Jump to content

The Lamar Jackson effect, will it make a difference?


Recommended Posts

Lamar is a very good quarterback.  The Bills could beat the Ravens 40-0 and he is still a very good quarterback.  He is now a proven winner in the playoffs. The knock on Lamar is he will never be good enough to beat Mahomes.  That is a fair criticism.  I have seen a few brilliant games from Allen where he could beat Mahomes.  He is capable of it, although it is no given.  I have never seen Jackson have a single game that would make me believe he can go head to head with Mahomes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may have been true BEFORE THE END OF THE LAMAR JACKSON ERA   not true today

I've been saying this since Cleveland won Sunday night, that this week would be a complete Lamar slobfest leading up to the game. All over the place everyone is talking about the Ravens are the most d

All this Lamar talk is starting to get a bit annoying. That and how the Ravens are just the hottest team having now won six in a row. Thing is you need to go back and look at the five teams they playe

On 1/14/2021 at 8:53 AM, Mark80 said:

Lamar cannot throw outside the numbers.  Stop the run, cover the middle, and their offense is then stagnant.  They should be worried about the Josh Allen affect as he is a much more prolific passer all over the field and still has the tuck and run ability when needed. 

 

Problem is, the Bills aren't great against the run and are susceptible to being torched by tight ends - add in the running threat Lamar poses and this is a toss up. 

 

This is going to be your typical Bills nail-biter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

 

Problem is, the Bills aren't great against the run and are susceptible to being torched by tight ends - add in the running threat Lamar poses and this is a toss up. 

 

This is going to be your typical Bills nail-biter.

 

It is amazing how many BIlls fans forget how good the Bills offense is.  This is another Chiefs v Ravens game from earlier in the year.  Everyone saying how close it will be and one team dominating the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Lamar is a very good quarterback.  The Bills could beat the Ravens 40-0 and he is still a very good quarterback.  He is now a proven winner in the playoffs. The knock on Lamar is he will never be good enough to beat Mahomes.  That is a fair criticism.  I have seen a few brilliant games from Allen where he could beat Mahomes.  He is capable of it, although it is no given.  I have never seen Jackson have a single game that would make me believe he can go head to head with Mahomes.

He has now won a playoff game.....  He's 1-2 in the playoffs and Allen is 1-1, because only the QB matters.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

He has now won a playoff game.....  He's 1-2 in the playoffs and Allen is 1-1, because only the QB matters.

 

 

No, it is because they both played well in their playoff wins against good teams.  Beating the Titans and Colts is no easy task.  If Jackson and Allen did not play well last week they are home watching this weekend.  Jackson and Allen were instrumental in their wins last weekend. 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He's a very good QB in terms of combined production passing and rushing. 

 

2018

75.1 ypg passing, 43.4 ypg rushing, 118.5 total yards per game, 11 Total TDs in 7 games. 

 

2019

208.5 ypg passing, 80.4 ypg rushing, 288.9 total yards per game, 43 Total TD's

 

2020

183.8 ypg passing, 67.0 ypg rushing, 250.4 total yards per game, 33 Total TD's. 

 

So he is a Top 10 QB. But yards are yards, touchdowns are touchdowns, Rodgers had 51 TDs this year combined (and 5 Interceptions!), Allen had 45 TDs, Brady had 43, Wilson had 42, Herbert had 36, Mahomes had 40 and 309 ypg passing. 

 

So he's not putting up historical numbers other than rushing yards specifically. 

 

For craps and giggles, other Roman QBs...

 

Tyrod Taylor 

2015

216.79 ypg passing, 40.57 ypg rushing, 257.36 total yards per game, 24 Total TD's (in 14 games.)

 

Colin Kaepernick

2013

199.81 ypg passing, 32.75 ypg rushing, 232.56 total yards per game, 25 Total TD's (all 16 games.)

 

and 

 

Josh Allen

2020

284 ypg passing, 26.31 ypg rushing, 310.31 total yards per game, 45 Total TD's

 

 

Josh wins

3 hours ago, BITE ME said:

 

No, it is because they both played well in their playoff wins against good teams.  Beating the Titans and Colts is no easy task.  If Jackson and Allen did not play well last week they are home watching this weekend.  Jackson and Allen were instrumental in their wins last weekend. 

 

 

Agree to a certain extent.  Jackson made enough plays to win the game.  Really it was like 2 great plays and some "just another play" bunch of plays.  I would put that win more on their defense that held the Titans to 13 points and kept Baltimore in it and capable of playing the only style of offense they can play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, Stads said:

Mike Schopp is in love with Lamar Jackson. Currently listening to WGR and Schopp says Lamar has a better chance for long term success than Josh. Schopp has loved Lamar since he had him on many of his 75 fantasy teams

Mike still a Ravens/Lamar apologist on the post-game.

 

Allen brought it home, Lamar choked (again) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Mike still a Ravens/Lamar apologist on the post-game.

 

Allen brought it home, Lamar choked (again) 

 

Anyone tell him he's an idiot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Mike still a Ravens/Lamar apologist on the post-game.

 

Allen brought it home, Lamar choked (again) 

I'm not listening to the radio. What did ol' Schoppy say?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stads said:

I'm not listening to the radio. What did ol' Schoppy say?

Breaking down what the Ravens need to put around Lamar, he even mentioned “not that anybody cares about Lamar after this game” and he talked about how their Coaches don’t use their weapons and that he would “change” a bunch of things on offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Breaking down what the Ravens need to put around Lamar, he even mentioned “not that anybody cares about Lamar after this game” and he talked about how their Coaches don’t use their weapons and that he would “change” a bunch of things on offense.

No one in Buffalo should ever care that much about Lamar. Schopp needs to leave WGR and become a fantasy sports correspondent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stads said:

It would be difficult calling plays when all of his blood flow is focused elsewhere being that close to Lamar

 

I'm sure there wouldn't be much blood redirected...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well a fan just got emotional and Schopp’s ike I never predicted this, didn’t think Allen and McDermott would be in the AFC Championship game, how he doesn’t look at it like most fans and how this feels different to him.

 

To be honest, he almost sounds sad. You don’t hear joy. It’s somewhat sad his boy lost.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I am seeing a better Tyrod Taylor

 

Anyone think it was a cooincidence that they started completing passes as soon as LJ went out of the game?

 

Backup QB effect.  Ultimately they didn't let him score.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, Ravens2021 said:

 

He literally threw outside the numbers all game against the Titans...lol. Did you not watch the game?

 

Hum....how did that work out for him yesterday?  Again, Lamar cannot pass the ball at even close to any sort of elite level.  Cannot throw outside the numbers (even missed dudes who were WIDE open).  Contain him in the run game, protect middle of the field = 3 PTS allowed.  Enjoy the off-season scrub.

Edited by Mark80
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...