh will have 4 TDs plus Bass with mulitple FGs.  We didn't do so good with field position last week but I feel we will win the field position this week.  My prediction is that we will put up 40+ points and keep them to around 28 - 32 points.  

Then the Browns to upset KC for the AFC championship to go through Buffalo!

Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!

Agree run defense has to step up.  And, we gotta take care of Andrews (TEs killed us last week and they’re not in his league) and it looks like the Ravens are using Brown’s speed better in the passing game—he gets the big cushion and then they dink and dunk with him because he’s so fast any one of those “little” passes can be a game breaker.  

Edmunds really needs to make big plays and that money we spent on D-Line has to pay off.  

NFL Network has last year’s Bills/Ravens game on right now.  

Edited by biggerdaddynj
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Agree run defense has to step up.  And, we gotta take care of Andrews (TEs killed us last week and they’re not in his league) and it looks like the Ravens are using Brown’s speed better in the passing game—he gets the big cushion and then they dink and dunk with him because he’s so fast any one of those “little” passes can be a game breaker.  

Edmunds really needs to make big plays and that money we spent on D-Line has to pay off.  

NFL Network has last year’s Bills/Ravens game on right now.  

watching it. Our Offense is way way better today then that game. So is our Line. Josh is also doing better on pre-snap reads and we are not going to run run pass lol

• Thank you (+1) 1